Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Fan Art

Old 03-01-2010, 05:20 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I tried the same thing on both TES IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3. Never could any human recreate her face. It is foolish to try, yet we do anyways.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:42 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Cool Best human face digital models now very good

It is hardly impossible for a celebrity to <i>license</i> her likeness for use in things like video games. And the digital models one can build are now very good. I sketch a <i>very</i> incomplete history of them <a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Technology/VirtualActors.htm">here</a>. As I reflect on it, <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looker"><i>Looker</i></a>, the 1981 Sci-Fi mystery film about models, which is profiled at the top of this history, is almost a metaphor for what is starting to happen three decades later now in 2010 to the recorded arts community, especially singers. They digitize you and then they economically "bump you off" through copyright piracy, so they needn't ever pay you to perform again! Arrgh!

If I was a famous face looking to play in the virtual world, I'd be inclined to try MMORPG's, because of the relatively good security possible by keeping the model of me on the commercial purveyor servers, rather than on a storage medium on client machines in the hands of the consuming public.

It would be pretty cool to be able to visit "Lilly Town" in something like <i>Second Life</a>!

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 03-04-2010 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: Observe the metaphor
Old 03-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
It is hardly impossible for a celebrity to license her likeness for use in things like video games. And the digital models one can build are now very good. I sketch a very incomplete history of them here. As I reflect on it, Looker, the 1981 Sci-Fi mystery film about models, which is profiled at the top of this history, is almost a metaphor for what is starting to happen three decades later now in 2010 to the recorded arts community, especially singers. They digitize you and then they economically "bump you off" through copyright piracy, so they needn't ever pay you to perform again! Arrgh!

If I was a famous face looking to play in the virtual world, I'd be inclined to try MMORPG's, because of the relatively good security possible by keeping the model of me on the commercial purveyor servers, rather than on a storage medium on client machines in the hands of the consuming public.

It would be pretty cool to be able to visit "Lilly Town" in something like Second Life!

Awesome report there mr!
Emily seriously freaked me out the first time I saw her.
Imagine how you can put your life in serious jepordy by paying a visit to that photosphare machine. All of a sudden you'll see yourself robbing a bank in full HD on the news

The era of video falsification is about to commence.
Don't trust what you see fellow humans, the cake is a lie!

Imagine the legendary Lili-nose-crunch with this technology
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ErODDCNQWdA&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ErODDCNQWdA&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 03-16-2010, 02:56 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Default Cloning ABBA without the Ace of Base?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomtentp View Post
Awesome report there mr!
Emily seriously freaked me out the first time I saw her...
Do people your age still know about the Swedish supergroup ABBA? I was fond of their work when I was young and it was current. Not too many years from now, all four of them will be gone. Had it been possible to digitize them when they were young, their career might continue as long as there is interest in new work from them, once we learned how to create a good "auditory typeface" from their real voices.

In passing, I will remark how delighted I was when YouTube debuted and I got to see so many *real* ABBA performances recorded decades ago, but totally new to me. I had never before heard them sing in French, Spanish, German or even Swedish. They seem to do a good job in all of these languages to me!
Old 03-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
Do people your age still know about the Swedish supergroup ABBA? I was fond of their work when I was young and it was current. Not too many years from now, all four of them will be gone. Had it been possible to digitize them when they were young, their career might continue as long as there is interest in new work from them, once we learned how to create a good "auditory typeface" from their real voices.

In passing, I will remark how delighted I was when YouTube debuted and I got to see so many *real* ABBA performances recorded decades ago, but totally new to me. I had never before heard them sing in French, Spanish, German or even Swedish. They seem to do a good job in all of these languages to me!

The main trouble with human psychology is that, even thou we constantly are, we hate being manipulated or "told what to do". It doesn't matter if it's completely aligned with our own thoughts and beliefs.

Even if the digital ABBA were to be an exact replica of the real deal, and robot versions of the band members with 100% realism were to be created, people would feel "fooled". Just as you mentioned with the manipulated voices of todays pop singers, it doesn't matter as long as there is a real person to "look at".

Just look at the ruling system for example. You vote for a person (the president) to rule the nation, even thou he/she have a numberous group of people taking the real decisions. It is much easier to make up your mind weither you like a person or not than making up your mind about a full group of people. In Sweden we vote for parties but there is always a spokesman for every party to serve as the president kind of role.

We want to see what we believe in (which oddly enough completely collides with most religions )
EDIT: Oh right, forgot about the preist/prophet/shaman etc.. role in religion; To have someone to look at!

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!

Last edited by Tomtentp; 03-17-2010 at 10:00 AM..