Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 07-06-2010, 02:35 AM
Félicité

Cubeface is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
I even get scared when somebody touches my Ipod...

I have a small story about something like that, to some people I would definitely rather keep Alizée to myself about.

My wallpaper on my phone, is obviously, Alizée. I was hanging out with my friends at lunch one day, and a few of them are girls. They don't know a thing about my love of Alizée in anyway. One of them took my phone and nearly looked at it. It was sooo close, before I grabbed it and put it in my pocket. Luckily she didn't think a thing of it, but man it was close...

I can't even imagine what would have happened if she saw it. She would give me so much crap about it. So, now I keep my phone very close and don't let anyone see it.

Happens all the time

Last edited by Cubeface; 07-06-2010 at 05:10 AM..
Old 07-06-2010, 05:56 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

My family doesn't know about my 'fascination' with Alizée, but a few of my friends do. They tease me about it from time to time, but it doesn't really bother me, I did make it very clear from the beginning though, that the minute they make any off-color remarks, is the minute they cross the line.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:05 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimes View Post
but you cant convert punk and metalheads.
From my experience "metalheads" tend to be more open to music outside the genre than fans of other genres. If not open they tend to be more understanding for some reason or another.

Regards,

Jung

Old 07-06-2010, 07:09 AM

C-4 is on a distinguished road

I've let it be known to my friends and family that I like Alizée, her music and France. This has been going on for about 6 years now.

At first, my wife, who is a really great singer, made fun of me, along with my band. They don't do that anymore. They accept that I like her and the music, and anything French.

I've got them all watching the Tour de France now every day that it is on, and when any other French related thing comes on, they all get interested in it.

If they didn't, it would not alter my feelings one way or the other. It is what it is and that's the way it is going to stay.

My band used to give me grief about it. Now, they announce me with a French name on stage rather then my real name. It all takes time, but when they see that you are not changing your feelings about Alizée to please them, they start to respect the fact that you like her, and the music.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:31 AM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Most of my close friends understand and appreciate why I love her and her music (some of them are even close to reaching my level of devotion ), but usually when I try and introduce her to people I'm not that close to they dismiss her as "some shit eurotrash" before even listening to a single song. Yes, the closed-mindedness of these people is extremely irritating, but every now and then I come across someone who, completely out of the blue, adores her upon first listen. That's more than enough of a reward for all those times I've heard her put down by people I try to introduce her to.

An incident like that happened only a few weeks ago, when I was at home with a friend of mine who'd never really appreciated Alizée's music. He wasn't rude about her because he was a good friend and he knew better haha , but he'd never really liked her. And then I put Les Collines on and he immediately asked me who sings it because he loved it so much! When I said "Alizée" he was a more than a little surprised, but asked to hear all of UEDS, and ended up borrowing it off me. He's the first person I've ever met who doesn't really care for the first three albums but is totally in love with UEDS. Weird but cool.

Just out of interest, who else loves it when girls you know become Alizée fans upon you introducing them to her? I'm talking about being a proper fan, not just the tolerating her to humour you thing that a lot of girls I know do. I think it's amazingly cool, but also extremely rare haha.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Bring me the Trade Wind! =D

Uroboros is on a distinguished road

Yeah, this happens a lot to me too. Especially because I live in a country where she's not well known. Whenever a friend of mine comes to bother me for me being a fan of Alizée, I just ask them: "Are you the one who pay my bills? I don't think so, so gimme a break, I listen what I want to". It works most of the times

I too lead a lot of my conversations to Alizée. Sometimes I realize that I'm being boring, then I stop talking about her. But those assholes lead the conversation to her when they're talking to me, then I can't resist!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:14 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

For me its been five years, six months and still going strong.

Rictor at least your stalking someone with some class.

Could you imagine how tough it would be on you if your family were making fun of your stalking Britney, Lindsey, Milely, Paris or Lady Gag me.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:01 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
For me its been five years, six months and still going strong.

Rictor at least your stalking someone with some class.

Could you imagine how tough it would be on you if your family were making fun of your stalking Britney, Lindsey, Milely, Paris or Lady Gag me.
You make a good point here. And I think that's why most of us love her - because she has CLASS. As mentioned before, some of us generally listen to heavy metal and I can't imagine any of us being into Britney or any of these other clowns.

Paris is a sex tape making scumbag who garnered way too much media attention for the dumb crap that she pulled a few years back. I used to have to change channels whenever there was something on TV about these kinds of people. Hell, I don't even really watch TV anymore as a result of it. As Chino from Deftones would say, "Hey vanity....this vial's empty. So are you."

But Alizée? is REAL. Alizée is the OPPOSITE of every slutty glamour whore American celebrity out there. For a while, I wasn't sure what kind of woman I wanted. I knew I wanted someone nice and someone who was different from all these arrogant little jerks I've met in NYC. When I discovered Alizée, something within me just clicked. I realized: THIS is the kind of woman I want to be with. Someone who cares about others, someone who is honest, loyal, GENUINELY sweet and beautiful inside and out.

Alizée is the Queen.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:21 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Here's a good example. I have pictures of Alizée on my facebook profile, as well as all the members of Kara and SNSD (two Korean pop groups). I cycle through Alizée and the different members of those groups as my profile picture just about every day. And I constantly get negative comments for it. My cousin is in ROTC and has been apparently brainwashed to think no country is worth living besides the US, so yu can imagine his reaction to my adoration of girls from France and Korea (north or south is irrelevant to him). Going down the list:
On a picture of Alizée's nose scrunch: 'What is this?... This is stupid...'
On Taeyeon (leader of SNSD): 'Who is she? Why have her pic?'
On Nicole (member of Kara): 'I didn't know you were a little Asian girl!'
On Sunghee (Kara): 'She looks like she was in LOTR lol'
On the whole album: 'This is creepy... Ur a stalker...'
All those said by different people. So yeah, it's common. Everyone is dfferent. If people hate, let them who gives a flying cheese?
Old 07-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

well bottom line, we all get "shit" from it but hey, who gives a "shit"! ignore the comments, not your friends if they're only messing with you. I get that stuff all the time. just keep your head up and be proud that you're one of the many fans out there and you will never be the only one.

so welcome aboard and as I always say to newbies, VISIT THE CHATBOX!!!!!