Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 04-17-2010, 11:44 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Wait so does the new book cover all eras MYGOGT or did you just order the Gourmandises,MCE,or Psych era one?
Ordered the 182 page book so we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Wait a minute, VVV. Your dad has a large collection of vinyl, but you've never been subjected to it?

And this would be the same dad that doesn't approve of mustangs?

I'm sorry, but somebody has to slip that guy some Ex-lax.

I mean, I've got about a thousand LP's, and I force my kids to listen to some of them at least a couple times a week! Stones, Zep, Who, Beatles, Clash, Doors... These kids gotta get educated! S"important!

So, VVV, either your dad starts playing you some records, or he must forfeit them all to me. Unless they're sucky.
I agree, put those mp3's away and break out the vinyl. Hiss and pop baby. And those aren't forms of music!
Oh yeah, I have two mustangs in the garage, a car and a plane(RC).
Old 04-18-2010, 08:20 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Well like I said, we have no working player. And most of it is old 70's country stuff. And yes, I know what you mean by hisses and pops. I would really like Alizée to be my first vnyl eperience.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Man I wish I could have got that box...I have never heard this so called "AMAZING SOUND QUALITY!!!" that comes from vinyls...is it really that good?
Old 04-19-2010, 06:31 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile "I'd bet my A** with STASS!" (sm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I can't comment on Alizée's personal approval of this book or not, but can vouch for it being legitimate and not a "bootleg" or anything like that...
Let me raise a related issue, without meaning to offend any person of good will. If you use online "price engines" to compare online retail offers of the IDENTICAL (same UPC) physical product by various firms, you will observe they do not always charge the same price.

Someone will always ask, how can this be? Is it simply because people are ignorant of all the alternatives, including the low-price champion? Doesn't it always make sense to award the sale to the lowest bidder?

No, it does not! What about shipping and handling? Is this a sales contract or a delivery contract, i.e. who bears the risk and delay of mishap? What are the charges for delivery? What is the return policy and tenure? Is there a re-stocking fee? Can you bundle the purchase of the item in question with other things you want or need now, and maybe save on billing and shipping costs? Will the item need upkeep like replacement parts, or even repairs, and what sort of help might a retailer or maker warranty provide? And yes, also, what is the chance that the item is a forgery, perhaps with security (e.g. malware), safety or medical fallout for the end-user which the genuine item does not present?

One could also raise my original posting question about whether fraud or theft was involved in creating the physical item one receives. Not only can one copy and reproduce digital files illicitly, one can also record them on media held in a forged proprietary container which supposedly authenticates the legitimacy of the contents. Which retailer does a more scrupulous job of acquiring inventory? (Yes, I know, obviously some consumers simply do not care.)

Alizée is taking part in the sale of <i>UEdS</i> stuff through multiple channels. The deluxe package was handled by Opendisc®. Institubes is selling a limited-edition picture vinyl disk. Giant retailers like Virgin and Amazon sell pedestrian disks and file downloads.

An interesting <i>Gedanken</i> experiment is this: What if one or more of these well-known purveyors ALSO agreed to sell the Fan-Made Alizée Reference Book at issue? How much more (if anything) could they charge for this item? Would some charge less because their order fulfillment process is so much more professional and efficient than the manufacturer's retailing arm? Indeed, a manufacturer often does better by outsourcing at least some part of the selling-chain process, because it lets him concentrates on his "core competency."

I suppose this is all just hypothetical, because the sales volume likely at issue falls far short of what it takes to justify creation of a new SKU.

All I know is that I can swear by STASS (Scruffy's Trans-Atlantic Signature Service.)
Old 04-19-2010, 06:32 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Man I wish I could have got that box...I have never heard this so called "AMAZING SOUND QUALITY!!!" that comes from vinyls...is it really that good?
My parents had a collection of sorts of classic latin music on vinyl, I remember listening to them when I was a kid because they would play them. I still remember liking the sound of them, and it was fun to move the needle to another place in the record and see if they noticed that the song changed
Old 04-19-2010, 11:00 PM

Man, not even my grandparents had a Vinyl Player I need to buy one!
Old 04-20-2010, 01:31 AM

rcs is on a distinguished road
Cool

It's especially nice if you have a good pair of speakers.

Alizee: Wowww!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:26 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Man, not even my grandparents had a Vinyl Player I need to buy one!
Lol, I never saw a Viny Player in my life. May be someday when I have her albums in Vinyls then I'll get one player too.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Lol, I never saw a Viny Player in my life. May be someday when I have her albums in Vinyls then I'll get one player too.
That's what I'll do once I get outta college, but once I get into college I'm buying a lot of Alizee posters
Old 04-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That's what I'll do once I get outta college, but once I get into college I'm buying a lot of Alizee posters
You and me think alike! lets annoy our roommate until we turn them into one of us!