View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Jericho Kanes the Name

Renegade is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMedStudent View Post
Just going by your age, I would predict that what you have is not cancer. The leading cause of death in your age category is car accidents. Once you hit 25 you start breaking into cancer territory.

Still unintended weight loss is usually pathologic, but this does not necessarily mean tumor.

For instance, you could have an infection. We'd look in your blood for elevated white blood cells. REALLY elevated blood white blood cells could mean cancers like leukemia/lymphoma.

You could have an aortic aneurysm which is just a dilation of the main artery coming off your heart. This happens in people that have defects in connective tissue, such as Marfans. (Are you tall like Abraham Lincoln?). This would explain the throbbing sensation in your back. This may be part of the reason for the x-ray; the dilatation can be seen pretty easily.

I would stay on top of all the tests/studies ordered for you. It is important to get to a diagnosis without delays so you can start treatment.

Good luck, and please keep us up to date on your tests and symptoms.

BTW, are you bruising easily, feeling fatigued, fever, bone pain, swelling in your legs, abdominal pain?

I have been feeling fatigued and have been having abdominal pain, sadly my results for some reason haven't come in yet so I'm going back to the doctor today to see the outcome of my X-ray. He says he has my results for sure now.

Respect To All
Peace Out

I play Russian roulette everyday.... a man sport, with a bullet life.
YEA a bullet called life.