View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Since Alizee has a strong Mexican fan base; and since many Mexicans have migrated to the USA, I would imagine a high percentage of them would be aware of Alizee. So earlier this year I suggested a "... method to promote Alizee is to contact Latino radio stations in the USA...". See my forum post earlier this year.
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/show...973#post127973
I am a new fan in Orlando FL. I just discover her mabey 90 days ago. Ever since I tell everyone, I give out demo cd, I send video links, I talk to record storesetc.... But this news is encouraging,,, since Scruffy began the radio ads in Boston, I was inspired to call requests in to 2 Orlando stations that would play her music. The feedback I recieved was a mix of good and bad. The good, they have been recieving requests for Alizée for quite some time now and have heard of her. The bad news was this, they are NOT ALLOWED to honor her requests by MGMT untill a US album is released. I like this suggestion a lot Latin radio stations in Orlando!!!!!!! I think Alizée has been heard of here due to the large latin community esp those who have immigrated from Mexico. Actually, if my memory ever serves me correctly a young Mexican man at a construction jobsite several years ago was trying to tell me about her. The language barrier and the fact that I had no computer caused me to blow it off, however passionate he was in his telling me of her. But now I can thank him too. Because I have become a very ardent Alizée fan. I will begin my quest to request Alizée on some Latin stations.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
yea, my friend was having a party and i told him i was gonna bring all of my Alizee albums.. he told me, and i quote "forget man, it's a party. you go enjoy the french chick by yourself in the corner."

My boss said that if he wanted to go to sleep instead of work then I should play Alizée. Im the one who has the tune box at work. So I played her when he left. And several times when he came back she was on and I turned it up anyway. And when the next comment hit it went something like this outta my mouth," You get to a certain age and you know what you like whether anyone else likes it or not." Won his respect. Dont say nuthin to me when I get in the Alizée mood anymore. Wasabi dont let the fakers and the haters ever get to you.

Last edited by RobandSandy; 06-17-2010 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts