Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

It's somewhere in between. Alizée does put on an act. But you can tell a lot about any artist by the choices they make, because there isn't one way to do things. No doubt she's being commercial, but by her own account also trying to portray an element of truth, as all good art should. She wants to believe in her work, or otherwise wouldn't have split from the Farmer gravy train to begin with. So for the most part her choices are selective, not false. Of course flipping the bird wasn't the right thing to do, but an isolated and manipulated paparazzi moment is no better nor worse a judge of character than image. It's all part of the picture, yet all deserving of equal skepticism.

Edit: P.S. I really hope anyone still with any doubts about her act gets to see at least one concert in person, as it will absolutely dispel them!

Last edited by Ben; 06-27-2008 at 03:59 PM..
Old 06-27-2008, 06:11 PM

darth_tiberius is on a distinguished road

Flipping the bird was the right thing to do and the normal thing to do. That or swear endlessly to those that decide to invade your privacy or aggresively take pictures.

I can bet that many of the people here over-sensitive to bad language and obscenity would do the exact same thing. She could of gone over and hit them like some celebrities do but she didn't. Just be glad about that.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:01 AM
Ask me about France.

LeFantôme is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_tiberius View Post
Flipping the bird was the right thing to do and the normal thing to do. That or swear endlessly to those that decide to invade your privacy or aggresively take pictures.
Her gesture may not have been classy, but tant pis. She's human like the rest of us. Would you believe that she farts and even has S-E-X?

I'm still convinced she's down-to-Earth. French people are very *cough* frank.

P.S. In French, you would have to swear endlessly, there aren't any single, very offensive words. Salaud de tête de merde d'une pute sale d'une mère...
Old 06-28-2008, 04:04 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFantôme
Salaud de tête de merde d'une pute sale d'une mère...
(Gasp)
Oh no you didn't
(snaps fingers)
Old 06-28-2008, 04:36 AM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiteio View Post
I'm a man... Why?
Your b*tchyness is quite attractive, too bad you arent a woman
Old 06-28-2008, 04:54 AM
A man in black

Quote:
There's no point trying to change your minds. The same people who think Alizée is the same person on-camera as she is off are so crushingly devoted to her that their imaginations will fill in the blanks in her personality (what some call "reading between the lines" or "connecting the dots" in interviews and such), and basically turn the tabula rasa into whatever they want it to be.

In fact, that's exactly WHY Alizée hides her real self -- if she remains ambiguous enough, she'll please everyone by becoming a blank canvas unto which people can place their fantasies, hopes and dreams, making it impossible to disappoint any fervent admirers as each fan will see in her only what they want to see.

But it won't be the real Alizée. That is something we'll never know. Maybe it's just me speaking from a background of journalism and advertising and knowing how fabricated these things are, and why people project images, why they wear masks...

Alizée might have nothing to hide, but what she says and does in front of the camera will always be warped to suit what she thinks will sell or at the very least, keep her career safe. It's not the real deal. It's an act.

But, it's a fun act, so we get our money's worth.
Well, at least shes not showing her ugly side, we might be tempted to see it, but i wouldn't want to. Why cant she pretend? Does it harm anyone? Besides, its not like you KNOW shes only in it for the money. I would love being famous, why wouldnt she? Heck, i would do it even if i dont get paid for it. One thing you never kept in mind Neiteio, even if she does lie, not all of it is fake. Logic: I'm Alizee and I will share with you what i believe in and what I like. some of it will be fake, but if some of it is true, and its a good thing, why shouldnt i share it with the world? Because the world will find out a fact about me that nearly half the world does or believe in too? Okay, what i typed might have been too hard to comprehend. But your arguements have alot of flaws that are assumptions made with no real thinking behind it. You might be right, she might've lied alot. But I dont see any harm in it (unless she plans on mind controlling everyone in the world, then i'd have to agree with you that she is just greedy and evilly ambitious) as long as we like the music and the smile she puts on, isnt it?

