Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-24-2006, 10:00 PM

Azereus is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee in Canada?

Has Alizee ever had any thoughts of performing in Canada? I know that she has no intention of going to the U.S to perform but does she mean she also wont go to anywhere in North America? You would think that she would come and perform in Quebec(Canada) because it is a french speaking province. I'd like to know some more info on this.

Last edited by Azereus; 10-26-2006 at 06:18 PM..
Old 10-24-2006, 10:09 PM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

I've been wondering the same myself because most French artists expand into Québec long before they go into Asia. The only thing I can think of is that her album Gourmandises wasn't marketed here and didn't sell well enough for them to think it was worth coming here. But I am sure had she come to support it would have sold better. And to make things worse her second album Mes Courants Electriques didn't even have a Canadian release. I don't think the en Concert did either nothing until the I'm not Twenty Remixes, which again I don't think was very popular here, or anywhere (people prefer the French versions). But unlike her saying she dislikes the US paparazzi she hasn't expressed any interest in not coming here. Moi Lolita did enjoy a brief airing on Much's French Kiss so they at least were thinking about it at one time.

Last edited by Twitch; 10-24-2006 at 10:12 PM..
Old 10-24-2006, 11:56 PM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

I don't know about before but currently I think she is making a new start right from the scratch. Even she isn't sure how well her album 3 will do in France and that no doubt must be her priority. Also since she has a kid now she would need time to foccuss on her so I doubt she will come to US or canada in next 5 yrs or so.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Alizée Fan Since Day 1

Señor Villa is on a distinguished road

Alizée must focus on getting her fans from France back before going elsewhere.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Allez L'OM!

aditya8617 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Villa View Post
Alizée must focus on getting her fans from France back before going elsewhere.
Exactly. I have a feeing that if she doesn't then even we won't get much of her.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:21 AM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Who knows Lara Fabian after putting out a few singles decided to move to Montréal from Belgium with nothing more than a friend, two suitcases, and $1000 (according to her bio). Once here she finished and released her first album and has gone on to be quite successful, and still calls Montréal home. So if the French for some reason don't accept Alizée back I hope she knows she can come here, but I doubt a Corsican girl could survive the Canadian winter.
Edit: Montréal in the winter: Snow

Last edited by Twitch; 10-25-2006 at 12:28 AM..
Old 10-25-2006, 02:01 AM
Alizée Fan Since Day 1

Señor Villa is on a distinguished road

Alizée could always move to Arizona, I have an extra room for her.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:37 AM

alizéefièvre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
Has Alizee ever had any thoughts of performing in Canada? I know that she has no intention of going to the U.S to perform but does she mean she also wont go to anywhere in North America? You would think that she would come and perform in Quebec(Canada) because it is a french speaking province. I'd like to know some more info on this.
Quebec is not a freindly place. the French accent is very different over there. And they are very very stuck up! being from real french descent i've adapted the real accent. I live in British Columbia and ill tell u the quebec ppl piss off every other province because they wanna split from us and even france wont take them back they are so snobby. I do not doubt her come to quebec regardless of them being assholes but only if she releases her 3rd album here. Since shes older now and working without the aide of myléne maybe she'll decide to target certain parts of north america. lets all hope so !
Old 12-10-2006, 03:48 PM
You actually read these?

HibyPrime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizéefièvre View Post
Quebec is not a freindly place. the French accent is very different over there. And they are very very stuck up! being from real french descent i've adapted the real accent. I live in British Columbia and ill tell u the quebec ppl piss off every other province because they wanna split from us and even france wont take them back they are so snobby. I do not doubt her come to quebec regardless of them being assholes but only if she releases her 3rd album here. Since shes older now and working without the aide of myléne maybe she'll decide to target certain parts of north america. lets all hope so !
You live in BC, you must like rain, skiing, and salmon, no? Of the very short time I've spent in montreal, I can tell you that everyone I met is a hell of a lot nicer than the people here (toronto). I spent a night in trois rivere (I think that's the name of the town/city), and they are very nice there aswell..

Stereotypes are bad..

I think she is more likely to show up in mexico rather than Canada or the US, she has a massive fan-base in mexico..
Old 12-10-2006, 04:05 PM

lobowolf14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
I doubt a Corsican girl could survive the Canadian winter.
Edit: Montréal in the winter: Snow
Oh snap! That snow storm looks so fun! Seriously, It's a challenge and a rush, and I'm from Ohio, probably the only place where you will find people passing you at 50mph in the uncleared passing lane during a snowstorm.