Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 06-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

I have a Casio WK-3000 keyboard, nothing special. A Tama Swingstar drum kit, nothing special either. It has a Tama Artwood snare though, I like that part of it. Then I have a Fender Jazz Bass.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
I have a Casio WK-3000 keyboard, nothing special. A Tama Swingstar drum kit, nothing special either. It has a Tama Artwood snare though, I like that part of it. Then I have a Fender Jazz Bass.
Tama Artwood snare, yeah i've loved those forever, I might try to find one later on just to add it as a piece.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:04 AM
Producer/Engineer

neoific is on a distinguished road

Here are my critiques as a picky project-studio owner:
  • At 00:00:58:00 where the second synth comes in, try to do it in a split keyboard next time. It is pretty obviously off, and it'd be easier to just do a split keyboard and cut yourself in and out before/after that part.
  • The snare is a little too early in a few spots, enough for me to tell someone to do another take
  • The phase issue with your hihat distracts me
  • The snare needs more "pop" from the head, try a SM57 at 7 o'clock on the head, at around 20 degrees on the y axis.
  • Kick drum is lost entirely, move it closer to the head
  • The cymbals could use the mic being closer to the center, underneath. It'll get rid of some of your "live" sounding qualities.
  • 00:06:30:00 the lead synth line, the modulation is a bit heavy. Just ease up a little on it.
  • Toms need more bass
  • It might be fun to use a brush at 00:08:15:00 instead of the water noises, just an idea
  • The electric guitar reminds me of a saxophone

Try some of this stuff on your next recording and it'll sound a whole lot better. You have the skills in playing/arranging, now let's get your recording up to par!

If you want you can call me if you have any questions. My toll-free number is +1.866.850.7557 extension 201. Anyone else can call me at any time too, I'll answer but I might say I'll call you back.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:25 AM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

I loved it.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

In response to Neoific:

I have almost no experience with any of this. I had to record the drums one by one because I have one mic. Recording latency causes the music and metronome to be off so the drums are confusing to record because I am sometimes listening to the music and sometimes the metronome. So yes, they are off sometimes and are way too time consuming to fix, although I do try. The modulation of that lead synth line is just a part of that patch, I couldn't control it, it didn't sound bad to me at the time. I have no idea how to place microphones on any drum and I just grabbed a mic and used it. I will take that advice, especially when I can get some drum mics. And I have zero skill at electric and acoustic guitar and I did what I could to the sound. The distortion in my software (Acid 4.0) sucks, and the guitar was kind of out of tune and I honestly don't like how that part turned out.

I do agree that brushes would have sounded good where you said, the idea to include the water was just the first thing I could come up with.
I'm no professional, I'm 16 years old, and I was in a hurry. My recording device is a little USB external sound card.

I am wondering what the meaning of a split keyboard is. I have never heard that.

Last edited by ImRawdg; 06-26-2008 at 02:44 AM.. Reason: Adding
Old 06-26-2008, 03:01 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg
I'm no professional, I'm 16 years old, and I was in a hurry. My recording device is a little USB external sound card.
And this is all that should be taken into consideration, unless you devote yourself completely to it like Petrucci-Portnoy style, then this is preferably a great job. Now you can only grow from this, sure it was a bit off, but without full analytical studying, hardly any is noticed, and it's all in due process of your musical journey. Hope to see you hit the charts one day if music is your passion, cause I sure as hell wanna be up there in the charts with ya.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Just want to say that I really love this, especially the Par Les Paupieres part. Some of the sounds you use there remind me of the fantastic soundtrack to my namesake video game, Snatcher.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

Well now I want to do a smaller project, I have been playing with the song "Idealiser" and I want to do a piano interpretation of it, with some synths in the background too. I am going to spend a day or so arranging it, but, being the beginner keyboard player I am, I may have to resort to sequencing it. However, with the two projects I've done so far, I have vastly improved my keyboard playing and realized I can create piano lines pretty easily. My computer is no longer in the basement and there are people in the house again, so I can't be doing anything with drums or anything. I have my eye on about $1000 worth of recording equipment in hopes of doing some decent recording, and doing more songs, maybe some originals. But working at a pizza restaurant won't make that money too quick. If I'm lucky, I may be able to get help from my parents but it's doubtful. I may decide against the idea entirely.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:07 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Like I said in the other thread, I like these. I think the audio level was a bit low on this recording. Even though these are two different songs it still works fine putting them together. However, either I have a bad download or there's something wrong with this file which stops suddenly at some point.

Merci Fanny
Old 08-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Lili Addict

Idéaliser is on a distinguished road

Once again this is awesome, good work, though it is a tad bit quiet it seems

and you like that flute huh? XD

Last edited by Idéaliser; 08-25-2008 at 08:16 PM..