Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 01-22-2010, 06:38 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
As in it's not illegal in America? If so, I am redownloading it...
Pretty much everything you are looking at getting from there would be considered illegal. Think of it this way if it's a song and not given to you directly from the record company it's probably illegal. There really isn't such a thing as a legal download if it's on a CD, there are exceptions but they are far and few between.

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

You're sharing it with others out of LOVE and HAPPINESS.
You're not selling these files for your own personal profits.

I love the DC++ not because I can get whatever people upload, but I can give whatever I upload to the curious listener.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:24 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Cool hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Pretty much everything you are looking at getting from there would be considered illegal. Think of it this way if it's a song and not given to you directly from the record company it's probably illegal. There really isn't such a thing as a legal download if it's on a CD, there are exceptions but they are far and few between.
So pretty much everything on the internet and in hubs is illegal Well at least I stopped when I did or else it could be an addiction....I hate how everything has to be illegal. So how would you get performances legally? I hate our forefathers for making laws protecting intellectual property and stuff(copyrighted material). You should at least be able to use it for personal use only...
Old 01-25-2010, 04:21 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
I'm actually pretty tech savvy, and yet I've still never been able to get the hang of the whole DC++ thing. Is there a guide for, like, really, really stupid people, or Canadians?

Geez Roman...don't sugar-coat it, man. How do you really feel?
Or Canadians. LOL That was hilarious. Where have you been, man? Where have I been? I just saw that response. I'm no whiz either, but I searched for instructions and got help from the hub masters. I would be happy to help you if you can send me some specific question.

To clarify, I don't know about what all is legal or illegal, but I'll put it this way, the stuff from Alizée that is still for sale, the original songs and concert video, I do not share. If I say, go buy it if you want it, that's reasonable because it doesn't really even cost that much and it's prime stuff. I have bought every copy of remixes as well that I could find for sale. I have personally spent thousands of dollars buying Alizée merchandise and helped others buy several hundred worth in addition. I have nothing on my conscience in that regard.

I just wanted to encourage people who do want Alizée stuff to check it out. There was a time when I would regularly see 30 people on there and they all had Alizée stuff. True, it was quicker and easier to get stuff back then. Still, one of the major advantages to DC++ is that while it may be very slow, you can just leave it going and if people turn off their computers, it will continue when it comes back on. So, I have almost 150GB of stuff now (yes, about half duplicates I guess. I haven't even gone through all of it yet)

I guaranty that I would not have all the stuff that I have if not for "The Hub".

Merci Fanny
Old 01-25-2010, 04:47 AM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

well said roman...

---------------------------------------------------

Old 01-25-2010, 04:55 AM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

do we have to have a lot of Alizee stuff to join or check it out?? I only have the three CD's I bought on mp3, a few pics & 3 of the music videos...that's about it. *you'll have to excuse me for my lack of knowledge or ability to remember...i see so many things in a day, i tend to forget things that aren't on the front of my mind. plus, im still kinda feeling my way around here as well. =\*

Last edited by djwise; 01-25-2010 at 04:58 AM..
Old 01-25-2010, 06:30 AM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

nah you dont need anythng to get in right now... i took off the required 1gb...

---------------------------------------------------

Old 01-25-2010, 06:51 AM
Wanderer

djwise is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaz View Post
nah you dont need anythng to get in right now... i took off the required 1gb...
ohh, okay.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road
Question Un pregunta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
To clarify, I don't know about what all is legal or illegal, but I'll put it this way, the stuff from Alizée that is still for sale, the original songs and concert video, I do not share.
So are you saying that if all I wanted were pics now(or maybe even a couple extra interview vids), that since they are obviously not for sale, that it would be legal to download them? Cuz if so, and if Plaz would forgive me for somewhat-freeloading as most call it, I will definetely rejoin. If it's illegal though I will probably rejoin anyway...
Old 01-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaroniu31 View Post
So are you saying that if all I wanted were pics now(or maybe even a couple extra interview vids), that since they are obviously not for sale, that it would be legal to download them?
Well... yeah
Nobody is losing any potential customers or money, and none of us are making any profit out of it. Now, I'm not a professional at interpreting the law, but I don't see anything wrong being done with dowloading the things you mentioned. You, however, previously downloaded stuff that was for sale somewhere else. That was illegal. Tsk, tsk, tsk.