P.S. Your right, some people are just too obsessed with her looks to care for anything else
Old 06-28-2008, 05:01 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

If I was famous, it would be to play music that I love, screw the charts and success, I want to be known for doing something I love. I'm sure this is the whole point of Psychédélices as well.

Screw what Gene Simmons said, I will never be in it for the money, I will be in it just because I want to be in it.

Way offtopic right there, so yeah we all agree she's Alizée, she's great, she's human, and repeated in many different words and versions is the same subject of discussion.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:08 AM
A man in black

Quote:
I'm not sure the Brad Pitt/Britney Spears/Madonna analogy applies, Deepwaters, because it's painfully clear to me that unlike those three that on the whole are unapologetically themselves, Alizée is always playing it safe with every public appearance, giving the most simple and neutral responses to questions and not doing anything particularly out of the ordinary.

In other words, she's projecting a false version of herself, which one cannot possibly extrapolate to be the real deal. It does tell you that she's self-aware and trying to minimize the chances of jeopardizing her career, which in turn tells you she's risk-averse and used to having others control her. But really... That's it. Any personal and idealogical underpinnings are buried deep beneath a PR charade where we'll never see them.

As for recent paparazzi pics... I don't think much of the pics where she carries the stereo, but the flipping-the-bird pic tells us she has a gross lack of self-discipline. There's really no other way to describe it. But then, it doesn't matter. I say, like her for the product she sells and the way that product adds to your life. That's my philosophy.
Pretty straight forward reply
Quote:
There's no point trying to change your minds. The same people who think Alizée is the same person on-camera as she is off are so crushingly devoted to her that their imaginations will fill in the blanks in her personality (what some call "reading between the lines" or "connecting the dots" in interviews and such), and basically turn the tabula rasa into whatever they want it to be.

In fact, that's exactly WHY Alizée hides her real self -- if she remains ambiguous enough, she'll please everyone by becoming a blank canvas unto which people can place their fantasies, hopes and dreams, making it impossible to disappoint any fervent admirers as each fan will see in her only what they want to see.

But it won't be the real Alizée. That is something we'll never know. Maybe it's just me speaking from a background of journalism and advertising and knowing how fabricated these things are, and why people project images, why they wear masks...

Alizée might have nothing to hide, but what she says and does in front of the camera will always be warped to suit what she thinks will sell or at the very least, keep her career safe. It's not the real deal. It's an act.

But, it's a fun act, so we get our money's worth.
Straight forward too....but added with that last message....your saying a "what seems like" a true Alizee is fake, but in the message above this one, your saying some "pretty normal attitude toward someone annoying" is nasty and no self-disciplined? Dude...your a flamer, and your bad at hiding it. Or you might be another papparazzi trying to convince good fans that the "nasty" pictures by the papparazzi's are true.
P.S. I still like your attitude, its just that your arguements are bad and your even badder at hiding your true ambitions
Old 06-28-2008, 08:50 AM

darth_tiberius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFantôme View Post
Her gesture may not have been classy, but tant pis. She's human like the rest of us. Would you believe that she farts and even has S-E-X?

I'm still convinced she's down-to-Earth. French people are very *cough* frank.

P.S. In French, you would have to swear endlessly, there aren't any single, very offensive words. Salaud de tête de merde d'une pute sale d'une mère...
The frankness and the no-bullshit attitude of French women is why I have a sort of a thing for them. Ever since I first went to Paris. And am going back there in a month.

I'm currently stuck in the UK after being born and living most of my life in the US. British women (in my opinion, no offense intended) are totally fake and I'm not attracted to the vast majority one bit!

But what does "Salaud de tête de merde d'une pute sale d'une mère" mean?
Old 06-28-2008, 11:09 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

i have to agree with snatcher. i think neiteio and deep both make good points but their views somewhat border on the extreme ends. one thing that is obvious to me is that it is much easier to see that the new alizee is with less "covering up" than the old, so i would have to say that has more weight.