Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
Sorry, im more of a military man, i focus on objectives, goals, effectiveness and efficiency, and none of it actually seems worth while or efficient enough to do. I do have a life i'm running, I will not spend my entire life or even 20 focusing on trying to change America. Although i do wish to change it, its a heavy loss of my time i'm not willing to accept, and i hang my head in shame because of this. Im no Gandhi, Im no Martin Luther King and Im not JFK, they arent people i want to be, or will probably ever become. While im a very determined man when it comes to defending something or when my family/friends ask me to, i dont have enough ambition to lay down my life for a certain thing. That may be my weak point, and i know it all too well, besides, Americans dont look like they want anything changed, especially the upper class, so they shall die in thier own filth, i'll leave once i graduate and head for France....leave this place behind and forget it. And dont get me wrong, Obama will probably be trying his best, but even he is not above the law. He can only go as far as the Senate is willing to throw him. (thats why i rather live in a country with a tyrant)

The Patriot/Mel Gibson:Why should i trade One tyrant 3000 miles away for 300 tyrants 1 mile away?

Oh, in your case, then.
Move somewhere else and watch America do whatever (no offense)
Perhaps come join me and Europe.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry, im more of a military man, i focus on objectives, goals, effectiveness and efficiency, and none of it actually seems worth while or efficient enough to do. I do have a life i'm running, I will not spend my entire life or even 20 focusing on trying to change America. Although i do wish to change it, its a heavy loss of my time i'm not willing to accept, and i hang my head in shame because of this. Im no Gandhi, Im no Martin Luther King and Im not JFK, they arent people i want to be, or will probably ever become. While im a very determined man when it comes to defending something or when my family/friends ask me to, i dont have enough ambition to lay down my life for a certain thing. That may be my weak point, and i know it all too well, besides, Americans dont look like they want anything changed, especially the upper class, so they shall die in thier own filth, i'll leave once i graduate and head for France....leave this place behind and forget it. And dont get me wrong, Obama will probably be trying his best, but even he is not above the law. He can only go as far as the Senate is willing to throw him. (thats why i rather live in a country with a tyrant)

The Patriot/Mel Gibson:Why should i trade One tyrant 3000 miles away for 300 tyrants 1 mile away?
Old 07-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Congratulations my friend, you have just won the thread.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Congratulations my friend, you have just won the thread.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:57 AM
Ask me about France.

LeFantôme is on a distinguished road

I'll say this: if the States don't get some changes soon, starting with this upcoming new President, there's gonna be another revolution in America.

How did you know I had a pancake fetish? jk jk :P
Old 07-04-2008, 04:07 AM
Podcastress

ciarac77 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFantôme View Post
It reminds me of the Eddie Izzard joke about learing two languages: "Two languages in one head? No one can live at that speed!"
"But the Dutch speak four languages and smoke marijuana."

Quote:
...And that my friends, is why, in spite of the fact that the U.S. is the most wealthiest and fair lifed country in the world, i hold greater respect for a peace loving and friendly nation like France, Switzerland, Great Britian or even Greece. (they have gone through thousands of years of fighting, yet managed to pull out in one piece and learned to turn to the side of happiness, they deserve more respect than any other country, no matter how powerfull)
I'm not that political or anything and I have no intention of really saying anything further, but the first part of your post (that I didn't include) does raise a lot of questions about the flaws of our society, but to be fair, the U.S. is actually a fairly new country compared to the ones you listed. They've had "thousands of years" to work out the kinks whereas we've only had a couple hundred (and they aren't perfect either, btw). In the grand scheme of things, 200 or so years isn't very long and we're bound as a society to make mistakes until we too work out the kinks...or, you know, totally collapse. Of course, that doesn't bring much solace to us living in a time that seems hopeless, but maybe that adds some perspective.

Back on topic: I don't think I've converted any heathens, btw. But I have talked about Lili enough to some friends that I'm not really allowed to anymore...
Old 07-04-2008, 04:16 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Most of my friends know that I love Alizee and Mylene Farmer. They think they're both really pretty, but don't really like their music. They're not big on pop. Lately I've been showing my mom some Mylene videos, but she likes Alizee better, she thinks Mylene's voice is too high. I also made her a slideshow of some pictures of me and my brother and his family (his wife and kids) with the translated lyrics to L'effet, and played the song. She cried, haha. Again, she doesn't really like pop though, she thinks its monotonous. I always try and share my love of both Alizee and Mylene with my friends, but none yet really love them.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:43 PM

Key is on a distinguished road

I've tried so many times to get my friends to listen to alizee!! But they all did german in school so it's no use
But when I become a french teacher I'm gonna have special classes on how amazing she is
Old 07-10-2008, 07:22 PM
De Fan

jdfeeley is on a distinguished road

I'm going to show my friend some of Alizee's music tonight. I'm pretty hyped.

Old 07-14-2008, 09:08 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfeeley View Post
i'm going to show my friend some of alizee's music tonight. I'm pretty hyped.

rightious!!!!