Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Un fan depuis 2000

juzzzsss is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the 300 views already.
Feel free to post the interview on other sites.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Thanks juzzzsss for the translation !

I always assumed she knew English back then and obviously she can probably speak it well by now . Also guessing now that is one of the reasons Moi Lolita wasn't made into an English version . All though i have also read the translation would not work well and think they thought it may not be a politically correct song for the USA market . Also realize she could learn enough to sing a song easily just maybe that was a factor .

By the way someone was also looking for help in translation here -
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5803

Almost forgot what this topic was about -
Amsterdam , definitely one of her finest performances and i LOVE the very short hairstyle . As far as is she singing live the whole time here is my guess . Obviously as pointed out by others you can hear her singing in the start but then drops off a bit .
Which if you take notice is right after the LOUD air horn someone blows off . Odd to me the engineers didn't edit that out or make it lower afterwards but perhaps it adds to the ambience of being live or something so was left in . Now i think even though she is a wave , point , smile performer she points to the horn blower direction like no no no and/or soundboard operator to adjust her mic . Regardless if so or not anyway you can hear her singing along with the track just her volume was adjusted during or after the performance at the air horn point . You can also hear the horn blow at the end . Wanted to point that out and say any concert goer please don't bring an air horn .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaz View Post
ML @ Amsterdam > all other videos
I agree but Tapis Rouge and Le Grand Soir are pretty close .

Last edited by alizeefan; 08-08-2010 at 03:13 AM..
Old 08-08-2010, 04:01 AM
On a hiatus break

Aayush is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Seraph View Post
Alizee has a sweet concert in Amesterdam - I think it would be a great addition to our current Alizee video collection.
Can we have the dates please ?
Old 08-08-2010, 05:43 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aayush View Post
Date : 30th April 2001 and it was not a concert.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Un fan depuis 2000

juzzzsss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aayush View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Date : 30th April 2001 and it was not a concert.
Maybe he is talking about this perfomance:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jEFZ9DD3nOk&amp;hl=nl_NL&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jEFZ9DD3nOk&amp;hl=nl_NL&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I didn't upload it in HD but somehow it is available in HD.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Merci Alizée

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzzzsss View Post
Maybe he is talking about this perfomance:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jEFZ9DD3nOk&amp;hl=nl_NL&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jEFZ9DD3nOk&amp;hl=nl_NL&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I didn't upload it in HD but somehow it is available in HD.
Nah, he was not talking about that one. Anyways the above video in best quality : http://www.mediafire.com/?doduz3idlmk
Old 08-08-2010, 12:03 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I was just watching this interview again, by the way, thanks juzzzsss for the translation and late in the interview when Alizée was talking about Madonna, she mentioned Madonna was going to be doing a concert in Paris in june and she hoped to go.

I looked it up and Madonna actually performed 4 concerts there in the last week of that month and checking Alizée's history, it looked like she wasn't that busy at the time. I wonder if she did go? I'm inclined to think she probably didn't. IF she went, I'm sure the people in the industry would have wanted the 2 to meet each other and if that had happened, I'm sure we would have heard about it.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-08-2010 at 12:35 PM..
Old 08-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I looked it up and Madonna actually performed 4 concerts there in the last week of that month and checking Alizée's history, it looked like she wasn't that busy at the time. I wonder if she did go? I'm inclined to think she probably didn't. IF she went, I'm sure the people in the industry would have wanted the 2 to meet each other and if that had happened, I'm sure we would have heard about it.
Wow....that is quite interesting right there.

The one thing I will ask her once I meet her is, "Have you met up with Madonna?". Cause no one really knows and it is very possible she has met up with her.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I was just watching this interview again, by the way, thanks juzzzsss for the translation and late in the interview when Alizée was talking about Madonna, she mentioned Madonna was going to be doing a concert in Paris in june and she hoped to go.

It is for me without a doubt they already have met and know each other ,
First bit of evidence is they both live in France , second the Like A Virgin
album cover which Alizee reproduced . Most likely that was with permission .
As well i would bet Madonna inspired her to do that . Add on to that Alizee doing
cover of Madonna songs definitely was with permission . Not to say they would need to meet
to obtain permission but most likely a meeting and personal phone calls took place .
Now i know i have read that Madonna was an inspiration for Alizee as well that Madonna felt Alizee was much like herself being a " phénomène " .
I could swear that i read somewhere that when they did meet long ago Madonna was a bit nervous about her French due to the varying dialects but it all worked out fine . After a search of my Alizee articles messy folder i could not find anything . Also i have seen an article but it is in Russian about Assol who is a Ukrainian singer - see my sig and avatar picture for who she is , anyway in the article Assol had met with some industry types at some meeting where she was studying music and at the event was Alizee and Madonna as well the respective production teams .

Wether or not Alizee went to one of her concerts one can only speculate but
i would guess the answer is yes they both have seen each other perform live more than once . After all both being artists it is probably what they like to do going to concerts , meeting with peers and the like .

Last edited by alizeefan; 08-08-2010 at 03:08 PM..
Old 08-08-2010, 06:29 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Wow....that is quite interesting right there.

The one thing I will ask her once I meet her is, "Have you met up with Madonna?". Cause no one really knows and it is very possible she has met up with her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizeefan View Post
It is for me without a doubt they already have met and know each other ,
First bit of evidence is they both live in France , second the Like A Virgin
album cover which Alizee reproduced . Most likely that was with permission .
As well i would bet Madonna inspired her to do that . Add on to that Alizee doing
cover of Madonna songs definitely was with permission . Not to say they would need to meet
to obtain permission but most likely a meeting and personal phone calls took place .
Now i know i have read that Madonna was an inspiration for Alizee as well that Madonna felt Alizee was much like herself being a " phénomène " .
I could swear that i read somewhere that when they did meet long ago Madonna was a bit nervous about her French due to the varying dialects but it all worked out fine . After a search of my Alizee articles messy folder i could not find anything . Also i have seen an article but it is in Russian about Assol who is a Ukrainian singer - see my sig and avatar picture for who she is , anyway in the article Assol had met with some industry types at some meeting where she was studying music and at the event was Alizee and Madonna as well the respective production teams .

Wether or not Alizee went to one of her concerts one can only speculate but
i would guess the answer is yes they both have seen each other perform live more than once . After all both being artists it is probably what they like to do going to concerts , meeting with peers and the like .
I'm sure I heard somewhere that Mylène and Madonna knew were friends or at least knew each other professionally. If that is true then there's certainly a possibility that Madonna met Alizée through her connections with Mylène, or at least heard some of her music.

Last edited by babyblue558; 08-08-2010 at 08:02 PM..