View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile The name Alizée ET ALIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I was trying to do some research to see how often the name Alizee might have been used prior to 1984.
I've had very little luck with that... I also found a liqour named Alize which quite ironically was founded in 1984, the same year Alizee was born...
So it kind of leaves me to believe that the name Alizee, might have been exclusively AJ's up until she became famous.

We'll have to contact Bigdan to see if he might have heard of that name before AJ came along or maybe we'll have to ask our freinds in AF.
Well, perhaps at VERY LONG LAST I might be able to interest someone (Scruffy, if no one else) in my extremely lonely January 2010 thread, Silly fun with names you'll want to read. Among other things, it reveals that the name Alizée (two terminal E's, albeit a possible issue with the accent) took off in 1984. Jo and Michelle were not the only ones to get the idea - what else happened then - was it the beverage Scruffy cites? And the wild success of the singer from Ajaccio surely explains why her name's popularity peaked in 2001, resulting in HUNDREDS of extra Alizée babies being born!

That's right - Ms. Jacotey is responsible for as many French women being pregnant with a baby who would be named Alizée as HUNDREDS of French men put together! Oh what a stud our girl is...

By the way, When will French people learn to spell Alizée?