Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 07-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Where's your theater located, Wasabi? Cause I think it would make most sense to hit up metro areas like NY or LA first. They have slide-show ads for local businesses before most movies here. I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get one of those.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

the one i work at is showplace 16 in Naperville, Illinois, but the company is Kerasotes.. the only non mid-west state that we're in is California, and New Jersey.

and definetly go for any theater that does it. i was simply suggesting a vessel.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Well I meant that more about cases where they choose not to enforce it. Did your clip include any footage from M6? They've been cracking down lately. I doubt it would hold water if the copyright holder brought it to court, but then Dailymotion can do whatever they want on their site.
No, there was no M6 footage. Actually, no footage at all. It was all stills. However there may have been a few screen caps from M6 footage. It was mostly Alizée’s promo pics, along with a few fan photos. But there was one that I suspect might be a problem. I had the FHM magazine cover photo. Unfortunately, I used the one that someone photoshopped to remove the logo. It’s normally my rule not to use stuff like that, but it must have slipped my mind when I put it in the video.

Anyways, I’m not concerned about any legal action. It’s just the fact that it was removed without giving me an opportunity to respond to the accusation. I see filesharing as the main danger in copyright infringement and I would agree that fan-made videos and video excerpts from concerts and shows only help to promote artists. I surely would not encourage anyone to stop making them or using them to promote their favorite artist.

I can’t tell you how much money I’ve spent on artists that I discovered because this stuff is out there. The fact that I’m here and a fan of Alizée is a perfect example.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:47 PM

BlackAnthem is on a distinguished road

The theater is a good idea. Yeah buying slides before a movie might work. But if the movie is good, who's going to remember an AD they saw?

"Oh the movie was good....BUT THERE WAS THIS AD!!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!!!" I don't see it, sorry.

Last edited by BlackAnthem; 07-11-2009 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-23-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAnthem View Post
The theater is a good idea. Yeah buying slides before a movie might work. But if the movie is good, who's going to remember an AD they saw?

"Oh the movie was good....BUT THERE WAS THIS AD!!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!!!" I don't see it, sorry.
well.. it sorta works like any other ad.
i mean, when you drive on the high way, you see the billboards, but its not like you're gonna arrive at six flags and go "ZOMG! I SAW THE MOST AMAZING BILLBOARD SIGN!"

its... just advertisement.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Traceur

Fyrel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
well.. it sorta works like any other ad.
i mean, when you drive on the high way, you see the billboards, but its not like you're gonna arrive at six flags and go "ZOMG! I SAW THE MOST AMAZING BILLBOARD SIGN!"

its... just advertisement.
Advertisement isn't supposed to make you buy the product just by itself; when was the last time you bought a product purely based on a commercial or billboard you saw? It works with the subconcious; i.e you'll see the most stunning woman you've ever seen on a billboard or on a theater ad () and you see the album in the store or online and you'll go "Hey, might as well check it out". It's very hard to make an advertisement that moves products purely by itself, but if you have an ad and then a product readily available then it works. I don't think advertising would be a huge problem (I know I'd be willing to donate towards one), but the main problem would be making something Alizée oriented purchasable without one actively searching Amazon for it.

Être et durer.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:16 AM

so i saw school of rock today. and jack black gave me an idea.

can't we just post psoters of her? not like those expenseiv legit posters, but just like a peiice of paper with a picture of her and those little ripoffabble thigns that have the url to either here or some of hery outube videos?

i dunno what the lawas are regarding that though.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
so i saw school of rock today. and jack black gave me an idea.

can't we just post psoters of her? not like those expenseiv legit posters, but just like a peiice of paper with a picture of her and those little ripoffabble thigns that have the url to either here or some of hery outube videos?

i dunno what the lawas are regarding that though.
We could, but people wouldn't know who they're looking at. Is she a singer? Actress? Model? Depending on the image, it might not be easy to tell. Another thing, her name is unusual and i've notice people tend to forget it. My family butchers her name when teasing me about how much i like her.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:15 PM
psychedelices Depuis '67

JEP is on a distinguished road

Louisiana Has A French Population, Maybe We Should Put A Push On Getting Her Music Played Here. Vive Les Francaise En Louisiana.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEP View Post
Louisiana Has A French Population, Maybe We Should Put A Push On Getting Her Music Played Here. Vive Les Francaise En Louisiana.
Down in the swamps, there are quite a few french speakers, but i don't know if Alizee's music would resonate with these people. Zydeco and cajun music is popular here, a far far cry from Alizee's brand of pop.