Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-02-2012, 05:56 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default ACC project

The ACC project.
One thing I had hoped to do since my recent trip to ACC was to hopefully create a thread where if someone was lucky enough to visit this building in the future, they'd know exactly where to go to see where each second of the video was filmed. I had taken several pictures, but I don't know if there are enough to clear up all the mysteries, but I think if enough people are interested, we can get this done.

There are several videos out there. Recent ones and some old ones and in the course of this project, we'll hopefully post them all.
On my trip to the Triage Lavoir building , I noticed a ladder that was in a section of the building where a main section of the video was shot. When I first saw it, I thought it was just a piece of equipment left behind when they rehabbed the outside of the building a few years earlier. But one thing that struck me about the building was how devoid it was of any spare lumber, tools or equipment on the inside or outside. I was barely able to scrape enough scraps to be able to make it inside.

Once I was inside, I saw nothing of a scrap nature. There were boards covering the big holes the gymnast jumped through. There were pieces of wood that were secured to the different stair cases, to act as railings. But other than that, this place seemed totally devoid of anything that didn't need to be there. So why the ladder?
There is a section of this video, roughly at the 1:10 mark that is filmed right after she had been in this area. One thing that makes me think she may have been up on this table when it is filmed is you see no railing around her and in this area,you see railings all around, but if she was up on the table, you would not see any.
One of the big clues of where this is filmed is the arched windows in the background. There are I believe 3 sections of this building where there are arched windows which are all parallel to each other. It will take some good CSI work to figure it out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If this ladder wasn't a part of Alizee history, it doesn't really matter. I'd still like to figure out where each moment of this video was taken.
So is this a stupid idea and shoud I ask that this thread be deleted, or should we try and figure this out.

Some sites with videos or pictures of the Triage Lavoir de Peronnes;

http://www.pastglory.nl/urban-explor..._peronnes.html

http://www.abandoned-places.com/binche.htm

http://www.uer.ca/locations/show.asp?locid=23105

http://www.uer.ca/locations/show.asp?locid=23105

http://www.pastglory.nl/urban-explor..._peronnes.html

http://users.telenet.be/lab-wan/phot...inche/t_00.htm

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-04-2012 at 05:43 AM..
Old 01-02-2012, 09:08 PM

I am far from the greatest Alizee fan ever. There are so many others in this and other forums. We cant understand ourselves why she has meant so much to us and so we could never explain to others why she has meant so much to us. All we can do is thank God (which ever God we worship) that something so increcible like her has happened to us, in our lives
Old 01-02-2012, 11:45 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The ACC project.....

If this ladder wasn't a part of Alizee history, it doesn't really matter. I'd still like to figure out where each moment of this video was taken.
So is this a stupid idea and shoud I ask that this thread be deleted, or should we try and figure this out.

Sounds like fun. I like a good puzzle.

Now, where did we put that 3-D model of the building...???

Edit:
...In your thread scruffy!
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5334

Last edited by Rev; 01-03-2012 at 12:45 AM..
Old 01-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The ACC project.
One thing I had hoped to do since my recent trip to ACC was to hopefully create a thread where if someone was lucky enough to visit this building in the future, they'd know exactly where to go to see where each second of the video was filmed. I had taken several pictures, but I don't know if there are enough to clear up all the mysteries, but I think if enough people are interested, we can get this done.

There are several videos out there. Recent ones and some old ones and in the course of this project, we'll hopefully post them all.
On my trip to the Triage Lavoir building , I noticed a ladder that was in a section of the building where a main section of the video was shot. When I first saw it, I thought it was just a piece of equipment left behind when they rehabbed the outside of the building a few years earlier. But one thing that struck me about the building was how devoid it was of any spare lumber, tools or equipment on the inside or outside. I was barely able to scrape enough scraps to be able to make it inside.

