Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 07-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbel View Post
Hello !

I'm a French girl who likes Alizée very much since « moi... Lolita ». I saw your american fan-club on French TV (« Accès Privé » I think), so I thought it would be great for me to go here and « meet » you ;-).
Well, I would be very happy to discuss in English about Alizée, but not only about her, in this forum or by letters (I will love to have penpals) or e-mails/private messages.
I must introduce myself a little more : I'm 26 and I live in Tours, in France. It's near the « châteaux de la Loire », a lot of castles. I wasn't born in Tours, I was born in Lyon, one of the biggest French city, that I left a few years ago.
I have two jobs. The first job is my passion : I'm a writer. My first novel will be published soon. I'm writing a second novel, about Queen Elizabeth of England. It may seem to be boring, but she had an incredible story I assure you;-). Maybe you know this queen, in fact I discovered her thanks to a film with Cate Blanchett. She was a very powerful and impressive woman.
I'm a literary private teacher, too. I help pupils and students to have better results. My bosses are the parents.
Otherwise, I'm married and likes a lot of things like reading, drawing, walking in nature...

I love Alizée's last album, « Une enfant du siècle ». I hope she will organize a Tour in France and come in Tours.

« Read » you soon ;-).

Lizbel

P.S. : don't hesitate to tell me the mistakes I made, please.

OH.MY.GOD.

You saw us on TV?!? That is so epically full of awesome sauce!!!

I'm very late in saying this, but hey! Welcome to the forum! I'm glad to see that we've got some publicity now!!

It's cool that you're a writer! There's another writer here on the forum too, Deepwaters I think, you should talk to him.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:22 AM

Lizbel is on a distinguished road

Thank you.:-) Yes, because of summer there are "rediffusions" (old programs) on French Tv, so I saw Alizée signing albums for American fans.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:42 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
In France or even in Mexico, she currently has no success but I hope she will make a big hit one day, like "Moi... Lolita" was (but in another style of course).
oh she still has a big fanbase in mexico (really amazing fans!) and they also play Les Collines in the radio and TV .. but it would be better for Alizée to start some Promo over in mexico and giving concerts it would help a lot...

and welcome Lizbel to the forum! and I always thought most french people are a bit scared to talk english... I don't want insult you please don't get me wrong!

regards from Germany

Jenny
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 07-18-2010, 06:44 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post
oh she still has a big fanbase in mexico (really amazing fans!) and they also play Les Collines in the radio and TV .. but it would be better for Alizée to start some Promo over in mexico and giving concerts it would help a lot...
Yeah, what a pity. On one hand you can listen to her songs on radio in Mexico many times and on the other hand French radio won't play those.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hello !

I'm a French girl who likes Alizée very much since « moi... Lolita ». I saw your american fan-club on French TV (« Accès Privé » I think), so I thought it would be great for me to go here and « meet » you ;-).
Well, I would be very happy to discuss in English about Alizée, but not only about her, in this forum or by letters (I will love to have penpals) or e-mails/private messages.
I must introduce myself a little more : I'm 26 and I live in Tours, in France. It's near the « châteaux de la Loire », a lot of castles. I wasn't born in Tours, I was born in Lyon, one of the biggest French city, that I left a few years ago.
I have two jobs. The first job is my passion : I'm a writer. My first novel will be published soon. I'm writing a second novel, about Queen Elizabeth of England. It may seem to be boring, but she had an incredible story I assure you;-). Maybe you know this queen, in fact I discovered her thanks to a film with Cate Blanchett. She was a very powerful and impressive woman.
I'm a literary private teacher, too. I help pupils and students to have better results. My bosses are the parents.
Otherwise, I'm married and likes a lot of things like reading, drawing, walking in nature...

I love Alizée's last album, « Une enfant du siècle ». I hope she will organize a Tour in France and come in Tours.

« Read » you soon ;-).

Lizbel

P.S. : don't hesitate to tell me the mistakes I made, please.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Félicité

Cubeface is on a distinguished road

To anyone new, who may read this. I'm also quite new here. Only joined like 3 months ago. This is a very friendly community, so enjoy yourself. Check up on the Chatbox (Quick links tab at the top) and have fun.

Happens all the time

Old 07-18-2010, 11:43 AM

Ok, thanks for this information HRO87, so I'm happy for her if she still has a lot of fans in Mexico, it's very important for her to be supported , but it's a pity that she has not that support in her own country !

I like writing and talking in English, but France is a country very close to his own language and people are generally not well-at-ease with other tongues because, at school, we learn English as we learn latin (I'm exagerating, but the fact is that there is almost not spoken English, it's almost only writing, so it doesn't help when we must to talk with foreigners...).

Last edited by Lizbel; 07-18-2010 at 05:27 PM..
Old 07-18-2010, 12:30 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Well, other than a few little things with how you write (not incorrect, just slightly different than a native English speaker from USA or UK), you are doing well. Don't feel bad. And remember, google traslator is a bit inaccurate sometimes. I say trust your instincts. Go with what you feel is correct. Ask any os us here if you need help with anything.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ok, thanks for this information HRO87, so I'm happy for her if she still has a lot of fans in Mexico, it's very important for her to be supported , but it's a pity that she has not that support in her own country !

I like write and talk in English, but France is a country very close to his own language and people are generally not well-at-ease with other tongues because, at school, we learn English as we learn latin (I'm exagerating, but the fact is that there is almost not spoken English, it's almost only writing, so it doesn't help when we must to talk with foreigners...).
A very similar situation in Korea. They can't speak it for beans, but when it comes to vocabulary and grammar.. they've got me completely beat.
One of my taekwondo Masters studied English in Korea, and while he can speak it, but his vocab was off the charts. I thought that he had eaten and absorbed the dictionary into his being.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:38 PM

Thank you for your encouragement :-). Well, I know that my English isn't the same that the English of a native speaker, it's because of the way I learned it, as I explained you in my precedent message, and maybe because I don't use to express myself in English, it may seem too "french" in its structure ;-)... So, with the time, it will be better and better. More natural. And don't worry, I don't trust in Google traduction ;-). I follow my intuition and only after I verify.

I have a question : do you think that Alizée's accent is good in English ? Some critics say that it's awful, but I don't think it's so terrible. And, another question ^^ : what do you think of the english songs' lyrics ('I'm not twenty", "Limelight"...).

Tags
alizée gifs