Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-10-2008, 05:04 PM

RadioactiveMan is on a distinguished road

We'll tolerate no blasphemy, Raptor Ace.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:25 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
*Cough* Whats wrong with you guys? jk
Every women looks sexier in heels! I mean sure its cute when she wears nike air force ones and she does look cool, but like i said before all women look sexier in heels and Alizee is no exception
Speak for yourself Ace. I didn't say sneakers were cute or cool. I said they were sexy. Heels are overrated. Now, I'll grant you that a lot of guys think like you. So I don't mind if women wear heels to look sexy for all those Ace-like men out there. And I guess there is some consolation in the score potential if you're good at giving foot massages when the heels begin to bite. But for me, it's "put on your Nikes, ditch the makeup, put on something comfortable...let's go party"...that's sexy.

To each his own....
Old 08-10-2008, 11:31 PM
euuuhhhhh

Fish is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Speak for yourself Ace. I didn't say sneakers were cute or cool. I said they were sexy. Heels are overrated. Now, I'll grant you that a lot of guys think like you. So I don't mind if women wear heels to look sexy for all those Ace-like men out there. And I guess there is some consolation in the score potential if you're good at giving foot massages when the heels begin to bite. But for me, it's "put on your Nikes, ditch the makeup, put on something comfortable...let's go party"...that's sexy.

To each his own....
For me, it goes like this:

Natural is sexy.
Heels are unnatural.

She seems very comfortable and confident in sneakers, it comes across as so much more than merely visual.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:17 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Natural is sexy.
Ah, and what can be more natural than a refreshing Mediterranean trade wind kissing you in the face.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:42 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

I think she should wear what she likes. You can dance in heels just as well as you can dance in sneakers....and she doesn't even dance in this tour. She's going to look good no matter what, I don't think she should be forced to wear something she doesn't really want to wear.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Hehe wow you guys are different, whats next you guys saying you hate it when she wears skirts and sexy dresses? Its all good though your entitled to your opinion, but I know for a fact I'm not the minority in this situation.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 08-11-2008, 01:41 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
I think she should wear what she likes. You can dance in heels just as well as you can dance in sneakers
Maybe if you normally wear heels, so that sneakers feel weird . . . having tried to dance in high heels before, however, from personal experience I disagree, although being a guy I don't wear such footwear on a regular basis -- so maybe it just takes practice.

LOTS of practice, I'm guessing.

Certainly there's a reason why ballet slippers do not have high heels, though.

Quote:
...and she doesn't even dance in this tour.
Depends on what you mean by "dance." She seemed a bit stiff in Moscow, but moved a lot and very comfortably in Mexico. The change in footwear was only part of the reason, but I'm sure it helped.

Quote:
She's going to look good no matter what, I don't think she should be forced to wear something she doesn't really want to wear.
It's not a question of how she looks, but of how her personality comes across. While some of that is facial expression, voice, and telepathy, a lot of it for her is movement. She's a very kinetic and physical sort of person on stage. Anything that impedes her motion is therefore not a good idea.

From Moscow to Mexico City was night and day. She seemed tentative in Moscow, not fully confident, and that wall between herself and the audience that was there in her first comeback performances was still there. In Mexico, it was down -- she was her old self again, only better. I don't think the shoes were the most important part of what made the difference. But every little bit helps. Being able to move freely was a little something that helped.

It's also not a question of forcing her to do something she doesn't want to. She's a professional -- she's committed to doing what works in a performance, and to continually improving. I can relate that to my own art, which (I hope) is improving all the time. I don't mind constructive criticism; I thrive on it. Surely she does, too.

Personally, I'm with OGRE on this, but that's sort of irrelevant. High heels give a woman a certain look; they force the calf muscle to flex and the toes to point; they increase apparent height. (Which may have been partly why they appealed to our lovely Corsican shrimp. ) Because they're something only a woman wears in our culture, they convey an artificial femininity. For me, they have little appeal, for personal reasons I don't really feel like going into.

But as I said, that's irrelevant; a performance on stage is not a fancy-dress ball or cocktail party -- it's a specialized professional environment. One's on-stage costume is not necessarily what one would wear around town, and how one can perform wearing something is at least as important as what it looks like.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 08-11-2008, 01:58 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Shes done a lot more in heels before and had no problem, whats the difference now? Moscow was her first concert, I'm sure she was extremely nervous. I really doubt it was the shoes that made the difference between Moscow and Mexico. And by dance, I mean there is no choreography. Sure, she walks around the stage, and dances in place a bit, but if its that difficult to do in heels, I wonder how she'd manage to walk in them. Really, I think people are putting too much focus on things that aren't important, instead of things that need more work.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:03 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Shes done a lot more in heels before and had no problem, whats the difference now? Moscow was her first concert, I'm sure she was extremely nervous. I really doubt it was the shoes that made the difference between Moscow and Mexico. And by dance, I mean there is no choreography. Sure, she walks around the stage, and dances in place a bit, but if its that difficult to do in heels, I wonder how she'd manage to walk in them. Really, I think people are putting too much focus on things that aren't important, instead of things that need more work.
^agreed bro!
Plus she was wearing heels while dancing in J'en Ai Marreand she did that just perfectly correct? (Rhetorical question)

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 08-11-2008, 02:03 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yeah, like she needs to wear more bracelets when she performs, that's such an important matter that needs discussing.

I'm kidding, please don't kill me?

(Feel free if you do wish to kill me though, you will find I am quite intangible)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRA
^agreed bro!
Oh, she's going to kill you now.