Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-10-2009, 10:15 AM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Could you also confirm whether ALL the footage from the En Concert performance was in fact filmed on that single day - 17 Jan 2004 ? (Excluding the special features, of course).
All evidence to the contrary . If you look closely, her hair, her actions, the guitarists' actions, and other things are not at all consistent throughout the En Concert DVD. The video compiles bits and pieces from various performances in the tour with audio from one (I think?) performance.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Lilly's Musketeer

D'Artagnan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
All evidence to the contrary . If you look closely, her hair, her actions, the guitarists' actions, and other things are not at all consistent throughout the En Concert DVD. The video compiles bits and pieces from various performances in the tour with audio from one (I think?) performance.
Aah, a very interesting debate. Somewhat off topic though (considering this thread is about the marriage). I would however love to get to the bottom of this - but I guess only someone who actually was at the concert on 17 Jan, would be able to clarify things for us. I have indeed scrutinised the footage quite a bit and would dare to say that her hair does seem quite consistent throughout (considering that every time she runs off the stage for a costume change, the hair-and-make-up crew most probably also grabs hold of her and makes some alterations). The concistency of the musicians' and background vocalists' costumes, as well as the stage layout & décor etc. would also indicate that we are looking at one performance. Everytime she emerges with a new costume, you can always clearly see her leaving the stage slightly before the end of the previous song. To co-ordinate that with combined footage from various shows would be very difficult. Stuff thrown onto the stage (i.e. the American flag) can also be seen on several performances. The clincher for me though is the ring.... You can see it in every single performance - which means they can be from no other show, than the one on 17 Jan 2004. Also look out for the bracelet with pink motive (I think it's a butterfly), which you can see on her right wrist on each performance as well.

Last edited by D'Artagnan; 04-13-2009 at 06:01 AM..
Old 04-13-2009, 01:13 PM
The Snowboarder

SimonH is on a distinguished road

most of the time live videos r from one spot. I think it was shot all ine one day
Old 04-13-2009, 10:39 PM

Lerxst is on a distinguished road

If you want proof the En Concert footage was shot on multiple nights, watch the guitarist. You'll notice him playing one guitar and then later, during the same song, he is playing a different guitar.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:39 PM

AceTone is on a distinguished road

Only if she had her hair done during the songs.

In other words, her hair is enough proof.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:47 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

i guess i got here late but what has this got to do with her marriage?
Old 04-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

I guess because of the wedding ring, Karla. The DVD is a compilation of shots from throughout her tour, with an emphasis on dates at the Paris Olympia and Zenith. The most obvious way to see this is the audience: at Olympia there was a barrier between them and the stage, while at Zenith there was none. The reason you see things like her ring in every performance is because the source of footage can literally change from shot to shot. So every song has a bit from Zenith, a bit from Olympia, etc. (the audio is also a mix). Incidentally, this is how all Mylene Farmer DVDs are produced as well. But yes, this is getting off-topic.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

i have a question i might be going crazy but looking at the cover of the psych. album i have at home she is not wearing her weading ring right? If not that just proves it I'm going insane (what else is new right lol)
Old 04-16-2009, 05:56 PM

Alizee Mid-West is on a distinguished road

Well staring at the album that closely to notice that detail might not help your plea for sanity. However not wearing a wedding ring in this case might not prove anything. She might simply be trying to give off the illusion of being single. Makes people want her more.

I'm going to have to go back and re-watch En Concert because it seems like she goes through a lot of outfit changes with very little time. Maybe I'm the one going insane now. LOL
Old 04-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Ur probably right, lol I wasnt watching it closely just looking through the pictures she has on it and i noticed it on one of the pictures, but yeah i think i already have passed hte inastiny stage lol.