Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: Favorite song on Une Enfant du Siecle?
Eden Eden 17 16.67%
Grand Central 12 11.76%
Limelight 4 3.92%
La Candida 5 4.90%
Les Collines 17 16.67%
14 Decembre 3 2.94%
A Coeur Fendre 10 9.80%
Factory Girl 10 9.80%
Une Fille Difficile 4 3.92%
Mes Fantomes 20 19.61%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2010, 09:57 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

My no know. But I really like seeing what people think of the albums. Of the songs. The songs are the best part of Alizée, so that is the most important part for me. Which means it is my favorite part to read people write about. I can't give the words for what her songs mean to me, so I read other people's. Not to use for myself, but for me to enjoy, and to try to notice the things other people point out about the songs themselves.
Old 04-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVVACCPLPNLY View Post
My no know.
I'm struggling to understand you mean here..?

I got the rest of it though.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:45 PM

'I don't know.' Being funny, but failed miserably...
Old 04-13-2010, 07:22 AM

another_alizee_fan is on a distinguished road

Although I really don't like the album as a whole.. I do somewhat like the song "Mes Fantomes," it's strangely haunting to me. I do know that this is a concept CD and that Alizee knows she's took a big risk so I wish her only good luck.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Draw Me A Sheep

Eldrick is on a distinguished road

Having lived with the album for a couple of weeks I honestly can't pick a favourite song , I just love it from beginning to end. From Alizee's career point of view, I just wish their were a couple more easily accessible tunes to appeal to the masses. To me, it seems to be and album for existing fans to love rather than to attract the millions of new fans she deserves. Just my opinion, what do you guys think?
Old 04-13-2010, 05:11 PM

Never really thought of it like that. Though, I don't believe Alizée is particularly interested in being as popular as mf. She seems to be very content with her fan following, but a few more would not be bad at all! I think if she were to be as big as mf, she would not be able to be as intimate with her fans as she is now. She is not the kind of artist who needs millions of fans to buy millions of her albums, she just likes to see her music perform well. And I am sure she appreciates the fans she has now, especially us internatonal ones. We support her as much if not more than France. She does deserve more fans, though, I agree with that. And the US is ripe for the picking!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrick View Post
Having lived with the album for a couple of weeks I honestly can't pick a favourite song , I just love it from beginning to end. From Alizee's career point of view, I just wish their were a couple more easily accessible tunes to appeal to the masses. To me, it seems to be and album for existing fans to love rather than to attract the millions of new fans she deserves. Just my opinion, what do you guys think?
I think a bit differently than you. To this, this album is definitely not aimed for her existing fans. I mean, it's just way too different than what her existing fans like her for.

I don't think she was aiming really high with this album either. Rather than trying to get back on top during the Moi...lolita craze, she seems more intent on just being successful with the new style.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Draw Me A Sheep

Eldrick is on a distinguished road

Yeah Wasabi, kinda follow you on this. All I was thinking is that UEDS isn't an easily accessible pop album like say MCE and that existing fans are more likely to accept Lili's new sound and roll with it. I know that's how I feel anyway
Old 04-13-2010, 05:43 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Many of her fans are fans of the old Alizee. So, this album is not aiming to impress them. She is exploring the kind of music she likes and is sharing that with us. Some of us will like that and some will not. She also knows this and is therefore, not aiming very high. As RMJ reported on AF, Sony published 40,000 copies of UEDS out of which 14,000 have been distributed in stores in France. Rest I think are for online orders and Mexico. Given that 80,000 copies were published initially for Pysch, clearly they are not expecting too much from UEDS. They are trying for a niche market and I think that is very clever. It is hard to erase the Lolita image from French minds. Further, I feel it is unrealistic to expect a Moi Lolita type success again. That was a once in a lifetime happening. I just hope that she and her record label make enough profit here so that we can have a next album
Old 04-13-2010, 05:43 PM

Oh, that makes more sense. I am kind of between the two of you, I know old fans (for the most part) have accepted ueds, judging from the fact this tread has more votes than my gourmandises thread. Though being as different as it is, even from psych, which was different enough, it would probably appeal to at least a few people who are not fans yet. If you like electro-pop, but not pop-pop, this album would be more for you. Also, has anybody noticed that in Fifty Sixty she says electro does not yet exist, but her next album happens to be electro? Think maybe that was a subliminal hint, seeing as both were about Edie? Just saying.