Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Finland ftw.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:41 AM
Mancandy

The Gate Keeper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
Finland ftw.
Yes some of my favorite things in the world come from finland. Like Nightwish.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gate Keeper View Post
Yes some of my favorite things in the world come from finland. Like Nightwish.
Out of the songs I've heard from them, I've only liked Planet Hell :/
Old 08-15-2010, 05:01 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

I'm more partial to Sweden, on the sole point of Ikea.

I friggin love Ikea. Frickin' showrooms and play-lands and foot court. Everything in that building is awesome. A flat-pack desk with it's own allen wrench included? I'll take three. And I enjoy how small the hotdogs are, it just gives me an excuse to order 9 of them

- As of this post, there are only 70 weeks, 2 days, 6 hours, and 59 minutes until Ikea opens in Colorado
Old 08-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post

I friggin love Ikea. Frickin' showrooms and play-lands and foot court. Everything in that building is awesome. A flat-pack desk with it's own allen wrench included? I'll take three. And I enjoy how small the hotdogs are, it just gives me an excuse to order 9 of them

- As of this post, there are only 70 weeks, 2 days, 6 hours, and 59 minutes until Ikea opens in Colorado

Holy christ, Ikea has all that? I've never been in one before, I'm gonna have to hitch a ride to the one in Huntsville today.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 08-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Recline yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Holy christ, Ikea has all that? I've never been in one before, I'm gonna have to hitch a ride to the one in Huntsville today.
Oh my god... it's like Disneyland for old people.

First of all, the building is the size of like... 17 walmarts. They're giant, blue, and gold, and can be seen more easily from space than the Great Wall. You go in, and you walk around their showroom. Their showroom is like a bunch of TV sets, like "oh hurf durf here's a living room furnished with a futon and a birch coffee table, tv stand, and cantilever shelf", and the best part... YOU CAN GO IN THEM AND PRETEND TO LIVE THERE FOR 4 MINUTES!!! Then you move on to the next 'scene' and "hurf smurfin here's a kitchen with dark granite counters completely stocked with everything from Ikea pots'n'pans, silverware, glassware, and various linens and decor. It makes food network shows look like hotdog stalls.

All the while, anything you like, you've been writing down their ID number on your Ikea notepad with your Ikea pencil. When you're all finished, you have to go find your stuff yourself. You walk into this big room that literally looks like the big crate room at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Then with your little flat-bed cart thing, you go get your nineteen flat-packed Ikea mahogany bed frames and twenty-three sets of children's towels with embroidered frogs n' shit on the and go pay. The hardest part about Ikea is trying to push that 3-ton cart to the register.

And when it's all done, you can't resist trying to absorb some culture so you have to go buy some Ikea Swedish Meatballs (just frozen pieces of crap they threw in the microwave and sold to your for $6.50). Then when you finish and go to your car, you find that you spent 16 hours at Ikea.

Day well spent.

Edit:

I seriously considered for my 12 birthday just having one of my parents take me to Ikea so I could just walk around

Last edited by user472884; 08-15-2010 at 12:44 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-15-2010, 11:01 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gate Keeper View Post
Finnish Lance Corporal Simo Häyhä, aka "Valkoinen Kuolema" (White Death) was a sniper during the Winter War is credited with killing up to 505 Soviet soldiers using a SAKO m/30-52 (Pystykorva) and iron sights.
A fine marksman using a fine rifle in a fine caliber. The 7.62X54R is still the standard sniper round for the Russian military actually and has been in service since 1891.

Regards,

Jung

Old 08-15-2010, 11:59 PM
Mancandy

The Gate Keeper is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I feel this appropriate

Last edited by The Gate Keeper; 08-16-2010 at 12:00 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-16-2010, 12:30 AM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oh my god... it's like Disneyland for old people.

First of all, the building is the size of like... 17 walmarts. They're giant, blue, and gold, and can be seen more easily from space than the Great Wall. You go in, and you walk around their showroom. Their showroom is like a bunch of TV sets, like "oh hurf durf here's a living room furnished with a futon and a birch coffee table, tv stand, and cantilever shelf", and the best part... YOU CAN GO IN THEM AND PRETEND TO LIVE THERE FOR 4 MINUTES!!! Then you move on to the next 'scene' and "hurf smurfin here's a kitchen with dark granite counters completely stocked with everything from Ikea pots'n'pans, silverware, glassware, and various linens and decor. It makes food network shows look like hotdog stalls.

All the while, anything you like, you've been writing down their ID number on your Ikea notepad with your Ikea pencil. When you're all finished, you have to go find your stuff yourself. You walk into this big room that literally looks like the big crate room at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Then with your little flat-bed cart thing, you go get your nineteen flat-packed Ikea mahogany bed frames and twenty-three sets of children's towels with embroidered frogs n' shit on the and go pay. The hardest part about Ikea is trying to push that 3-ton cart to the register.

And when it's all done, you can't resist trying to absorb some culture so you have to go buy some Ikea Swedish Meatballs (just frozen pieces of crap they threw in the microwave and sold to your for $6.50). Then when you finish and go to your car, you find that you spent 16 hours at Ikea.

Day well spent.

Edit:

I seriously considered for my 12 birthday just having one of my parents take me to Ikea so I could just walk around
Ahahaha Jalen, BEST BIRTHDAY EVER! I unno when I was a kid I used to love going to this carpet store and playing hide and seek with my brother and sister, but then the guy kicked us out and told my mom she couldnt come back with us...needless to say we never went back again
Old 08-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Recline yourself

They could host the freaking Superbowl at an Ikea... it'd only take up half an isle of the warehouse.

I don't even know where the nearest Ikea is...

I think for my birthday all I'm going to do is order 16 crunch wraps from Taco Bell, and dick around with the little things I'm going to get.

Not quite as awesome as spending time in Ikea, but it'll have to do.

Tags
random facts