Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
So, what do we want to do next, and when? There's next week possible. I think Ruroshen said he'd probably be available after all or if not the 31st?
I was actually waiting to confirm with my sister before I responded, and it looks like I will actually be going to Montreal this weekend after all...so naturally this weekend is a no-go.

Edit: No-go for me, I mean. If anybody else wants to get something going and record it, please don't let me stop you! I'll still be happy to edit a podcast out of it if somebody can record and then send me the Vent file!

The weekend of the 30th/31st is my brother's birthday, but as long as we're done by about 5:30-6:00 pm EST I should be OK for either day. (I don't think that'll give us enough time to do another Thunderdome episode, though...)

As for a topic, maybe it's time to finally let the Metalheads have their say? Or we could always do the hair thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelizee View Post
So gutted to miss this one as I was ACTUALLY THERE ! By the time I had got to grips with the technology and the time difference involved I realised I couldn't make it . A pity as I would have loved to discuss my Moscow experience with you guys. Oh well maybe next time
Gah, now I'm gutted, too! We would have loved to have had you on, Rachelizee. Keep an eye out for the next one and hopefully you can join us then!

BTW, I PM'd Jung about the Vent server issues, and it sounds like some settings might have gotten switched around (not by him) while the server was being maintained. He's put everything back the way it was, so we ought be be A-OK from here on out. (Thanks again, Jung!)
Old 05-11-2009, 06:08 PM

IncliningPizza is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Ruroshen;129494]I was actually waiting to confirm with my sister before I responded, and it looks like I will actually be going to Montreal this weekend after all...so naturally this weekend is a no-go.

Edit: No-go for me, I mean. If anybody else wants to get something going and record it, please don't let me stop you! I'll still be happy to edit a podcast out of it if somebody can record and then send me the Vent file!

The weekend of the 30th/31st is my brother's birthday, but as long as we're done by about 5:30-6:00 pm EST I should be OK for either day. (I don't think that'll give us enough time to do another Thunderdome episode, though...)

As for a topic, maybe it's time to finally let the Metalheads have their say? Or we could always do the hair thing...

QUOTE]

Sounds fine to me. I'm all for having a geek out podcast.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Hahahah like we havent done that lol, yah it would be cool, metal episode . No hair talk lol its to weird a bounch of guys on vent talking about hair lol. Just a bit to aquored.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:40 PM

IncliningPizza is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up I'm Ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srbski-kralj View Post
Hahahah like we havent done that lol, yah it would be cool, metal episode . No hair talk lol its to weird a bounch of guys on vent talking about hair lol. Just a bit to aquored.
Well... regardless a podcast where all of us come together to talk about our favorite things involving Alizée - and the whole metal fanbase thing too would be sweet - should be done.

LOL, Serb. Even if we didn't talk about the many hairstyles of Alizée, we still can't hide our geek-like nature that we are oh so proud of.

See ya guys the next time around.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ooo, reading the latest post at Alizée Nation just reminded me of another topic I wanted to touch on in advance of the fourth album: Edie Sedgwick, and Lili's apparent fascination with her. First Fifty Sixty, and now an entire concept album devoted to her. What do we make of that?

Hell, we could actually just devote an episode to fourth album discussion and speculation, full-stop.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Ooo, reading the latest post at Alizée Nation just reminded me of another topic I wanted to touch on in advance of the fourth album: Edie Sedgwick, and Lili's apparent fascination with her. First Fifty Sixty, and now an entire concept album devoted to her. What do we make of that?

Hell, we could actually just devote an episode to fourth album discussion and speculation, full-stop.
If I remember right, Jean Fauque used to go over to Alizée and Jérémy’s place for dinner back when they were first working on Psychédélices and they would talk late into the night. Jean would tell stories about his experiences and knowledge of the early days of pop music and culture. I would imagine this is where Alizée got introduced to the world of Edie Shedgwick. They must have had some fascinating conversations.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Never ever wanna leave you

Rachelizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
oh yes, that would have been great.
Well, I hope people see these events listed and get help if necessary to get it going. I don't know. Personally installing Ventrilo was very easy. I didn't have to do any troubleshooting.
Yeah it wasn't so much an installation issue in the end but rather the time difference clashed with other plans I had that meant I couldn't make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Gah, now I'm gutted, too! We would have loved to have had you on, Rachelizee. Keep an eye out for the next one and hopefully you can join us then!
Will do ! Fingers crossed.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

Ok, I have a very good excuse for not being at this one. Friday morning, southwest Missouri was hit by a freakin hurricane. This takes global warming to a whole new level. Trees were uprooted, power lines were laying everywhere, so I had no power for a day and no cable all weekend. But I should be at the next one, weather permitting.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDean23 View Post
Ok, I have a very good excuse for not being at this one. Friday morning, southwest Missouri was hit by a freakin hurricane. This takes global warming to a whole new level. Trees were uprooted, power lines were laying everywhere, so I had no power for a day and no cable all weekend. But I should be at the next one, weather permitting.
Well, OK...I guess that's a good enough reason to miss it...

Seriously though, dude, I'm glad everything's OK. Scary, scary stuff!

Apropos of nothing, I've started a social group for the chat parties/podcast, which pretty well just serves the purpose of giving us someplace to figure out what to do next when we're in-between episodes like this. Everybody is welcome to join!