Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 01-14-2010, 10:32 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Default Better Late Than Never?

"Better Late Than Never." If anything, that'll be what they write on my tombstone (when I'm 120 or so). It seems to be the way I do most everything! (Like this letter, for example!) Actually, though, when I go to the elementary school to meet our kid's teacher or see a play, there's a lot of parents there my age. Some even older! (Gasp.)

Thanks, Jalen, for the consolation! You're wiser than a lot of 48-year-olds. But don't hurry yourself too much. You'll be doing pretty well if you can move like a 15-year-old when you're 30.

And besides, like Junkmale says, being 40+ ain't so bad, except for the way the youngsters regard you. And there's still new things to discover every day. Never stop learning.

AS FOR THE TEDDY BEAR - AAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

I gotta 'fess up - Ben had suggested that same bear idea back when the merchandise first appeared. Stupid me, I said no. Thought it'd be too much of a hassle. Especially since we weren't sure which address would get through. I'm sorry, everybody. Go ahead and throw rocks at the old man, now.

Letter Update: well, no news yet. Still waiting. But there is still another letter printed up, ready to go to another address we've got. May have to resort to that next week. Shhhhhhh.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Cool but wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
AS FOR THE TEDDY BEAR - AAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

I gotta 'fess up - Ben had suggested that same bear idea back when the merchandise first appeared. Stupid me, I said no. Thought it'd be too much of a hassle. Especially since we weren't sure which address would get through. I'm sorry, everybody. Go ahead and throw rocks at the old man, now.
but hey if we did use the teddy bear we would have to send several....and what happens if two of em' got through to her....that'd be weird
Old 01-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I knocked my head at the speed of light into my wall a few times for not thinking of it... in a sleep deprived stupor I again "discovered" the AAm store.

Would we look weird/desperate if we sent a bear like, tomorrow, separately?

-----------------
@Chuck

I'm 15 and I move like I'm 74 (several surgeries and knee problems)
Old 01-15-2010, 06:40 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

I felt old for 15/16 when I was that age. I kind of wish I could know what it feels like to be here at that age. There was nothing like this when I was that age - 50 year old guys talking to 13 year old guys and everyone pretty giddy over some girly (ok, a 25 year old girly at this point).

What shocks me the most is that Alizée is already that age. When I first discovered her (doesn't seem that long ago) just over 3 years ago I felt a bit funny at first when I discovered how young she was (in some of the videos). It's almost like she went from being 16/18 to 25 in just a couple years. Her long absences also distort the continuity of following her life.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-15-2010, 08:31 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
What shocks me the most is that Alizée is already that age. When I first discovered her (doesn't seem that long ago) just over 3 years ago I felt a bit funny at first when I discovered how young she was (in some of the videos). It's almost like she went from being 16/18 to 25 in just a couple years. Her long absences also distort the continuity of following her life.
Dude I'm at school and just read your post while listening to Parler Tout Bas En ConcertAHH SOOO SADDD!!!!!!!!

O and sending the bear after the letter is desperate(Jalen)
Old 01-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Re the bear: people have been giving Alizée stuffed animals since forever. She probably has a room or two in her big house devoted solely to warehousing stuffed-animal fan gifts. Just as well we didn't send yet another. The letter will be enough.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-17-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Re the bear: people have been giving Alizée stuffed animals since forever. She probably has a room or two in her big house devoted solely to warehousing stuffed-animal fan gifts. Just as well we didn't send yet another. The letter will be enough.
Yes, she must have accumulated enough of those that they are burning them for heat at her parents house. *imagines a big wood pile out back, but with teddy bears instead of logs* (poupée de son?) I imagine barley burns well.

Merci Fanny
Old 01-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Yes, she must have accumulated enough of those that they are burning them for heat at her parents house. *imagines a big wood pile out back, but with teddy bears instead of logs* (poupée de son?) I imagine barley burns well.
I hate to break it to you... but they sorta went off the deep end with all the stuffed animals and now they do this...

<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dI04EwcwJBQ&showinfo=0&start=200&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel =0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dI04EwcwJBQ&showinfo=0&start=200&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel =0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>

Gosh, I thought you knew by now!

The Ajaccio tour bus guide always says this:

"Now on your left, no, that is not a scale replica of the Verdun battlefield, but actually just the yard of the Jacoteys, parents of the famous entertainer Alizée."

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 01-17-2010 at 11:39 PM.. Reason: add tour guide
Old 01-17-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post

"Now on your left, no, that is not a scale replica of the Verdun battlefield, but actually just the yard of the Jacoteys, parents of the famous entertainer Alizée."
La Colline des Nounours ?

Merci Fanny
Old 01-18-2010, 12:20 AM

Talking hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
I hate to break it to you... but they sorta went off the deep end with all the stuffed animals and now they do this...

<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dI04EwcwJBQ&showinfo=0&start=200&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel =0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dI04EwcwJBQ&showinfo=0&start=200&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel =0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>

Gosh, I thought you knew by now!

Ahh thats great....hey does anyone know why Lilly's parents are never really heard of that much? cuz i only saw her dad for 2secs in one vid. Any interviews about them?

Tags
fan, french connection letter, mail