Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-03-2009, 07:46 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default Moscow concert commentary: Saturday May 9, 2009 1pm PST/4pm EST

The one year anniversary (almost) of the concert in Moscow is coming up. Can't believe it's been that long! So, we are going to do a fan commentary of that video. We're switching over to Saturday this time. Hope many can show up.

So, watch the video of it created by Tuvok, make note of any comments you have as well as general thoughts, such as favorite song, outfit, background, or whatever. I have a feeling there won't be as many people showing up for this one because of scheduling and shorter notice, but maybe there will be. Still, it would be good to prepare some comments. Either way, it's Alizée singing and performing her own concert, which as the first of her concert performances since the end of 2003 (Jan '04), we were all quite eager to see at the time. Few people actually made it out to that one. Obviously, the Russian members, but they are few who come to the English forums and maybe are all on Alizee-forum. And RMJ went. Anyway, Tuvok did a pretty nice job of putting together a video for us.
I will point out that there are some songs that were only performed this once at this concert, such as L'Alizé. I'm interested to hear what people think of these "extra" performances.

And Ruroshen or whoever, I know this posting is pretty bland. Please feel free to edit it if you wish (and make it sticky).

By the way, I can say these netcasts are pretty good as they go. Leo Laporte "the tech guy" actually does a bunch of audio netcasts and radio and even he does one called Munchcast where they talk about snacks the whole time (ok, and maybe some other food as well). I haven't listened to that one, but come on. This must be more interesting (certainly if one listens to her music with it).

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 05-03-2009 at 07:55 PM..
Old 05-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Moscow's a good call, especially with it being the 1-year anniversary and all. If you haven't already downloaded the DJ Tuvok video Roman's talking about, you can find a link to it in this thread right here.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, this show includes performances of the reorchestrated versions of L'Alizé and Amélie M'a Dit, as well as a cover of 99 Red Balloons, which were dropped from the Mexico tour later in the year. (The version of JPVA she sings here sounds slightly different from the version on the T@keo bootleg, also.)

(EDIT: Ben also reminds me that Alizée sings Idéaliser in Moscow as well, which was also not included in the setlist for Mexico.)

As far as the date goes... I just got off the phone with my sister, and it now seems unlikely that I'll be going to Montreal for the long weekend after all (which was the main reason for wanting to push the next chat party to this Saturday instead of Sunday two weeks from now, as has usually been the case).

So it's up to you guys: we can either keep the Saturday May 9 date for this, or we can move it out to Sunday May 17 (which will give folks a little more notice and time to prepare). Either way. Totally up to you.

Last edited by Ruroshen; 05-03-2009 at 10:36 PM.. Reason: I am Sparticus.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

I cant be there for this one, I have to work, have fun lol.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:50 PM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

Ok this should be a good one. I think Sunday May 17 would be best cause it give everyone more time to download the video and review it before the podcast. This time I should be able to be there the whole time unlike today. Both days are good for me but Sunday would be best.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Well we still going to do this one guys, I should be able to make it, I have the video and gave it a watch through. We could always see how many people show up and then decide, anyway up to you but I am good to go if your wanting to still start tomorrow. Last final was today, college freshman year is done woot woot, three months to relax and I should have more time to make it to all the events scheduled while summer break last.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!

Last edited by Chommpers; 05-08-2009 at 05:16 PM..
Old 05-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Uh, my personal life just now kind of asploded all over the place. Long story short, I may not be able to make it tomorrow. Will update just as soon as stuff stops asplodin'...
Old 05-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

well Ill be there but crapy Vista wont let me download the files lol. But ill be there for moral suport ahahah
Old 05-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Uh, my personal life just now kind of asploded all over the place. Long story short, I may not be able to make it tomorrow. Will update just as soon as stuff stops asplodin'...
Alright no problem Ruro, just let us know when you can, life happens.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 05-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
Alright no problem Ruro, just let us know when you can, life happens.
Waiting for an update from my brother on the sitch, so I'm still on stand-by. It may just be a tempest in a teapot, so I might still be good for tomorrow, but unfortunately there's not much I can do right now but "hurry up and wait".

Sorry! You'll know as soon as I do!
Old 05-09-2009, 05:13 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

If it makes any difference, tomorrow's out for me. Well, most afternoon's are out because of my work schedule (why I haven't made the last few), but this weekend's extra impossible because I'll be out of town.