Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-06-2008, 11:25 AM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
If you like the idea of a movie universe woven together like a comic book company universe, then you're gonna be in heaven through at least 2012-2013 or thereabouts.

The Iron Man movie introduced Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D.. Tony Stark (as played by Robert Downey Jr.) makes a cameo in the upcoming Incredible Hulk movie. Marvel Studios has Thor, Captain America and an Iron Man sequel on the slate from 2009 through 2011, all happening within the same movie universe. Then, in 2012-2013, THE AVENGERS movie should be released, featuring the principal characters AND actors from all of these movies and possibly a couple more, if the story can accommodate them in an appropriate and sensible way.
you forgot to mention the most important one of them all:

TRANSFORMERS 2

this will be quite possibly one of the greatest movies of all time
Old 06-06-2008, 01:54 PM

alizee lover is on a distinguished road

It should be better since he finally fights someone his own size
Old 06-06-2008, 04:22 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

The Cap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
you forgot to mention the most important one of them all:

TRANSFORMERS 2

this will be quite possibly one of the greatest movies of all time
The Transformers are not part of the Marvel comics universe. The movies I listed are the first films from Marvel Studios that are produced completely under their own control, without studio interference, form a creative perspective.

As to what Transformers 2 will be ... if it's a million times better then the first movie, it will still be a steaming pile of horse dung.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:56 PM

tbailey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The Transformers are not part of the Marvel comics universe. The movies I listed are the first films from Marvel Studios that are produced completely under their own control, without studio interference, form a creative perspective.

As to what Transformers 2 will be ... if it's a million times better then the first movie, it will still be a steaming pile of horse dung.
oops - my bad
i guess i don't know too much about this subject

ouch - did you think Transformers was that bad?
i thought it was a stupid but really fun movie to watch
but people tell me i have pretty bad taste when it comes to movies
Old 06-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Schwazzy, baby !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey View Post
oops - my bad
i guess i don't know too much about this subject

ouch - did you think Transformers was that bad?
i thought it was a stupid but really fun movie to watch
but people tell me i have pretty bad taste when it comes to movies
As to the first Transformers movie : I generally like Spielberg's work, either producing or directing. The idea of giant, highly detailed, transforming mecha in a live-action film had me "getting my geek on". The humor - when it was intentional, that is - wasn't too bad.

But the performances were horrid. Shia LaBouf or whatever the heck his name is ... this kid should have been smothered at birth, or at least encouraged to take up something less offensive than inflicting his no-talent acting on an unsuspecting public. He's just got nothing going for him - one or two facial expressions, maybe three emotions, and the squeaky voice like chalk on a blackboard ... he just shows up in a movie and flails about like some sort of squeaky, flailing thing. It doesn't help that every time I see him, I think to myself that somewhere, a boy-band is missing it's resident castrati.

What really got me upset was the effects. The pre-release still images looked awesome, vast detail and complexity in the CGI models, magnificent art. But the director must have given the animators a challenge : see how many trillions of pixels you can push across the screen in as little time as possible. What should have been eye-popping images were just dirty, fuzzy grey and black blurs - everything moved so fast that there was no time to appreciate what I was seeing. In the end, the movie was just annoyance after annoyance, zipping by my eyes at warp speed, with no time to identify or even think about what was being rammed into my eye-holes.

Now, the new Hulk movie looks extremely promising, much better than that Ang Lee nightmare from a couple years back. Edward Norton is something of an actor's actor - the guy's got substance, and from what I've heard, he brings his "A"-game to this one. If Marvel Studios can keep up a consistent quality pace for the next few films, like they've done in spades with Iron Man ... freakin' WOW. It's gonna be a kick*ss few years coming for these new movies and Marvel, in general, if they stay on track.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As to the first Transformers movie : I generally like Spielberg's work, either producing or directing. The idea of giant, highly detailed, transforming mecha in a live-action film had me "getting my geek on". The humor - when it was intentional, that is - wasn't too bad.

But the performances were horrid. Shia LaBouf or whatever the heck his name is ... this kid should have been smothered at birth, or at least encouraged to take up something less offensive than inflicting his no-talent acting on an unsuspecting public. He's just got nothing going for him - one or two facial expressions, maybe three emotions, and the squeaky voice like chalk on a blackboard ... he just shows up in a movie and flails about like some sort of squeaky, flailing thing. It doesn't help that every time I see him, I think to myself that somewhere, a boy-band is missing it's resident castrati.

