Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 05-08-2010, 06:37 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Thanks Fall for sharing them! VAMOS MEXICO "Somos Guerreros!" Can't wait!, the day is almost here
Old 05-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Thanks Fall for sharing them! VAMOS MEXICO "Somos Guerreros!" Can't wait!, the day is almost here
I look forward to that first game! South Africa Vs Mexico!

Good to see you here again Srb
Old 05-11-2010, 06:43 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

I'm starting to think, because that cop was hoping that the US gets knocked out early, that we're gonna last a while. i'd like to see germany win it though. also, zidane makes me laugh every time i see his jersey.

Last edited by Människöpesten; 05-11-2010 at 06:47 PM..
Old 05-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

WORLD CUPPPPPPP!!

Love it. Not only is soccer the best sport in the world, but honestly, despite being just a simple soccer competition, it really does raise patriotism to a degree.

I remember being in Korea for the 2002 Fifa World Cup. I was never prouder of being Korean then I was back then. It was an epic Korean-high.

Interestingly enough, the World Cup is the only thing in which I'm not rooting for America. Anything else, like the Olympics or something, my heart goes out to those that bear the Stars and Stripes.. come the World Cup... and GO COREA!!!

Old 05-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Against The Current

I'm glad you're back Wasabi!! I'm also somehow supporting the Bafana Bafana this time around, and if you didn't watch the videos I posted, they are the South African soccer team. I wish them well, playing on their own turf and in Africa for the first time

Last edited by Fall; 05-15-2010 at 01:26 AM.. Reason: just realized that my post made no sense O.o
Old 05-15-2010, 01:14 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Fall, I couldn't bear to be away any longer.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:32 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

I want the US team to win of course but they just don't have the right style or skill set to get really far. The mentality here with every sport is "intensity", which is just a cover for lack of skill.

Yeah playing hard helps a lot but you see more than that outside the US. In Europe they have much better passing with better execution at every position, plus they think way ahead like in chess. In South America the game is prettier and you don't see bulked up guys trying to intimidate each other. What is lost in size and aggressiveness is made up in agility and ball control.

I'd like to see Argentina go far.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Against The Current

I remember that somebody suggested that we somehow pay for a Superbowl ad with something Lilly on it. I thought about that, and then I realized that the World Cup will be watched by billions of people. I think that it would be good if somehow we or the Lilly team could put up an ad during the halftime of the final or the opening ceremony on Univision which is how most will watch the games here in the US. Other than that, she could do an official song for the event, or something along those lines to extend the audience even further. I know this is the off topic but I felt like posting it on here
If anybody wishes to move it, then sure.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:55 PM
Against The Current

I thought I should post this here as well, since it is the official theme
I love the song
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMophHw6iX4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tMophHw6iX4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Tags
fifa, france, soccer