Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Why need ?

Maybe if you'd live outside city. But if you live in Ajaccio, then why the need for car ?
As nice as Ajaccio is, it's still fairly small, so you can't spend all your time there. Besides, from what we've seen in clips like Passengers, she does appear to have lived outside downtown proper, perhaps along the Route des Sanguinaires. You can sail into town from there, but point is that if you live in Corsica, sooner or later you'll need or want to travel inland, and for that you'll have to have an auto. The public transpiration is infamously poor and confusing, with only one rickety train line, and different companies running each bus route. So it's car country, everyone has one. Hence why I say she may have picked up that mentality.

Last edited by Ben; 11-21-2006 at 12:18 PM..
Old 11-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Well, maybe she would need if she'd live outside the town. But even going inland doesn't mean you need to have a car. You can always ask some friend.

Beside, she lives in Paris now.

Most people here has car, too. But you can easily survive without one. Me for example, I got no plans to get one.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:24 PM
Century Child

Right, but I wasn't saying she has to have one. The fact is that Corsica is a heavily car owning society, moreso than much of Europe, because the need for one is fairly high. So that lifestyle/philosophy may have rubbed off on her.

Last edited by Ben; 11-21-2006 at 12:29 PM..
Old 11-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Banned

Well, it still doesn't mean that she needs to have even drivers license. I won't believe it before I see her driving a car or scan of her license.

But yea, we really don't know if she has license or not. Maybe we'll find that out in forthcoming interviews.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Century Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Well, it still doesn't mean that she needs to have even drivers license. I won't believe it before I see her driving a car or scan of her license.
Or one could say they won't believe that she doesn't drive until they know for sure. But again, I wasn't trying to say that. I was just saying that if we're gonna look at the attitude of the French/Europeans toward cars as we were on the previous pages, then it's important to note that Alizée comes from a place that's a bit of an exception.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:51 PM

maareek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Or one could say they won't believe that she doesn't drive until they know for sure. But again, I wasn't trying to say that. I was just saying that if we're gonna look at the attitude of the French/Europeans toward cars as we were on the previous pages, then it's important to note that Alizée comes from a place that's a bit of an exception.
I'm actually surprised you're still reiterating this. I think most of us understood what you were saying, but RMJ, in his usual style, wants to argue with you about it. I think that's what makes him interesting, he'll argue anything for long periods of time for seemingly no reason. ;p

Oh, and the fact that he seems to know everything there is to know about Alizée, but who here is interested in that, anyway? ;p
Old 11-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Century Child

Oh believe me, maareek, I know RMJ's style.
Which is why I can't let him have the last word when I'm so right.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well, I don't see it that different. Like said, here basically everyone has car, too, but still some decides not to get one because it's not something you need to survive in your life. You can look us too as an exception: one of the biggest country in europe with one of the lowest population. That means that distances becomes huge and one might consider car to be the only way to survive in this urban jungle. But it isn't so.

So, you really can't assume her to fancy cars because she just happened to be born on Corsica. Maybe there's no gasoline on her veins after all.

And what comes to that proving that she does not drive... Well... It's just silly. If no-one has seen her driving, ain't that quite clear evidence of her not to drive ? Atleast it's highly more likely that she doesn't drive since seeing her not driving is highly more common than seeing her driving.

But who knows... Maybe she has license nowadays... She had few years vacation so she have had time to take the lessons. Atleast if she did it before child's birth.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:13 PM

maareek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh believe me, maareek, I know RMJ's style.
Which is why I can't let him have the last word when I'm so right.
Haha, I understand your sentiment. But you won't win. ;p
Old 11-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Banned

Pfft... He won me last night... but only because he tricked me to say something against myself !