Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

or colorado

- She can't possibly move to an English speaking country because of Annily! Should she be going into school sometime soon? With the limited (French) vocabulary Annily has I'm positive that she would have to attend a French school
Old 11-15-2009, 02:02 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Just to be clear, it's radical muslims that are the problem.
I know plenty of other muslims who are just fine, and very nonviolent. It ain't fair to call 'em all bad!
You are correct. There are radicals in all faiths, persuasions,racial backgrounds, however terrorism is presently linked to radicals claiming to be of the Muslim faith and their actions are taken based upon their interpretations however misguided. I take no issue with Muslim people as a group. I hope I cleared it up for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criss_pl View Post
Ok. To clear up. I live in Europe. France has some problems with immigrants overall, not only with radical muslims. France is country with many ethnical groups.
And in past years there were some riots in France, especially in Paris, but I don't think that Paris is more dangerous than Miami. Terrorism in Europe is visible, especially in Spain. I don't remember any acts of terrorism in France, in past 4-5 years?

And agree with wasabi, radical muslims make a bad opinion to those normal.
There were riots, burning cars, and damaging businesses in Paris today supposedly because a web site advertised they were going to give away euro's around the Eiffel tower and it turned out to be a hoax. I was originally responding to a statement that it is much safer in France than the US because they aren't pissing terrorists off. Very naive and dangerous to think that terrorists are responding to peoples that have hurt their feelings and not a deep seeded agenda however evil and misguided it is. The radicals have high jacked the Muslim faith and I guess I wrongly assumed or was not clear about my distinction between the radicals and Muslims as a whole. I have no issue with Muslims as a faith or as a people.

Last edited by pepelepew; 11-15-2009 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-15-2009, 02:39 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

There is really no chance of Alizée moving to the U.S. permanently. All questions of language aside, this country is just too far from Corsica. It's not going to happen, and I wouldn't even want it to happen. It would just feel wrong.

BUT . . . hey, she's got money . . . a vacation home here would not be too off the wall.

Maybe some friend or relative of hers will move to the U.S. some day soon, and she'll need a convenient way to visit that person. You just never know.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 11-15-2009, 02:57 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
There is really no chance of Alizée moving to the U.S. permanently. All questions of language aside, this country is just too far from Corsica. It's not going to happen, and I wouldn't even want it to happen. It would just feel wrong.

BUT . . . hey, she's got money . . . a vacation home here would not be too off the wall.

Maybe some friend or relative of hers will move to the U.S. some day soon, and she'll need a convenient way to visit that person. You just never know.

Yeah. Possibly Southwestern Connecticut. Proximity to New York. Plenty of beach and boating. And a familiar (similar to Paris) climate.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:56 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

One can make a statement concerning the Muslim faith and that most of it's people are law-abiding and peaceful. However, due to the ineptitude of the law in being able to weed out the bad, and allowing the bad to continue to move freely among the populace, I would ignore any sect of people, which I felt personally to be "potentially dangerous", unless shown the ones who are peaceful by a knowing third party, whom I trusted and knew personally.

As an example of this, look at the recent Fort Hood incident. The government cannot even make the decision to take action, as they are afraid of being politically incorrect, yet they knew this person to be potentiallly dangerous!
This inaction cost many lives. Personally, I'll use my own judgement and gut instincts.
Still, I would rather live in France then here any day.
The governement here has changed and has an agenda which is not in the best interest of anyone, but themsleves.

Last edited by C-4; 11-16-2009 at 10:01 AM..