wow.... really tight-fitting legging...
who's complaining? not us
Old 05-19-2010, 01:33 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Yeah, I noticed *he says while trying to roll his tongue back up*
I knew the older men here thought dirty haha. But yah....it's....really tight....fitting....woh ahhahahaha

*Laptop levitates above lap* hahaha jk'n thats nasty
Old 05-19-2010, 01:36 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Well, now this gives the French permission to like Alizée, see.
And yeah, pepelepew, I was listening to the soundtrack to Grease on a record player when I was like 8, and my totally favorite song, which I heard on the radio, was Tears for Fears - Shout, but you are old!

You know, it's funny, when I was young, I didn't even know bands for the most part. I just knew songs that I liked. Actually, even now, I happened to remember this and through the magic of Google, I start typing in the lyrics and get the title and the band. Otherwise, I wouldn't even be able to tell you the band or know the name for sure. I wonder what that tells about how people relate to music. It's like there's someone out there who's favorite song is Moi... Lolita from when they were a kid, but they don't even know who sang the song. Actually, that's not likely considering Alizée was also very young and there was all the tv and internet and stuff even then. Surely any kid would have a better connection with the music than I did. I never used to own music, just listen to the radio. I guess I should admit, I taped some stuff off the radio eventually though, when I had that capability. Though, I don't remember ever making much use of that really.
My mud, trudge analogy was not intended as an insult,merely Alizee's struggle to sell albums in France. I love key lime pie and if Alizee were key lime pie there is a possibility that many people including many French just don't like key lime pie. I liked Tears for Fears music. They were a good pop band. I have never been a large collector of music either. I primarily listen to many different genre's of music on the radio.
I really hope the French and more Americans develop a taste for key lime pie.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:51 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I knew the older men here thought dirty haha. But yah....it's....really tight....fitting....woh ahhahahaha

*Laptop levitates above lap* hahaha jk'n thats nasty
See, now you just had to take it to the next level. That's the difference.

And I don't know about key lime pie, but I have developed a real taste for this album. Maybe it's partly because I really like singing along with songs and now I've learned some of them from this album and thus can engage with it more. Maybe a way to promote the album would be to develop a lesson plan around the songs to teach American (or other non-native) French students to sing the songs. I have had fantasies before of getting together child choirs at some local school and teaching them to sing some Alizée song or other (not Moi... Lolita! ) She has some really good songs that I'm sure would be really wonderful in choirs. Imagine sending a video of that to Alizée. How would that make her feel I wonder?

Well, in Mexico there are kids in school playing JEAM on violin and they did a full-on professional looking Mexican version music video of JEAM. There are lots of people (women) trying (however poorly) to imitate her dance. Some girl played JEAM while doing a sort of ball room looking dance for her quinceñera, etc.. Alizée, or 'son œuvre' in any case, has been honored in lots of ways there. I wonder how she really feels about that, or if she even realizes. Still, a bunch of kids singing one of her songs--I don't know, how about l'Effet just to be extra cute about it ...

Oh and @pepelpew, I was being sarcastic because of stuff people say about the style of the music not being mainstream. I.e. as soon Britney Spears does it, it's mainstream.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-19-2010, 03:26 PM

Fenris is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Supposedly, it is at concerts where musicians make their money, yet everyone who worked with Alizée is touring around and she's at home waiting for them to return. If she can't be a performing artist who will tour, what's left for her to do? I think the album is largely just an advertisement for concerts and concerts an opportunity to sell the album, but that's not how it has been for Alizée. Last time she released an album, remixes, music videos, special editions of singles, and did several tv shows... but no concert in France and sales were ok, but far from great.
I thought the same thing as i read her interview concerning the preparation of her concerts...one the one hand she said they will be "très bientôt", very soon, but a few lines later she said that she waits for Rob and CM to tour with her, and Rob is on his own tour until October and i higly doubt that he will immediatly start a new tour with Lili after this.
So, i found this very contradictory.

Imho she should not sit around waiting for others, there are enough good musicians out there to hire.
And about the state of TV, yeah it's pathetic. I can't even remember when i switched my TV on the last time. Reality shows for the braindead and nothing else.
Anyone remember her TV5 Acoustic appearance in 2008?
Something like this for the new album would be great.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
See, now you just had to take it to the next level. That's the difference.
We've been at that next level for a while now haha. But man she just looks so amazing She is still the only Key Lime Pie in the world that can sing, dance, and be a delicacy(Gourmandises Pun).
Old 05-19-2010, 04:45 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

I must say I'm surprised (pleasantly of course!!) at how well Alizée can still pull off the Lolita look
Old 05-19-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
I must say I'm surprised (pleasantly of course!!) at how well Alizée can still pull off the Lolita look
Oh man can she pull it off She had the Lolita face whenever she started the chorus each time(That naught school girl look). And she had the nice leggings and everything, oh, and those high heels

She can DEFINITELY pull off the Lolita look and probably will able to for a long time to come
Old 05-19-2010, 05:15 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Oh man can she pull it off She had the Lolita face whenever she started the chorus each time(That naught school girl look). And she had the nice leggings and everything, oh, and those high heels

She can DEFINITELY pull off the Lolita look and probably will able to for a long time to come
Aha all so true I really hope she does it more often when performing her old songs! I'd do anything to see her try a sexy version of J'en ai Marre again (without the dance and the costume of course.. that wouldn't feel right) but a sorta compromise between the original and the 2008 version Actually, the same would go for any of her early songs to be honest, I'm not gonna be picky!