Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

seriously people?? come on! Angelina Jolie had a baby, nothing really changed. Aguilera had a baby, noting changed much. Jessica alba had a baby, not much changed.

point it, we can't blame it all on Annily! I think Alizee still can dance! i mean, she's been dancing a whole lot longer than she's been singing, and you'd think that with all the changes happening in her life, she'd want to stick to something she's familiar and intimate with.

ya know?

something that makes her feel younger, not that she's any old..

Old 09-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

Wasabi, did you just compare Alizee to the three stooges of Tabloid? ;D
Old 09-22-2009, 12:44 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
seriously people?? come on! Angelina Jolie had a baby, nothing really changed. Aguilera had a baby, noting changed much. Jessica alba had a baby, not much changed.

point it, we can't blame it all on Annily! I think Alizee still can dance! i mean, she's been dancing a whole lot longer than she's been singing, and you'd think that with all the changes happening in her life, she'd want to stick to something she's familiar and intimate with.

ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
Wasabi, did you just compare Alizee to the three stooges of Tabloid? ;D
Tabloid or not, he's got a point.
Those girls have been butchered and hounded worlds beyond Alizée and are still themselves after babies.

That's more than enough reason to ask Alizée to just jump a bit more.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post

ya know?

maybe she just plain well doesn't want to dance that much anymore!

are you seriously going against Alizée? She could blame it on some bad shell-fish, I'm not going to get mad at her because she isn't doing something she doesn't want to. She's not controlled by Myléne anymore, so anything she does now is under her own free will with her own reasons.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Tabloid or not, he's got a point.
Those girls have been butchered and hounded worlds beyond Alizée and are still themselves after babies.

That's more than enough reason to ask Alizée to just jump a bit more.
Sorry brotha (yes I'm a "Desmond from Lost" fan), but I respectfully disagree: Jolie went through her Psycho blood wearing, girl schmoozing, neekid Gia movie sell out phase to "make it", Aguilera went through a rainbow of ho-ness as well as selling her kid's mug to the highest paying tabloid (thus pimpin' her kid) to "make it" and Jessica alba has bared it, jiggled it and flaunted it for her success as well... EXACTLY what Alizee DOESN'T do and why I'm a fan. I don't care if that costs her a degree of "greatness" thats associated with the definition of success. She has a family life, a balanced schedule and is doing the music she wants to do. My only wish is that her touring can reach the spectacle that it once had in "En Concert"... Brotha!

sort of on topic, I found this translated interview a very nice insight into the mind of this petite power house.

http://mf-international.com/viewtopi...f33bce97b54a54

specificaly:
"The thorny question of Mylène Farmer and the rumor saying that things ended badly between them was quickly answered: "There is no mystery, nor dispute. I'm very proud of what I did with her. Simply put, I was in the fire since I was 15, and I was 19 at the time. I was like a teenager in front of her parents. It was necessary: I had to leave the nest." She didn't fall from it. The wind of love rushed in just in time: Alizée, who had been noticed by Mylène Farmer during her appearance as a candidate on the TV show Graines de Star on M6, met Jérémy Chatelain, Star Academy contestant on TF1. The two reality TV kids fell in love, got married in Las Vegas and had a child, Annily, now two and a half years old. When we see them (rarely) together, it's hard not to see an obvious resemblance in their physiques. Their constitution is almost identical: small build, stylish hair, matchstick-like figures. You'd think they came from the same teenage country or rather from the same manga studio: sportswear and strass, tennis shoes and structured hairstyles. Same impression upon seeing a big black velvet spider on Alizée's shoulder this Halloween.

Together, above all, Jérémy and Alizée are working. "On a real blank piece of paper, I wrote some names: Oxmo Puccino, Daniel Darc, Bertrand Burgalat, Jean Fauque [Ed. note: Bashung's songwriter]. I knocked on their door, and everyone said yes." The album was conceived in a craftsman-like way, and when she felt she had obtained a final object lyrically, musically, and psychologically, when the last step was the technical mastering, she sent it to record labels. "We sent it to a lot of people. I didn't want an answer wrapped in the usual machineries. I was waiting for a human's OK. It was Marc Hernandez from RCA who gave it to me." The first single from Psychédélices is Mademoiselle Juliette, a strange mix of hippie techno and minirock à la Bjork. She's in the middle of shooting the music video, worried about doing anything "that could date it too much". The reflection is amazing on such a young face. But Alizée's youthfulness has precisely something beautiful as well as frightful, radiant as well as somber. Alizée still has in the corner of her smile the anxiety of a young woman who has experienced the best and nevertheless remains prepared for the worst. Her featherweight is deceiving: her entire being expresses a temperament of an armored young bull.

