Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 02-05-2010, 12:08 AM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post

Anyway, my biggest objection isn't the size, it's the issue of functionality compared to the iPhone/iTouch. If the iPad ran a full OS, or even allowed multitasking between two or more apps at once, I'd be more inclined to upgrade. The increase in screen real estate and a proper touchtype keyboard alone--which would be nice, don't get me wrong--just don't sweeten the pot enough to intrigue me, at least not now. Before I'd bought my iTouch and/or netbook, though? Maybe, maybe not.
This is my biggest gripe with the iPad, I fully expected a Leopard OS or something or a stripped down one and not having multiple apps running is definitely a downer especially if you intend it to use it for business productivity. But my guess is an OS would seriously hurt the performance given that the CPU is only 1 GHZ ARM modified processors, plus I think having a full blown OS might be a damper on battery life, if you know Apple they always try to shoot for a long battery life on their products. I also read some where coming from Steve Jobs (don't know if it's accurate or not) but apparently having Flash on the iTouch/iPhone would be big drain on the battery, for me I could live without it, but for the iPad having some sort of flash would definitely have been a plus. I read that Apple is working on allowing more than 2 or 3 apps running simultaneously on the upcoming iPhone OS 4.0, so that might fix one of the issues that people gripe about, I know from experience I hate having to quit apps just so I could surf on safari. I still think that Apple iPad is going to kill all the other tablets because, well, it an Apple. As for

Speaking of OS, is anyone having issues with upgrading to the new iPhone OS 3.1.3 or whatever version it is that Apple released this week for the iTouch and iPhone? I was upgrading my iTouch 2G to the latest OS update and it seems to have frozen in the middle of updating/restoring.

Last edited by Ali; 02-05-2010 at 12:15 AM..
Old 02-08-2010, 05:43 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman
Looks like she didn't quite get what she wanted either. That's kind of the same stuff I was just listening to Paul Thurott say. Well, I don't know. What did they say a 10 hour battery? Is that huge enough? Maybe not. So, it's just missing the camera really?

I must say, I find the iPad tempting too. I'd have to play with one, but I think if I could use it to offload pictures from my camera, do a little email and some little video watching it would be great for taking on trips instead of my full sized laptop. And if I could do all that and store "e-books" and do some fairly simple writing and drawing on it, it would be great to take to school in lieu of as many books and paper handouts. And this second use case is the more common. Hauling around books in itself can actually be a bit of an issue. I certainly couldn't take any of my text books on a trip. Can't do homework (not like I was doing homework in Nice anyway).

I'd like that to be my entry into Apple land. Not that I ever expect to become an Apple fanboy bigot like Lili! What's up with dissin' the "PC"? Ok, I haven't had a Mac in over 15 years; so...
but I suppose this is a digression...
Really, like most, I too was tempted & hoping that they had included multi-tasking, a cam as well as making it more OneNote capable to help launch e-textbooks. If anything I see this 1st gen as an entertainment device like a PMP, DSi, what have you... (Not sure on productivity even though it has a modified iWorks.) Anyway, I'm still looking to see if a company builds such an affordable tablet. Perhaps the 2nd/3rd gen iPad?

As for the her PC comment, it's what ever you grew up with that makes you most comfortable with. (/looks to see that Amigo! is around ) Had I grown up with Mac & knew the in's and out's of the OS I'd be saying the same thing about PC due to it's unfamiliar interface and commands/keyboard short-cuts.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...

Tags
apple, ipad, steve jobs, tablet