Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-24-2009, 12:51 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizeeinternationalfan View Post
Ok all....
Sure wish we had clear videos of the first few songs!
Actually Alizée has talked about being nervous at first and then settling down. It's a very common thing to happen to a person. I wish it didn't happen to her, at least so much that it's apparent, but yes it does. Even watch the 2003 En Concert video. On the first song you can tell in the beginning that she's a bit nervous (would still have so loved to have been there). Also on other occasions I have seen it. It's probably just that. She rarely does this kind of performance and I think she must have just been nervous at first.
And after watching the video that Ben posted:

I see the tears, but she shows no other signs of emotional distress and the performance looks good to me. So, I'm going with the make-up thing too (though yes, I was not there obviously). Seems to me she should have just told the guys to hold on a minute after the first song so she could wipe her face. It looked like she was just moving her hair actually. I wonder if she wasn't quite fully aware how much the tears were covering her face at first because she was concentrating on her performance and hot due to the weather, lights, and nervous energy. That all seems quite plausible to me.

Merci Fanny
Old 04-24-2009, 01:13 AM
forever and ever

chazkimies is on a distinguished road

yeah i can see the tears quite clearly and she wiped her eyes quite a few times. but in some ways i think it's just sweat. i dunno...seeing her crying? it breaks my heart
Old 04-24-2009, 01:23 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Here's a video of Moi ... Lolita where you can hear her voice sounding a little trembly:

It could just be nervous and that she's trying to say a memorized phrase in Spanish which is a foreign language for her.
And then I didn't see anything in her performance that indicated any kind of problem. whatever

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 04-24-2009 at 01:30 AM..
Old 04-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Danced With Alizee...

Alizeeinternationalfan is on a distinguished road
Default That video clip brings me back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Actually Alizée has talked about being nervous at first and then settling down. It's a very common thing to happen to a person. I wish it didn't happen to her, at least so much that it's apparent, but yes it does. Even watch the 2003 En Concert video. On the first song you can tell in the beginning that she's a bit nervous (would still have so loved to have been there). Also on other occasions I have seen it. It's probably just that. She rarely does this kind of performance and I think she must have just been nervous at first.
And after watching the video that Ben posted:

I see the tears, but she shows no other signs of emotional distress and the performance looks good to me. So, I'm going with the make-up thing too (though yes, I was not there obviously). Seems to me she should have just told the guys to hold on a minute after the first song so she could wipe her face. It looked like she was just moving her hair actually. I wonder if she wasn't quite fully aware how much the tears were covering her face at first because she was concentrating on her performance and hot due to the weather, lights, and nervous energy. That all seems quite plausible to me.
Roman: yes, thanks for re-posting this video clip. Clearly, at 1:28 - 1:40, you guys can see what I was talking about. At those moments, I was looking up at her on the big screen and thats where I got my big shock, in seeing the streaming tears. It wasn't just this one song, it was a few of the first ones, and that combined with the nervousness and general lack of "En Concert" playfullness and enthusiasm (and the just terrible, dark, heavy makeup and boyish look--I hate it!--that she is currently using)...it all just came together in a way that made me very sad. I remember being perplexed also that she was turned away from the crowd and facing the band while dancing, that was weird.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:13 PM

Ihsnet is on a distinguished road

well, I can undestand her, a lot of people who can go to the event, are very old, I really think there didnt know her, so is more hard sing for people like that
Old 04-25-2009, 11:12 PM

mal is on a distinguished road

if you google Alizee crying the only page I get is this forum.....

Im sure the Mexican newspapers wouldve picked it up etc. Bloggers etc etc.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:44 PM
2bz

Dark Engine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alizee Mid-West View Post
Considering the number of times she mentioned her child, almost makes you wonder if she's ok. I mean coming at this from a parents point of view.
That would've been my guess after reading the details of her performance. You can definitely see tears in her eyes in this videos. I hope the issue has been dealt with, whatever it is.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:49 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

^ once again I can assure you it was nothing to do with her personal life

Old 04-26-2009, 12:51 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

As for the dancing with her back to the crowd, I can remember during her concerts last summer in Mexico where Alizee did the same thing. She would approach DJ Karve and dance while facing him, so I would think that it's just part of the routine, but it would be a clever time to wipe tears.

Alizee: Wowww!

Last edited by rcs; 04-26-2009 at 12:59 AM..
Old 04-26-2009, 03:21 AM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

I don't think she was crying at all, if anything maybe she rubbed make-up in her eye and it started to irritate and water up.

Maybe some of it could be perspiration as well, as a person who does plays on stage those stage lights get hot and you sweat, make-up can smear and getting it in your eye can suck (yes, guys wear make-up too on stage, we apply base on our face so the stage lights don't bleed out our faces, eye liner to make our eyes more defined or "pop", etc.) and it can be even worse for performers like Alizée, the lights are always on them and with them dancing around and singing its not surprising if she is a little wet. I have been to concerts and watched them on youtube as well and by the end of the set the lead singer is usually soaking wet. Why do you think En Concert had costume changes? rest, towel down, new cloths, could help you from getting overly sweaty on stage.

Also about the crying, I'm sorry but you are not going to get through a few songs in a full cry let alone one. To me her voice sounded great and not like she was covering a cry. She seemed to be giving a great performance. To me I almost bet she rubbed make up in her eye and it was irritating so she rubbed it more, again making it worse and causing her eye to water even more until the point she had to go off stage and deal with it.

Then on the point of nervousness in her voice, again I know before I go on stage I am always a little nervous and it usually wears off once I start. I am always ok with my lines I rehearse and I don't feel nervous delivering those but tonight I had a show and after it I gave a gift to my directors in front of the audience and I said a few things first, my voice and body was pretty shaky because I was just talking and not saying lines I have rehearsed like a song. So I think it was just a little nervousness on her part talking instead of saying or singing something she has done a thousand times, especially so since she was speaking in a language that is not her own.

I could be wrong, but thats just what it looks like to me.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!