What really got me upset was the effects. The pre-release still images looked awesome, vast detail and complexity in the CGI models, magnificent art. But the director must have given the animators a challenge : see how many trillions of pixels you can push across the screen in as little time as possible. What should have been eye-popping images were just dirty, fuzzy grey and black blurs - everything moved so fast that there was no time to appreciate what I was seeing. In the end, the movie was just annoyance after annoyance, zipping by my eyes at warp speed, with no time to identify or even think about what was being rammed into my eye-holes.

Now, the new Hulk movie looks extremely promising, much better than that Ang Lee nightmare from a couple years back. Edward Norton is something of an actor's actor - the guy's got substance, and from what I've heard, he brings his "A"-game to this one. If Marvel Studios can keep up a consistent quality pace for the next few films, like they've done in spades with Iron Man ... freakin' WOW. It's gonna be a kick*ss few years coming for these new movies and Marvel, in general, if they stay on track.

I felt the same way about Transformers, it was great, but everything just zipped at sonic speed. However I particularly liked Shia LaBeouf's performance, not because he's a great actor, rather he's funny to look at.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you like the idea of a movie universe woven together like a comic book company universe, then you're gonna be in heaven through at least 2012-2013 or thereabouts.

The Iron Man movie introduced Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D.. Tony Stark (as played by Robert Downey Jr.) makes a cameo in the upcoming Incredible Hulk movie. Marvel Studios has Thor, Captain America and an Iron Man sequel on the slate from 2009 through 2011, all happening within the same movie universe. Then, in 2012-2013, THE AVENGERS movie should be released, featuring the principal characters AND actors from all of these movies and possibly a couple more, if the story can accommodate them in an appropriate and sensible way.
Yesterday they interviewed the director on Attack Of The Show, and he said in the movie you will be able to find Captain Americas shield. Its one of those easter eggs for the fans so to speak. Could this mean a future movie with Hulk and Captain America?

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 06-08-2008, 02:40 AM
Schwazzy, baby !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Yesterday they interviewed the director on Attack Of The Show, and he said in the movie you will be able to find Captain Americas shield. Its one of those easter eggs for the fans so to speak. Could this mean a future movie with Hulk and Captain America?
Yes, as I've already said. Plus Iron Man and Thor, in the same movie. THE AVENGERS, coming to theaters around 2012,
Old 06-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Yes, as I've already said. Plus Iron Man and Thor, in the same movie. THE AVENGERS, coming to theaters around 2012,
yeah I cant wait for the avengers to come out!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 06-13-2008, 08:32 AM

painbringer is on a distinguished road

hulk part 1
<object width="400" height="195"><param name="movie" value="http://media.imeem.com/v/hxNgY4YxYr/aus=false/pv=2"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://media.imeem.com/v/hxNgY4YxYr/aus=false/pv=2" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="195" allowFullScreen="true"></embed><a href="http://www.imeem.com/people/D7OW-Fp/video/N6-gshSh/green_slime_1_comedy_video/">green slime 1 - </a></object>

part 2
ght="195"><param name="movie" value="http://media.imeem.com/v/-3a377j4Di/aus=false/pv=2"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://media.imeem.com/v/-3a377j4Di/aus=false/pv=2" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="195" allowFullScreen="true"></embed><a href="http://www.imeem.com/people/D7OW-Fp/video/0nnJyoCc/green_slime_2_comedy_video/">green slime 2 - </a></object>

part 3
<object width="400" height="195"><param name="movie" value="http://media.imeem.com/v/Rs_CqvH0rs/aus=false/pv=2"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://media.imeem.com/v/Rs_CqvH0rs/aus=false/pv=2" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="195" allowFullScreen="true"></embed><a href="http://www.imeem.com/people/D7OW-Fp/video/g4WH4nCq/green_slime_3_comedy_video/">green slime 3 - </a></object>

part 4
<object width="400" height="195"><param name="movie" value="http://media.imeem.com/v/8SrHSA5MAx/aus=false/pv=2"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://media.imeem.com/v/8SrHSA5MAx/aus=false/pv=2" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="400" height="195" allowFullScreen="true"></embed><a href="http://www.imeem.com/people/D7OW-Fp/video/h1SAySqI/green_slime_4_comedy_video/">green slime 4 - </a></object>

pretty good movie