Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-29-2008, 12:21 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road

Very nice post, tomtentp!
Old 11-29-2008, 01:54 PM

BlackAdder is on a distinguished road

Tomtentp, your analysis is extraordinary. Your combination of visual depiction with emotional narrative shows what it is that Alizee really does to all of us. Excellent work.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:06 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Sweet post, T, your picture choices were spot-on .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
Ok.
That's all I can think of for now. If you got any injections or something you want to add... Safety off, fire at will...
If I may, I'd like to add the following to your beautiful analysis:

Foreign Appeal:

I don't know if it is necessarily a personality trait as most of the ones T posted, but I think it certainly plays a large role in what we shall dub the "A - Factor": namely, the phenomenon that draws diverse people from from around the world to the little goddess from Corsica. There's something strangely alluring about Alizée's not being American, Swedish, Mexican, or whatever the case may be that gives her a distant, almost mysterious, quality. Her singing in a strange foreign language, vastly more beautiful than one's own (IMHO) only adds to the effect. As much as I hate to deface the walls of this forum with her name, Britney Spears must seem vastly more appealing to those in foreign countries simply because she is cultures and languages away. Could this perhaps be why France has all but abandoned our girl? Because a native flower, despite its beauty, seems commonplace when compared to exotic varieties from afar ?
Old 11-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post

Foreign Appeal:

I don't know if it is necessarily a personality trait as most of the ones T posted, but I think it certainly plays a large role in what we shall dub the "A - Factor": namely, the phenomenon that draws diverse people from from around the world to the little goddess from Corsica. There's something strangely alluring about Alizée's not being American, Swedish, Mexican, or whatever the case may be that gives her a distant, almost mysterious, quality. Her singing in a strange foreign language, vastly more beautiful than one's own (IMHO) only adds to the effect. As much as I hate to deface the walls of this forum with her name, Britney Spears must seem vastly more appealing to those in foreign countries simply because she is cultures and languages away. Could this perhaps be why France has all but abandoned our girl? Because a native flower, despite its beauty, seems commonplace when compared to exotic varieties from afar ?
Right analysis is right.
Nearly everyone loves things foreign.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:08 PM
l´ordre d'Alizée

Tiwaz is on a distinguished road

i didnt manget to read the whole post of youurs tomten cos im drunk as funk but u are the män tomten sweet alizeee dreams DDD

<3
Old 11-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
i didnt manget to read the whole post of youurs tomten cos im drunk as funk but u are the män tomten sweet alizeee dreams DDD
I think you got it
Old 11-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
^Really, we should add that to the wikipedia article or to this website! Great analysis Tomtentp !

what was her 1st one? Wasn´t it to become a dance teacher?

cutest pic ever!
Well I had the distinct feeling I wouldn't nail that fact, was way too tierd to check it out

Took me like 4 hours to write, drift away in Alizée philosophy and shift through hundreds of pictures to find the right ones. It was all pure pleasure however, just as anything that has to do with Alizée

Would sure be nice to see it up in some wiki or something but then it would need to be revised and perfected on many notations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Not only is that flurry of pictures helpful to the analyses, but it totally skewered my heart. Thanks TP, for once I felt like I couldn't be hurt, and there you go, overloading my resistance capacity.
I hope you will be able to recover soon, you have too much unfinished Alizée bussniss to take care of before you can rest in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post

Foreign Appeal:

Haha lol! I had a "Mysterious:" section in the list aswell, but I didn't find the right words and it feelt wierd and out of place. You nailed it down however.

And you'r right, it's not really a 'Quality' she possess, but it sure afflict the appeal-factor and therefore also counts as a "reason".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
Thanks, I think

And thanks for all the positive response!

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!