Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Is it wrong to kill bugs?
Yes 4 19.05%
No 17 80.95%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
Edit: my point is I think people should think twice before killing incests.
Well yeah, especially if they're like third cousins twice removed, or something. I guess it varies from state to state, but I think the general rule of thumb is that, if you're not within three branches of each other's family tree, you're good. Otherwise...well, I suppose I don't support outright killing them, but they definitely deserve a good firm talking-to about societal mores, and the dangers of having flipper-kids...

Interesting to see that you're so passionate about the subject, FRA. Do you have a hot great aunt or something we should know about?

(Yes, I know it was a typo. Being a smartass is what I do!)
Old 08-02-2009, 10:14 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

i have the perfect answer for this, but since i cannot use religion to prove my point, even though the first post is filled with religious overtones, i will remain quiet.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
Well yeah, especially if they're like third cousins twice removed, or something. I guess it varies from state to state, but I think the general rule of thumb is that, if you're not within three branches of each other's family tree, you're good. Otherwise...well, I suppose I don't support outright killing them, but they definitely deserve a good firm talking-to about societal mores, and the dangers of having flipper-kids...

Interesting to see that you're so passionate about the subject, FRA. Do you have a hot great aunt or something we should know about?

(Yes, I know it was a typo. Being a smartass is what I do!)
Lol I deserved that, I made that typo twice in this thread............. but no its just that ever since I was a kid have wondered why people think it is ok to kill bugs and I have never seen any sense in it

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 08-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Edit: my point is I think people should think twice before killing incests. I see people who kill flies no where near them just because they can and I feel that is and should be considered morally wrong! Or what about when you see a spider on your window in your house, its not bothering you but instead just chilling on your window and instead of trying to help it out most people just kill it; that is wrong!
see now this here, i agree with! like many/all of us said, we dont' really go out of our way to kill bystanding insects.

but if i wake up with a spider on my face, i'll freak out and kill it.
and ants! my squad leader was at air assault training, and was sleeping outside.
a ant somehow ended up in his pants and, i kid you not when i say it bit him on the head of his dick. now that ant, has to die.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:19 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
a ant somehow ended up in his pants and, i kid you not when i say it bit him on the head of his dick. now that ant, has to die.
it's part of the animal conspiracy

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3LDnQpD_uFQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3LDnQpD_uFQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Old 08-03-2009, 02:28 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Why didn't we think of this sooner? I'm liking the way you're thinking there anyone know when we'll start???
Hopefully soon, i'll be glad to take the position of executioner.
I am of course, joking in all of my usual displeasing attitude. The least this horrid world could do is get rid of a few Disney stars as retribution.

Simple answer:
No it's not okay to kill anything (except a mortal enemy to everything that exists), but death is a part of life's continuum, and no matter what, each of everything will die at a point of coincidence or happening.
So fret not if you kill that insect that is bothering you, because it is beneficial towards you. Of course if you're feeling like wasting a few seconds you could relocate the insect to somewhere you feel it to be more fitting. If it's an intrusion however, you have many choices, the quick reflex is to attempt to end their tiny existence, honor its life (don't hold any rituals lest you are attempting to garner attention from any other tiny existences around you) if you wish, but know that if it had any capability to slay you if you were bothering it, it would take that upon. Aside from intrusions, everything can live in harmony with warfare and destruction, that is of course, mortal nature, in which we all are.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:27 AM
Alizéeist Fanatic

Pjoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wow only 3 people agree with me! I have a lot of reading to do so I can catch up
Edit: my point is I think people should think twice before killing incests. I see people who kill flies no where near them just because they can and I feel that is and should be considered morally wrong! Or what about when you see a spider on your window in your house, its not bothering you but instead just chilling on your window and instead of trying to help it out most people just kill it; that is wrong!
Well, my point would be, killing insect really doesn't matter much, so it's more about how you feel about the thing. If you kill insect cause killing insects causes you pleasure, it's ok, but if you don't enjoy killing insects you just don't, but both parts you do the right thing anyways. It's not subjective which one is right, it's just relative. Damn determinism...
Real moral questions would be when there is other people you have to consider, there, depending on the person, the person either does what's better for "greater good" or what's better for you. And what's better for you only is moral wrong.

And yeah, enjoying doing something is not imo wrong, but doing what you enjoy against "greater good" is morally wrong, just like well, anything else. It just makes you more likely to do morally wrong things.
Gaining pleasure from it actually makes it "morally more acceptable."

Last edited by Pjoo; 08-03-2009 at 04:30 AM..
Old 08-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

well, then how about this?

is it wrong to kill animals?

sorta like killing bugs.. except that we eat them. and once again, lets leave out religion?

Old 08-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Hunting animal when they are in season like deer and birds and stuff like that. I only kill what i can eat, i dont go out and just kill anything that moves and just leave it. i tend to leave them alone unless Im hunting with budies.

edit. I find nothing wrong with killing animal that I intend to eat.

Last edited by Srbski-kralj; 08-05-2009 at 10:29 PM..
Old 08-05-2009, 10:28 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

I find nothing wrong with it