Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well just a little update on my plans for tomorrow. The voting for this poll apparently ends around 8pm Paris time which I believe is 2pm EST. I have to double check this, especially with the spring forward time change tomorrow. So around 7pm Paris time, I'll start monitoring the vote every minute. I think what will happen is Alizee will have a lead and this guy in second will launch a last minute surge of votes to try and steal the win. I hope to counter this. How it all pans out will depend on the scores at that time and when he starts voting. I don't think I can do this all by myself and hope others will join in, in that last hour to see how things are going and lend a hand if able.

I don't know if winning this poll will do Alizee any good. Maybe the only real winner is Radio Atlantis. But I'm hoping by finishing first, it will get Lilly, this song and her new album more noticed, more air time and more sales. If it does nothing else than bring a smile to her face, then I think it will be well worth it.

I bought a few of the +100 votes yesterday, just to make sure I would know how when the time comes. The best thing about these votes you buy is you can buy another one right away. You don't have to wait an hour like you do for the free +5 votes. It cost $3 for a +100 point vote and $1 for a 35 point vote. It gets billed in most cases to your cell phone.If anyone needs advice on how to do it let me know. I don't think I'll be able to pull this off by myself, so I'm hopeful others will join in. I'm sure I cant and others in here cant afford to do this every week, but this week, Alizee is getting far more votes and deserves to win and I'm going to do my best to see she does.
Good idea, your plans and intentions are correct and I'm sure that Alizée will finish first this week. Hope that you get more support. Although I won't be participating in the planned last minute surge, but I'm trying my best to cast as many free 5 votes as possible. Voted more than once from different places, but still that helps little. So good luck for tomorrow.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:33 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Daylight saving time is at 2:00 AM Sunday morning here in the U.S..

The time difference is six hours right now but in twelve hours the difference will be five hours EST.

We jump forward one hour so we are looking at 3:00 pm EST compared to 20:00 Paris Time.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:58 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Daylight saving time is at 2:00 AM Sunday morning here in the U.S..

The time difference is six hours right now but in twelve hours the difference will be five hours EST.

We jump forward one hour so we are looking at 3:00 pm EST compared to 20:00 Paris Time.

Thanks ALS. I will double and triple check it tomorrow on the web by using some of the great sites that are available.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:04 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Hmm. the lead is 335 now...

I think I can also buy a couple of 100 points tomorrow....when exactly should I go for it? Any ideas, scruffy?

Edit:

Just going by the user comments, all the four comments for Alizee are by fans here at AAm. Infact, a large number of comments are in english...This shows the international fan following Lilli enjoys

But surprisingly, what has happened to French people, why they do not like Lilli anymore

Last edited by sumi1; 03-13-2010 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-13-2010, 06:57 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
Hmm. the lead is 335 now...

I think I can also buy a couple of 100 points tomorrow....when exactly should I go for it? Any ideas, scruffy?

Edit:

Just going by the user comments, all the four comments for Alizee are by fans here at AAm. Infact, a large number of comments are in english...This shows the international fan following Lilli enjoys

But surprisingly, what has happened to French people, why they do not like Lilli anymore
Hey Sumi1. It looks like you're in Pennsylvania so you should monitor it around the same time as I will be, between 1 and 2 pm. I'll double check my figures late tomorrow morning and either post an update here or send you a pm. I'm sure Alizée would appreciate your support!
Old 03-13-2010, 07:31 PM

Hey Scruffy, just to make sure, I checked that France's clocks will be going 1 hour ahead on 28th March. US clocks will move forward today, 14th March.

This means that the time difference is 5 hours. So, the last hour of voting will be 2 to 3 PM.

Here is the link I checked:
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/tim...european-time/

Edit:

Hey Scruffy, just note that instead of buying a 100 point, if you buy 3 35 point votes, you can get 5 extra votes for the same price. Though it is not a big difference, but who knows, it may be essential in case of a close call.

Last edited by sumi1; 03-13-2010 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-13-2010, 08:04 PM

Cool Operation Alizée!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumi1 View Post
Hey Scruffy, just to make sure, I checked that France's clocks will be going 1 hour ahead on 28th March. US clocks will move forward today, 14th March.

This means that the time difference is 5 hours. So, the last hour of voting will be 2 to 3 PM.

Here is the link I checked:
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/tim...european-time/

Edit:

Hey Scruffy, just note that instead of buying a 100 point, if you buy 3 35 point votes, you can get 5 extra votes for the same price. Though it is not a big difference, but who knows, it may be essential in case of a close call.
Thanks for that info Sumi1. So let's synchronize our watches. Operation Alizée starts at 2 pm EST tomorrow.
If she wins tomorrow, I'm sure this is what she would say to us,

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-13-2010 at 08:20 PM..
Old 03-13-2010, 08:08 PM

Infact, as per my analysis, Alizee has 13255 votes and that other guy has 12815 votes. Using the percentage of votes, simple calculations show that Alizee has roughly 808 votes, 97 of these are 100 point votes and 711 are 5 point votes. For that Mosimann guy, total number of votes comes out to 394 -- 280 of which are 5 points and 114 are 100 points. Clearly, we see Lilli is the winner as far as number of votes are concerned. Now, if the 97 100 point votes were purchased by using (97*3) 35 point votes, Lilli would have an additional lead of 485 points, for the same price!

Edit:

Guys keep voting, let the voice of Lilli be in French Air next week

Last edited by sumi1; 03-13-2010 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-13-2010, 09:56 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Hello all,
Thanks to Ben I can finally join in here. Intro to come later, but I have been watching this since 3/2/10. I, too, will be standing by and ready to cast 1k votes if necessary tomorrow.
I wonder if they count votes right up until they play the top song or is the order of play frozen when they start at 19h CET?

Great site all,
Keith
Old 03-13-2010, 10:20 PM

Hey MYGOGT, welcome aboard

And thans for your support too