Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Century old child!

wildfire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
really? the only time I've seen that look was during the "L'alizé" video when she does those stares of death that drive me nuts each time.
No, I disagree, I think Alizee always had an inviting smile.. remember L'alize was shot with a lot of high speed shots, to give it a dreamy quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonPixie View Post
Doesn't sound like you might be gay; just sounds like you want to be a girl! *lol* Seriously, it is too bad that you boys don't get to do that kinda stuff, you know be 'close' with friends without being ridiculed, belittled, emasculated, or set yourself up to be insulted with degrading (to girls) remarks about you (honestly, if being a girl, or girly, is so offensive why do boys fall over themselves for us?!).
HA hA! Its interesting your conclusion, CP, because here in the states, Men don't dance, spend way to much time and energy watching sports, are chliched to death to think that movies should be all about action and explosions. In beer commercials, men choose the beer over women. Moreover we are told that skanks like megen fox and brittaney spears are attractive... Magazines like Maxim offer glib, superficial "lifestyle" articles why featuring the worse airbrushing of women I've ever seen. Even worse, marriage is presented as a game of adversaries, not a partnership. Men are supposed to like sports, girls aren't, they are supposed to be so mars/venus.. classic "married with children" theme where dude wants just beer and sports.

I mean look at what else has changed: remember Coke ads? they used to be colorful ads, unisex and kind of about a playful lifestyle... now look at the coke Zero ads... geared toward men... prepare to be offended:

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j7LMZJ_Fb1g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j7LMZJ_Fb1g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object> <object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S-Xv3m4I4co&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S-Xv3m4I4co&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>
<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oIT5R-TdSHs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oIT5R-TdSHs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

Notice in two of these, the lesser of the two women in the scene are a natural beauty.

So now Coke ads are like beer ads. what a step backwards... Even the add says: "0 sugar" i.e. no sweetness because thats for whimps...

But its not just things wrong on the guy's side. In schools now there is a big problem with girls being bullies. Kind of caricatured in Gossip Girl, you have a sort of queen bee heirachy with hazing and rituals to "belong" to a group. A recent TV show "Lie to me" (season 2 , episode 2) featured this as one of their stories. A sort of desensitizing.

Last edited by wildfire; 10-12-2009 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-12-2009, 04:18 PM

SDB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
because here in the states, Men don't dance, spend way to much time and energy watching sports, are chliched to death to think that movies should be all about action and explosions. In beer commercials, men choose the beer over women.
Not only overthere
Old 10-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
really? the only time I've seen that look was during the "L'alizé" video when she does those stares of death that drive me nuts each time.
oh i wasnt' referring to Alizee having that look, but rather that all those other lesser singers did.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
oh i wasnt' referring to Alizee having that look, but rather that all those other lesser singers did.
oh, you worded it like you were saying nobody has her and "f-me look"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire View Post
No, I disagree, I think Alizee always had an inviting smile.. remember L'alize was shot with a lot of high speed shots, to give it a dreamy quality.
Well an inviting smile and beautiful glow sure, but not a billboard that says "Come over her big boy and wham it home, smack me and call me Julie"

Last edited by user472884; 10-12-2009 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-13-2009, 12:16 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

If liking Lili is gay, I say flame on. Giants have fallen before her.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 10-13-2009, 04:14 AM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs View Post
If liking Lili is gay, I say flame on. Giants have fallen before her.
I've already waxed my ass and I'm dancing shirtless on a giant illuminated cube.

-------------------------

- When you have to pause Alizée when doing math homework, because you always end up like

"aight, the first equation of 4x-6y+5/3z=9 has to be substituted dans mon other equation of 50x-60y=z/8....... first I have to eliminate the z with je m'éclabousse.... J'en ai marre de ceux qui pleurent..............
Qui ne roulent qu'à deuxà l'heure,
Qui se lamentent et qui s'fixent
Sur l'idée d'une idée fixe
J'en ai marre de ceux qui râlent.
Des extrêmistes à deux balles,
Qui voient la vie tout en noir!

Jalen! Shut the fuck up! it's two in the morning!

sorry mother"
Old 10-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well an inviting smile and beautiful glow sure, but not a billboard that says "Come over her big boy and wham it home, smack me and call me Julie"
mm yes. you do have a way with words jalen.. you really do!

Old 10-13-2009, 01:18 PM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
When you have to pause Alizée when doing math homework, because you always end up like
With math I don't have that kind of problem, listening to her music doesn't disturb me, it's rather pleasure

And recently during my way to school, I'm measuring time with her songs Each day when I'm leaving home, I play an album from the first song and when I reach school I know how much time it took and how much time I have to start of lessons

btw. Interesting discussion, men.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criss_pl View Post
With math I don't have that kind of problem, listening to her music doesn't disturb me, it's rather pleasure
Math is the only subject in which Alizée distracts me, mainly because I want her to distract me.

Jalen + Anything Mathematical + Alizée =

"Jalen, what is eight times six?"
"eight times eight... uh..... carry the... suborbital of..... divided by the radical of sum squared....."
Old 10-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"eight times eight... uh..... carry the... suborbital of..... divided by the radical of sum squared....."
sounds like me everyday, and if you add Alizée to the equation...