Once I was inside, I saw nothing of a scrap nature. There were boards covering the big holes the gymnast jumped through. There were pieces of wood that were secured to the different stair cases, to act as railings. But other than that, this place seemed totally devoid of anything that didn't need to be there. So why the ladder?
There is a section of this video, roughly at the 1:10 mark that is filmed right after she had been in this area. One thing that makes me think she may have been up on this table when it is filmed is you see no railing around her and in this area,you see railings all around, but if she was up on the table, you would not see any.
One of the big clues of where this is filmed is the arched windows in the background. There are I believe 3 sections of this building where there are arched windows which are all parallel to each other. It will take some good CSI work to figure it out.

I was trying to watch the video and look at your amazing pic but it was really hard to see exactly where she was. The layout of this building is freaking complex as hell; we would need one master architect to figure this out for us!
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UNOIo4rolC4" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

EDIT: I think she is in the area of your shot at 0:55

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 01-03-2012 at 12:31 AM..
Old 01-03-2012, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
I was trying to watch the video and look at your amazing pic but it was really hard to see exactly where she was. The layout of this building is freaking complex as hell; we would need one master architect to figure this out for us!<IFRAME height=315 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UNOIo4rolC4" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>
Time to start putting that engineering mind to work.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Time to start putting that engineering mind to work.

This is a close up of scruffy's shot ... she is on the first set of small stairs.
As for her standing on the table at 1:10, I think its impossible to tell unless you try to match the shot and see if they compare. One shot is a downward angle, and the other an upward angle and we have no upward shots to compare it to.

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 01-03-2012 at 12:47 AM..
Old 01-03-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post

This is a close up of scruffy's shot ... she is on the first set of small stairs.

At 0:55 - Yes. I agree. They put the board over the railing opening but did not fix the broken railing next to it.

Quote:
As for her standing on the table at 1:10, I think its impossible to tell unless you try to match the shot and see if they compare. One shot is a downward angle, and the other an upward angle and we have no upward shots to compare it to.
Build one in your mind.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Mr. Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Build one in your mind.
Im not smart enough to that
Come to think of it, even if it was filmed on that table would she really need what seems to be a 6 foot ladder to get up there? The table seems to only be about 3 feet high .. couldn't someone just give a her a boost/lift if she wasn't able to do it herself?

Old 01-03-2012, 06:41 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the pictures, Dave!
Have fun exploring Alizéeland.

Stephen
Old 01-03-2012, 01:28 PM

From looking at this ladder, it just looks too new to have been used by Alizee back in 2003. Still this table is about 4 foot high. If she did climb up on this table, she probably would have used something to climb up there, because it looked to nasty to climb up there with out getting her outfit messed up. My main question is, was she up there during part of the video? When I was there the table was covered in dust. In the picture from the video, the center part of the table looks dark like it was wet. It could have been wet for 2 reasons. If she did get up there, they may have wet it down to keep down the dust, or what I think is more likely, this was before the rehab and the roof was probably leaking onto this table.

But once again, what I'm trying to do here is to figure out where each scene was filmed from. One of the big clues in this is the arched windows in the back ground. I posted a picture of the top of the buildiing. There are a total of 8 arched sections. In the picture I posted of the building, the section I refered to as front was the side facing the road with the pond in front of it. Then I referred to the building arches with the first letter being which side of the building the arch was on, then whether it was front or rear. The back side got kind of complicated because there were two more arches than the front, so I referred to the center 3 as MR1, 2 and 3.

The big difference being between the front and the back arches is as you can see from older picture I posted, the front arches are wider than the back. I also believe some of the back arches are boarded up.
So I think we can figure out exactly where she was in that one scene I mentioned.

As I mentioned before, one of the main aims of this was to help out anyone who might be lucky enough to visit this building in the future. So I posted a picture which makes reference to the sides of the building and refers to them as front, right side, left, back with of course the side facing the road being the front. I also labeled the 2 spiral stair cases on the front, as LSSC and RSSC with R meaning the one on the right side, this being the one she walked up before entering the door on that side.
The right side is also where the plaque is next to the spiral stair case.

There is also one other section of the building which I referred to as the FUW or front upper wing for lack of a better engineering term. I believe this will help show where another part of the video was filmed.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-03-2012 at 01:39 PM..