Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 08-11-2009, 02:05 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
yep, I'm still confused, what are we using this for ? I'm sure you guys have something on mind but maybe I missed it ?
I honestly did start this just for fun, to see if I could take CFH's awesome description and make it work visually...but from the responses here and the few PM's I've gotten about it, it's apparent that people want a T-shirt, and maybe some other AAm-themed swag as well (hats, iron-on patches, stickers, etc.). Ben and the staff need to hash out the details before anything is announced, though. We'll let you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Actually, I'd like to rephrase my "advice", above, about converting final art to a vector file-- traditionally, vector is better suited to T-shirts, where more solid colors and solid lines are the norm. And the resizeability of vectors is an advantage. I think the thing LOOKs like it would be a very natural vector file, if it isn't already...
It's not a vector file. I've been working in Photoshop, in very large dimensions similar to what Jung quoted earlier, and shrinking it down into a JPG for easy viewing on the forum. I agree that converting it over to a vector file would be ideal for the resizeability factor, but I know diddly-squat about Illustrator. Once we get the final design locked down, I'll need some help with this.

(Snipping some stuff about sales and production. Chuck, I'll PM you and pick your brain about this, if that's OK?)

Quote:
Which makes me want to say another thing - I personally don't see why we shouldn't have a Canadian Flag in there, BUT (and I'm not TRYING to make Ruroshen work, I'll try to do something like this myself, hopefully...) ..BUT-- if we have Canada, we gotta add Mexico. And Germany, and India, and Austria, and Barrettland...and all the other homelands that make up this forum. AND Corsica, too, while we're at it!
Well, for the initial design, I'd like to keep it simple and iconic...but one of the great things about it is how easy it would be to swap out flag styles. It's entirely possible that we could offer different "insert your flag here" versions at some point without too much trouble.

Quote:
** - In fact, I'd sure love to see what this would look like if Barrett gave it some GIMP treatment! Or anybody else here???
Oh, absolutely. Barring some minor tweaks in colour or placement of the elements, I think I've taken this just about as far as I can. Anyone who wants to build on this or reinterpret it in their own style is more than welcome!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:08 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

^ Technically this is Alizée America, meaning the American flag is prominent. So is the French flag, as this is an American-based site based on a French singer.

I think if someone wants to swap the American flag for a flag of their own country, it would have to be custom ordered from (You)
I don't think mass productions of shirts with the "Mexican Flag" and "German Flag" customizations would technically uphold the name, nor would it be wise, for this site is a great way to unite all nations under Lili's banner, and America's.

But what do I know?
Old 08-11-2009, 02:25 AM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
Maybe get a profile picture of Alizee and put that white thing around the head to imitate the Corsica head...

I think a photo or otherwise some picture of her should go *somewhere*
This may prove to be an unpopular opinion, but I'm more comfortable keeping Lili's likeness out of it, actually. She's well-represented by the "A" and her signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
^ Technically this is Alizée America, meaning the American flag is prominent. So is the French flag, as this is an American-based site based on a French singer.

I think if someone wants to swap the American flag for a flag of their own country, it would have to be custom ordered from (You)
I don't think mass productions of shirts with the "Mexican Flag" and "German Flag" customizations would technically uphold the name, nor would it be wise, for this site is a great way to unite all nations under Lili's banner, and America's. [
Ah, but see, this is how you get people to buy TWO shirts...the initial offering with the American flag, and then later, a custom one with their own flag! It's all about putting asses in the seats, dammit!

Seriously though, if we were to say, use a Print-On-Demand model, I don't think mass-production would be an issue. And while, yes, we're an American fan site, the makeup of the community is really quite international. Why not show that off, too? America will still be well-represented, what with the Liberty torch being the dominant image, and all...

...but this is honestly all pie-in-the-sky at this point, anyway. We'll cross that bridge if and when we come to it.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Half Dog Half Human

FireCanine is on a distinguished road

I thought I'd give the logo design a try: what do you think?
Old 08-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

A lot has happened with the design in the few days I've been gone. I'm glad to see someone come down strongly for reversing the colours if the French flag. I'm also sad to see the Moor's head go, but I completely understand the reasoning. Even when I had the idea of charging the French flag with it, I did have a kinda subconscience pang that it might not strike some people well. That being said I do want to make sure Corsica is represented in the design... Corsicans are very independent-minded and proud of being Corsican in general and I'm certain that Alizée must consider that as part of her identity at least as much as being French. So I'm thinking that some effort should be made to incorporate an outline of Corsica or some other less offensive (but hopefully no less obscure) symbol of Corsica into the design.

I also like the red 'A' for several reasons: 1) It incorporates the MCE 'A' colour in the Psych design; 2) It is still a "fire" colour; and 3) It is reasonably distinct from some distance.

I'm most especially pleased that there is interested in my design concept and that Ruroshen has taken it upon itself to realize that concept and the community has gotten involved in refining it. Makes all fuzzy on the inside
Old 08-11-2009, 07:37 PM

Sitting by the bay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post

Any thoughts/concerns/objections?
NITPICKER ALERT:
FLAG PROTOCOL VIOLATION!
Being the Constitution carrying, red blooded America I am, I have a problem with the order of the flags.

As you well know, whenever the American flag is displayed with another country's, it must always appear to the viewer to be on the left. In other words, if you are the American flag, you will always be on the right of any other flags on display.

And in the case of crossing staffs as in your logo, the America flag staff must always be in front of the other staff. Not that you can really tell in your graphic, just an FYI.

(And yes, I do carry a copy of the Constitution in my wallet )

Last edited by Sitting by the bay; 08-11-2009 at 08:08 PM..
Old 08-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Faded into Gray

^ I guess strange patriotism really does go that far.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
^ I guess strange patriotism really does go that far.
there is nothing wrong with patriotism! though people question mine. apparently you can't be a "real American" if you're skin is yellow.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Faded into Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
there is nothing wrong with patriotism! though people question mine. apparently you can't be a "real American" if you're skin is yellow.
Haven't had a huge chance to be patriotic for any country, I frequently move and think the world overall beats any one country by lightyears.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Haven't had a huge chance to be patriotic for any country, I frequently move and think the world overall beats any one country by lightyears.
well, that's your sense, and that's fine!

but why can't I love America as my own country? It is my country. It's the country that I'd fight and die for. But noooo.. I have yellow skin and smaller eyes, so apparently I'm not actually American.

is that fair?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCanine View Post
I thought I'd give the logo design a try: what do you think?
I like this one a lot better. but without the microphone. but other wise, excellent! id like to suggest maybe incorporating that big fancy "A"?

Last edited by wasabi622; 08-11-2009 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost