Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-28-2010, 12:08 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The problem with Youtube is though just about every one who has internet access knows and has been to Youtube many times. The average person only finds out about her through accident, like the way I did, when I was searching for a Madonna song, I stumbled across Alizée's version of La Isla Bonita. So again you are only finding one or two new fans at a time. What happened in Mexico is, after finding out about Alizée, her new fans organized their efforts to spread the word. It certainly wasn't just because of Youtube.

There was mention of the possiblity of a concert in France in september. I seriously doubt there will be another concert in France. The French apparently don't like this album. They didn't like Psych. Why would they go to one of her concerts? What will happen in Mexico? If she doesn't put on a good showing there, she has nothing left. There will be no more albums.
scruffy. this.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:28 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
There was mention of the possiblity of a concert in France in september. I seriously doubt there will be another concert in France. The French apparently don't like this album. They didn't like Psych. Why would they go to one of her concerts? What will happen in Mexico? If she doesn't put on a good showing there, she has nothing left. There will be no more albums.

That's why I use the word "we" so much. Her best hope for any type of meaningful success is in this country. She doesn't have enough confidence in her chances of success here, so she probably will not try to promote anything here and will not try to come here. So what do "we" do? Do we just stand by and watch her career slowly come to an end, or do we try and do something about it?
Very well said Scruffy. I could not agree more with you that "we" have to do something to promote her in States. I also agree that we have to come up with a way that can attract attention of a large number of people. However, I do not feel that some advertisements on radio will help achieve that. First, given the cost factor, we can do it only once or twice. Second, given that it will be broadcast in a small city, I doubt that we will able to attract more than a handful of people.

If somehow, we can get some news/music channels to show something about her, that will attract a lot of eye balls. I know it is very difficult, especially for mainstream programs. But what about shows that showcase such things. For example, a 5-10 minute documentary on 60 minutes. They showed a documentary on my undergrad school in India. Why not Alizee?

What if we can have some billboards in LA as somebody suggested in a different thread. Even for one day it will attract a lot of people, probably, some news channels also.

Also, as I wrote earlier in this thread, what about newspaper ads?

Last edited by sumi1; 05-28-2010 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 05-28-2010, 07:10 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
She doesn't have enough confidence in her chances of success here, so she probably will not try to promote anything here and will not try to come here.
Lack of confidence of lack of caring?

Old 05-28-2010, 09:24 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I think she cares quite a bit. She said she wants to last, she wants to matter. A lot of people said she wanted to get away from the Moi lolita image yet we see her doing a recent performance of it. Why? Because she recognizes the new album isn't doing as well in France and she is trying her best to bring back the fans she had before. I think she would come here in a heart beat, if she wasn't worried about the sharks.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:02 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think she cares quite a bit. She said she wants to last, she wants to matter. A lot of people said she wanted to get away from the Moi lolita image yet we see her doing a recent performance of it. Why? Because she recognizes the new album isn't doing as well in France and she is trying her best to bring back the fans she had before. I think she would come here in a heart beat, if she wasn't worried about the sharks.
Right and as for the ML performance, if she was Mylène Farmer she probably would have turned it down. In fact, I have to think that Mylène was also asked to do a performance or would have been if they thought there was a chance that she'd do it. But, Alizée is not hugely popular like Mylène and she was asked to do the performance. Say what you want, but how would it look if she had turned down doing the performance? Maybe after some careful consideration one could see how it would be reasonable, but at least in the short run there probably would have been more yelling about her being arrogant and not caring about her career. So, she was probably in a no-win situation there, except for that 1) some people were quite happy that she did it and 2) she has always said that that song was special for her and she did or would (?) always perform it at concerts. So, for now there's still no reason to think that she actually has a problem with doing it even if one might think that she'd rather not just to maintain more consistency with her current image. Thus, perhaps she didn't really lose anything by doing it anyway and frankly, those who like what she does count for more than those don't because fans are there to enjoy what is done, not what is not done.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-28-2010, 10:44 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

This thread is moving a bt off topic, into more of a 'Would she make it in America?' topic. I suggest it be turned into its own thread. Good convo, but wrong place. On topic, however, I still believe La Isla Bonita is her best chance for popularity in the US. Englísh, recognizeable song, and her best English song of all.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Ditto, from the most loyal Madonna fan here. I still believe Alizée should cover another classic Madonna song and what would be better than Whos That Girl??? Not MULAN!!!!!!! But the 1987 release by Madonna. La Isla Bonita by Alizée would rock all coasts and if she did Like An Angel or Like A Princess or Like a Beauty Queen she would conquer the American charts for sure..... By a true blue Madonna fan.......by the way
Old 05-29-2010, 01:11 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I mentioned before I've been trying to find out how much it costs to advertise on the radio to see if it's doable thing. I contacted a couple of radio stations in Boston. Said "we" had $2,500.00 as an initial budget for what we wanted. One station called me back and the woman tried to say advertising oh their web site was probably the way to go. Said she'd work on some proposals over the week end and get back to me. She never did. I e-mailed another station and didn't hear back from them. So I assume that amount of money is a drop in the bucket to them.

So I figured I'd try some smaller cities. I contacted a station in Plymouth which advertises the music it plays as easy listening and is about 50 miles from me. I'll attach a copy of the letter. I also did a little research on college towns, which brought me to Iowa city Iowa. It's a small city with a large college population. I think it might be a perfect place for the ads. A station I contacted mostly plays classic hits.

This all just initially to find out costs. Once we know how much and how many, then we can see if it's feasable or not.

To Easy99.1.com, Plymouth
Dear Sir,
I'm part of a website called AlizéeAmerica. We'd like to get some information on placing some 30 second commercials on different stations in 2 or 3 parts of the country and would like to get some info on costs. We've done advertsing through posters, flyers, mailings etc, but this is the first time we've attempted anything on radio. I'm sure doing so with large stations in a big city would probably be well beyond our means, so we'd like to try stations in smaller cities that have a similar easy listening format like yours.
What we had in mind for our commercials was playing 30 seconds of some songs by the singer we represent, with the last 5 seconds fading out with a voice over saying "For more information on Alizée, go to AlizéeAmerica.com. I'll attach a link for a Youtube video I put together for what we had in mind. It has the music samples without the voice over.

As I mentioned, we haven't done this before and would really appreciate it you could give us some information on how many commercials some one would usually contract for, 10,20, 30? How much it costs for time during the afternoon as opposed to in the middle of the night. We had in mind, roughly $2,500.00 for what we wanted. Is this a drop in the bucket of what it would take. Research we've tried to do on the internet is terribly confusing.
We would deeply appreciate any information or insight you could give us

To Fox radio Iowa
Dear Joni,
I'm part of a website called AlizéeAmerica. We'd like to get some information on placing some 30 second commercials on different stations in 2 or 3 parts of the country and would like to get some info on costs. We've done advertsing through posters, flyers, mailings etc, but this is the first time we've attempted anything on radio. I'm sure doing so with large stations in a big city would probably be well beyond our means, so we'd like to try stations in smaller cities. A member who used to live there said it would be a great choice because of it's size, plus it's college population. .
What we had in mind for our commercials was playing 30 seconds of some songs by the singer we represent, with the last 5 seconds fading out with a voice over saying "For more information on Alizée, go to AlizéeAmerica.com. I'll attach a link for a Youtube video I put together for what we had in mind. It has the music samples without the voice over.

As I mentioned, we haven't done this before and would really appreciate it you could give us some information on how many commercials some one would usually contract for, 10,20, 30? How much it costs for time during the afternoon as opposed to in the middle of the night. We had in mind, roughly $2,500.00 for what we wanted. Is this a drop in the bucket of what it would take. Research we've tried to do on the internet is terribly confusing.
We would deeply appreciate any information or insight you could give us.

Of course if any thing were to come of this, I'd have to get the okay from Ben to do something like this. He had asked me to be a part of the promotion team and I had said I'd like to be part of it, but as of now, it's not a sealed deal. I think it be okay with him for me to just get some preliminary info before actually doing any thing concrete.

I did a little ad-libibng I'd guess you'd call it, in my letters to suit the particular purpose

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-29-2010 at 01:15 PM..
Old 05-29-2010, 07:05 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Well, at the very least, it's cool that you are getting info and learning about the process of promotion.

Merci Fanny
Old 05-29-2010, 08:03 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I think these letters look great. And the vids were good too. But we should give them more info about her. Like that she was the best selling female French artist of 2001. And she has like the most successful French single ever (corretc that if need be). Gíve them numbers to work with. Statistics sell.