Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-12-2010, 09:44 AM

Aron14 is on a distinguished road
Default Mylène's latest protégé

I don't know how many of us are aware that Mylène Farmer has had a new protégé since 2008, perhaps an echo of Alizée: Lisa, Mylène's niece. I discovered her recently, and found it interesting to compare Alizée and Lisa. Laurent Boutonnat's music is enjoyable as always, but I'm not very fond of Lisa's image. For me, it seems too dark, especially for a young girl. But don't take my word for it, check out Lisa's single "Drôle de Creepie":

(Sorry, I haven't yet figured out how to post videos in posts.)
Old 04-12-2010, 11:08 AM

Criss_pl is on a distinguished road

Yes, I noticed her, but it's rather old song, from 2008. Her voice is very childish in contrary to the clip and her clothes. But it's just the gothic-lolita style.

Actually, she is Lisa Gautier, born in 1997, so in the clip she was 11. She also played in one of Laurent's movie.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

... I guess Alizée was the golden nugget of Myelen's proteges.

I mean, what the heck is this? Makes me think of the Nightmare Before Christmas.

Old 04-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

no thanks...

---------------------------------------------------

Old 04-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile A Lisa - Mylène's new Gothic Lolita?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron14 View Post
I don't know how many of us are aware that Mylène Farmer has had a new protégé since 2008, perhaps an echo of Alizée: Lisa, Mylène's niece. I discovered her recently, and found it interesting to compare Alizée and Lisa. Laurent Boutonnat's music is enjoyable as always, but I'm not very fond of Lisa's image. For me, it seems too dark, especially for a young girl. But don't take my word for it, check out Lisa's single "Drôle de Creepie":

(Sorry, I haven't yet figured out how to post videos in posts.)
Technical note: To embed YouTube videos here, click on the "Embed" tag on the YouTube Web page. A template of menus will open up, allowing you to specify various options, like the size of the video. As you make choices, an alphanumeric string is modified. When you are done, you copy that string and paste it here. For some videos, like the video you cite, the uploader has specified that he does not want to permit embedding in other Web pages, hence the message "Embedding disabled by request."

The song is theme music for a children's television series, <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growing_Up_Creepie"><i>Growing Up Creepie</i></a>, and you can read a biography of the girl, <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_(singer)">Lisa [Gautier]</a>, evidently the daughter of Mylène's brother.

If there are artistic themes Mylène likes better than sex, it is horror and violence. The softcore squeamishness of Lisa's song might be seen as a juvenile precursor to horror and violence, because in the video at least, she arguably appears as if a small insect at peril of being trapped by the spider's web behind her. (Alizée's wolf becomes Lisa's spider?)

More than one pagan European festival was transformed by the rise of the church into a Christian holiday. Among these is <i>All Holy's/Hallow's Eve(ning)</i>, the evening before <i>All Saints Day</i>. In the United States, we denote a completely secularized festival version of <i>All Holy's/HALLOW's EvE(Ning)</i> as <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween"><i>Halloween</i></a>. Surely you observed at least one such celebration during your stay in the United States.

This festival is known in various countries of the world, and <i>Wikipedia</i> <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween_around_the_world#France">alleges</a> it was introduced to France the very year (1997) of Lisa's birth!

While I do not believe in sheltering children from knowledge of the perils and horrors they face as mortal humans, at least in a way consistent with their reasonable equanimity, at the same time, I have always found it strange an entire day each year should be devoted to a public death and horror festival, however aesthetically "euphemistic," like Halloween. I find it especially strange that we would have very young children sometimes decorate themselves as if they were rotting corpses or skeletons - it is as if we actively abided having them mock copulation during <i>Valentine's Day</i>!

But if Halloween is no feature of life in Hungary, it surely is part of the experience of growing up in the United States. Thus I don't find Lisa's song as anomalously macabre as do you, Aron. And as I mentioned to you in private, in general I have felt Europeans of my "era" are more inclined to a pessimistic, even horrific <i>Weltanschauung</i> than Americans!

I will close by noting that if the theme of <i>Drôle de Creepie</I> is but mildly scary stuff meant to appeal to the impish delight of children, the opera in which Lisa danced circa age 7, <i>Le Songe de Médée</i> has a title which leaves me anxious. Google Translate tells me that in English, it means <i>Medea's Dream</i>. I remember how <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medea_(play)">Medea</a> seemed to hate getting cards on Mother's Day, and will leave it at that.

If you can't wait for Lisa to grow up, some might suggest you check out the twisted Alizée "clone" <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=146111&postcount=6">Melissa Mars</a>.

Mylène (in male drag) mentoring yet another protégé?<br>
<object width="340" height="285"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rSCBvu_kijo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1&showinfo= 0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rSCBvu_kijo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1&showinfo= 0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="340" height="285"></embed></object>
Old 04-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

.... well... she's no Alizee!
Old 04-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron14 View Post
I actually thought it was okay.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

Song isn't bad but the little-girl voice is really distracting. But I just don't like kids
Old 04-12-2010, 05:25 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

From the screenshot of the clip (this particular video is «nondisponsible sur mobile» or not available on mobile, I use youtube French, just like fb) it looks like nothing I would be interested in. Though honestly, I probbly would have not accepted Alizée if I had first seen the creepy doll people in PTB. Honestly, I might give her a chance, just like the terrible (according to half the people here), amazing (according to the other half) Melissa Mars. Really, could you guys get past her already? If she isn't that great, ignore her. If she is that great, go to her forum. I am so sick of the fighting concerning her. I have never heard her, but now I just don't want to in order to make sure I don't have to choose sides in that conflict. Either way, this 'Lisa' is no Alizée, but I don't know what she is. She could be better or worse. But I hardly want to find out, because if she gets popular, it will be another Alizéefan vs Marsfan fight. I just appreciate you guys showing me more music I could never find.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:31 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

wow... she's not really that good or into it, she looks like her family is making her do it when she really doesn't... thought I only watched about eight seconds so I may have missed the awesome ending with her riding an elephant strapped to a rocket flying into a volcano...

Does anybody else think the intro is VERY similar to another Mylène-produced video?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJWiEpYeEAk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pJWiEpYeEAk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>