She lives in the Opera district, doesn't like nightclubs, loves Tim Burton and Prison Break, has followed all of Harry Potter's adventures as well as the heroes of Six Feet Under. She can't resist the latest digital gadgets and knows perfectly how to list the correct inventory of qualities and defects respectively in the universe of Macs and PCs thanks to her father, a computer programmer who taught her everything about the mouse. She declares herself to be very Corsican, votes there out of duty, claims no conviction or engagement and confesses candidly to the Libération: "I learned very late what the right and left were." She plays real golf, but also the simulated kind on her Wii console. She's confesses to have always been a devout Madonna fan, loves fashion, admires Karl Lagerfeld and Marc Jacobs, but judges the Hermès house "the best of all."

"For a long time I let myself be carried, and I did well. Now, I'm another person, even though I no doubt have yet to finish growing up: this youthfulness doesn't bother me." Already thinking about the next album, she starts to worry: "I can't say enough about these eleven titles that make up Psychédélices. It will be difficult, in the future, for an album to resemble me so much." Yes, but for the next one, dear Alizée, it's no doubt the one that you will become that, having grown up, matured, aged, will not resemble you."

Last edited by wildfire; 09-22-2009 at 01:24 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-22-2009, 01:27 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Sorry brotha (yes I'm a "Desmond from Lost" fan), but I respectfully disagree: Jolie went through her Psycho blood wearing, girl schmoozing, neekid Gia movie sell out phase to "make it", Aguilera went through a rainbow of ho-ness as well as selling her kid's mug to the highest paying tabloid (thus pimpin' her kid) to "make it" and Jessica alba has bared it, jiggled it and flaunted it for her success as well... EXACTLY what Alizee DOESN'T do and why I'm a fan. I don't care if that costs her a degree of "greatness" thats associated with the definition of success. She has a family life, a balanced schedule and is doing the music she wants to do. My only wish is that her touring can reach the spectacle that it once had in "En Concert"... Brotha!
Your points are well taken and I have stated similar posts, however the reason Enconcert was so magical is because Alizee was 3 dimensional, charismatic and full of energy, expensive light and prop, dancers and high energy. On some level Alizee will have to match it to be comercially successful. The quality of her new album will also have to be up to the task. There are many unknowns at this point, but I believe it is possible without Alizee selling out, but it is a tall order to match Enconcert quality regardless what she does or doesn't do. I'm with you and have stated myself that I would rather see her disappear from the music scene than compromise her integrity or lose her perceived balanced life.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:28 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:

sort of on topic, I found this translated interview a very nice insight into the mind of this petite power house.
And with this statement you can indeed state that you want a decent concert filled with nice theatrics, great energy, and an overall environment similar to a political rally without the bullshit.
THAT'S what i'm trying to hint at, it's the key point in any REAL artist's career.

That's all she needs, well, that and doing more concerts anyway, and promotions.
She needs to just "appear", from observations here with you people I can attest that a simple 5 seconds of a day in her life will get you talking for quite a bit.
So it shouldn't be hard for her to film a chibi video of her saying "hi and new album coming up" and send it to you fans for a little bit of a momentum builder eh?
Old 09-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
maybe she just plain well doesn't want to dance that much anymore!

are you seriously going against Alizée? She could blame it on some bad shell-fish, I'm not going to get mad at her because she isn't doing something she doesn't want to. She's not controlled by Myléne anymore, so anything she does now is under her own free will with her own reasons.
son, those are fighting words. i suggest you take them back.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I'm too tired to read all seven pages....

The reason she doesn't dance all that much anymore is her health, she has spinal problems (I don't remember specifically, scoliosis or arched back or something) which prevent her from doing back-flips through flaming hoops like she used to.
Has she ever actually said she has back problems? If so, source please.

And BTW, what the hell is wrong with you people who are saying Par Les Paupières is her best song? It doesn't come even close to anything from Gourmandises or MCE; much like the rest of the songs from her new album. Seriously, get your ears cleaned out.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:55 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Whoa, whoa, back off a minute folks. I feel it's important to put this resurrected thread in the context of when it was first started.

When Alizée first started performing again with her new songs, her live performances DID suck. She lacked visible confidence, and it was as if a wall existed between herself and the audience. The nadir of this was the Moscow concert.

After that, though, things changed. It was as if a switch were thrown. She connected with the audience again. She had energy and confidence and poise. I saw it the first time she did a TV performance after Moscow although I've forgotten the exact occasion. The Mexico concerts maybe could have been better planned and coordinated and weren't quite the marvels of choreography and timing that the MCE tour was, but they were far from bad.

The OP started this thread after this change in her performance quality but without any knowledge of it. All he had seen was the early stuff up through the Moscow concert. At one point he asked that the thread be closed because he had started it in ignorance.

Some constructive criticism might still be offered, but Alizée's live performances are much better now than they were when she first came back, and panning them is not, I feel, warranted.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716