Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-26-2009, 02:41 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Okay dudes. Moment of truth. It's black friday tomorrow, and there's two items competing for what I (or rather my dad ) will buy. He's given me a limit of $200 bucks but I can fit a Wii and a 19 inch TV. Here are the facts.

Reasons to buy the Wii:
- Several of my friends play it on the Wii network thingie, Johnathan, David, Mitchell, Masood, Josh, Jorge, my cousin, probably more I can't remember, and probably some of you have it as well which would be really cool to play with you guys.
- You can browse the internet with it, something I can only do with my laptop at the moment.
- I can finally bring back my old Gamecube games which you can play on the Wii

Reasons to buy the TV
- It costs 50 bucks less
- It's a HUGE upgrade from my small crappy old one. How old? It has a VHS player built in. That old.
- I can watch all my DVD's (including En Concert ) on it, with a better display
- I have some decent speakers to help enhance the experience, but they don't go very well with a small tv that has a vhs player
-I can play my Ps2 (and Gamecube if i'm that bored lol) on it with a better display. And yes lol, that's all the consoles I have right now, unless you count a gameboy advance and my laptop but really that's all i need, I'm not a big gamer really.
- It's bigger than my current tv which has a screen probably the same width (not thickness, length i guess) as my laptop does.

What should I get?
Old 11-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Okay dudes. Moment of truth. It's black friday tomorrow, and there's two items competing for what I (or rather my dad ) will buy. He's given me a limit of $200 bucks but I can fit a Wii and a 19 inch TV. Here are the facts.

Reasons to buy the Wii:
- Several of my friends play it on the Wii network thingie, Johnathan, David, Mitchell, Masood, Josh, Jorge, my cousin, probably more I can't remember, and probably some of you have it as well which would be really cool to play with you guys.
- You can browse the internet with it, something I can only do with my laptop at the moment.
- I can finally bring back my old Gamecube games which you can play on the Wii

Reasons to buy the TV
- It costs 50 bucks less
- It's a HUGE upgrade from my small crappy old one. How old? It has a VHS player built in. That old.
- I can watch all my DVD's (including En Concert ) on it, with a better display
- I have some decent speakers to help enhance the experience, but they don't go very well with a small tv that has a vhs player
-I can play my Ps2 (and Gamecube if i'm that bored lol) on it with a better display. And yes lol, that's all the consoles I have right now, unless you count a gameboy advance and my laptop but really that's all i need, I'm not a big gamer really.
- It's bigger than my current tv which has a screen probably the same width (not thickness, length i guess) as my laptop does.

What should I get?
I would go for the wii since I am a gamer. You could always buy a used TV these days. As for me I am thinking about picking up Bioshock tomorrow at a sweet deal.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:57 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving!
(Late, I know, but just woke up from the post-turkey nap )
Thanks to everyone who's been so supportive these first six months of running the site!
Old 11-27-2009, 02:26 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

To all who are going out shopping.. please be careful!

A friend of mine used to work at Walmart and apparently one time they had to hire some security for black friday.. but that security guy ended up being killed when everyone rushed into the store.

A DAMN WII ISN'T WORTH SOMEONE'S LIFE!!! but if you can get your hands on it cheap, go for it! just don't kill anyone eh?

hate to lose any precious American Alizee fan.. there aren't too many of us ya know!

Old 11-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving!
(Late, I know, but just woke up from the post-turkey nap )
Thanks to everyone who's been so supportive these first six months of running the site!
You've been doing an awesome job of running the site

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
To all who are going out shopping.. please be careful!

A friend of mine used to work at Walmart and apparently one time they had to hire some security for black friday.. but that security guy ended up being killed when everyone rushed into the store.

A DAMN WII ISN'T WORTH SOMEONE'S LIFE!!! but if you can get your hands on it cheap, go for it! just don't kill anyone eh?

hate to lose any precious American Alizee fan.. there aren't too many of us ya know!
I'm alright lol, nobody was hurt at the place I went to either . I took Radioactive Man's advice and got a 22 inch Wii lol. I bought A 22 inch TV instead of a 19 one, and I bought the Wii as well. So I'm quite happy
Old 11-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

I went to FYE at Porchester, here in NY and it wasnt crowed at all. maybe a max of 20 people most, but that was about it. well i bought my first Rammstein CD, tried looking for an Alizée CD but didnt find one . so... i tried out this thing they have that shows what they sell, and i saw some Alizée CDs ! but they were out stock and instead had to order the CDs and wait until they arrive and go pick them up ! later i went to play pool and all i had in mind was finally getting an official Alizée CD!

not bad for a Black Friday
Old 11-28-2009, 03:44 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaner360 View Post
I went to FYE at Porchester, here in NY and it wasnt crowed at all. maybe a max of 20 people most, but that was about it. well i bought my first Rammstein CD, tried looking for an Alizée CD but didnt find one . so... i tried out this thing they have that shows what they sell, and i saw some Alizée CDs ! but they were out stock and instead had to order the CDs and wait until they arrive and go pick them up ! later i went to play pool and all i had in mind was finally getting an official Alizée CD!

not bad for a Black Friday
yeah same here. no matter where i go, be it best buy, circuit city, barnes and noble, etc.. i can never find Alizee.

and though i already own the CDs, i tried to find them just so that i could put them out front where everyone could see.

Old 11-28-2009, 03:49 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
yeah same here. no matter where i go, be it best buy, circuit city, barnes and noble, etc.. i can never find Alizee.

and though i already own the CDs, i tried to find them just so that i could put them out front where everyone could see.
What a day what a day, to not be living in California.
Where the liberal music shoppes have almost anything foreign.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:48 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
What a day what a day, to not be living in California.
Where the liberal music shoppes have almost anything foreign.
It may be the only thing going for the state

Old 11-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Man Among Men

puffyrock2 is on a distinguished road

I have returned from a week-long cruise. Whew.