Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-22-2009, 01:26 PM
recovering alizée addict

dreamer is on a distinguished road
Default Wolphram Alpha doesn't know Alizée

I just checked out the new 'google killer' Wolphram Alpha. If you're a nerd you have heard about it. It's a new kind of search engine (they call it a computational knowledge engine). Now get this: I doesn't know Alizée. It's useless!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 01:51 PM

Alizee Mid-West is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I just checked out the new 'google killer' Wolphram Alpha. If you're a nerd you have heard about it. It's a new kind of search engine (they call it a computational knowledge engine). Now get this: I doesn't know Alizée. It's useless!!!
I have to agree with you on that Dreamer. Wolfram Alpha doesn't have a clue. I did the same search twice. Once for Alizée and a second time for Alizee just in case there was a mild retardation. Either way it thought I was looking for information on Belize.

Now Belize is a small country and Alizee is a petite woman. Belize has a warm climate, being near the equator, and has a lot of remote beauty. Alizee is a naturally hot beauty. But I have to say that is pretty much where the similarities end.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I just checked out the new 'google killer' Wolphram Alpha. If you're a nerd you have heard about it.
Uh...I claim my fifth amendment right not to incriminate myself.

Quote:
It's a new kind of search engine (they call it a computational knowledge engine). Now get this: I doesn't know Alizée. It's useless!!!
It also doesn't list anywhere in the entry for 42 that it's the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. Nor does it indicate that Earth is "mostly harmless".

There isn't even an entry for 'pan galactic gargle blaster'.

As a precursor to the Guide, I find it extremely lacking. That's all I'm sayin'.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:18 PM

deanej is on a distinguished road

Well, WolframAlpha isn't meant to be used as a search engine; it's supposed to solve problems. The goal is to get to the point where you can ask a question in plain English and have it give the answer. It's not there yet; right now it seems to be just a free version of Wolfram Mathematica.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

I'll say this, it's got an awesome name. Sounds like an Angel/Dollhouse crossover.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:57 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I'll say this, it's got an awesome name. Sounds like an Angel/Dollhouse crossover.
LOL, it took me a couple of seconds there. Nice one, you may note that Joss Whedon was/is involved in both as well as bringing in Eliza Dushku and Amy Acker for the cast.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...