View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 04:48 PM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
As much as we all admire Alizee's beauty, it's not the same sort of appearance as the nearly supermodel type looks of someone like Madonna or Britney Spears. Not to say either type is better or worse, just different, but it's clear which one is generally gonna be more popular in the states.
I disagree. I think if American men were asked to rate a 19-year old Britney versus a 19-year old Alizee, 70% - 80% of American men would rate Alizee as better looking. (In the case of Madonna, I think 80% - 90% of American men would rate Alizee as better looking.)

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
One thing we have to realize too is that if MF had done a better job of rewriting J'en ai marre, J'ai pas vingt ans and Youpidou into English songs, she would have been huge in the USA. Britney is a talented, beautiful young artist.
I think "J'ai pas vingt ans" would have been a big hit in the U.S.--- the song has a very "American" feel to it.

I'm not sure how JEM or YOUP would have done--- they have more of a "European" feel to them (this is particularly true of YOUP, with all its minor chords.)

Last edited by Mr Coucou; 03-13-2021 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts