Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Sweeeeeet!
Happy someone filled the singing slot this year around ^^

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 08-21-2010, 12:48 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Very nice, Rictor! I applaud you for just singing, recording it, and putting it out there. For a lot of people, that would be tough, like myself, especially when most people are very self conscious about their singing voices. I didn't think you were bad at all.

Really good song choice too. I enjoyed it. Not sure if anyone has noticed, but I have been very inactive these last two weeks. I had been about 5 hours away from home and I've been pretty busy. All of this has prevented me from getting my present to Alizée together like I wanted to . I have also not been able to listen to Alizée hardly at all . Now that I am back and things are starting to get better with my shcedule and things, I will finally be able to run through all her songs, get caught up here on the forums, get on here regularly again, and get started on creating a very nice piece of art to somewhat make up for not being able to get anything done before her birthday. In not being able to have a lot of "Alizée time" these last two weeks, with not hearing her wonderful voice in her songs and not being able to log onto AAm much, I really enjoyed coming back and listening to this.

Great job, Rictor! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Alizée!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
Very nice, Rictor! I applaud you for just singing, recording it, and putting it out there. For a lot of people, that would be tough, like myself, especially when most people are very self conscious about their singing voices. I didn't think you were bad at all.

Really good song choice too. I enjoyed it. Not sure if anyone has noticed, but I have been very inactive these last two weeks. I had been about 5 hours away from home and I've been pretty busy. All of this has prevented me from getting my present to Alizée together like I wanted to . I have also not been able to listen to Alizée hardly at all . Now that I am back and things are starting to get better with my shcedule and things, I will finally be able to run through all her songs, get caught up here on the forums, get on here regularly again, and get started on creating a very nice piece of art to somewhat make up for not being able to get anything done before her birthday. In not being able to have a lot of "Alizée time" these last two weeks, with not hearing her wonderful voice in her songs and not being able to log onto AAm much, I really enjoyed coming back and listening to this.

Great job, Rictor! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Alizée!!!
Good to have you back AI, we missed you .

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 08-22-2010, 02:13 AM

bbk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rictor View Post
Since it is princess Alizée's birthday, I figured my post might as well be a positive one dedicated to her instead of like my previous negative one. So this is what I'm giving her for her birthday - I did a cover of Radiohead's "Creep" and recorded it. I threw this all together using some crappy software I found online since I'm not tech savvy enough to do otherwise. I subsequently uploaded it to youtube. (I didn't even have a youtube account prior to this, so I made one solely for this purpose...I even put Alizée's birthday as my own hehe).

I chose this song because docdtv's posts in the past about unrequited love really stuck to me and reminded me of how I felt about her when I first discovered her. And on top of that, some of you might remember that Alizée's playlist on Goom Radio did in fact have a few Radiohead songs, albeit not this one specifically. If you are unfamiliar with this song or would like to hear what it's SUPPOSED to sound like, feel free to look up Radiohead's "Creep" on youtube or elsewhere before listening to my butchered version of it. I also decided to go with the CLEAN version instead of the dirty one since it's her birthday.

So anyway, here's my version. My voice is too deep to hit certain notes, so I had to go an octave lower. Hahaha. This is probably the most fun I've ever had preparing a present for anyone. Crank up the volume and bear with me

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lxlZtT5HWKs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lxlZtT5HWKs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And here's the direct link as well:

For comparison; the real thing from Radiohead:

I think after spending just about 4 months here on this forum, I finally got this fan-crazed obsession out of my system. It has been fun, and I still love her deeply, but I'm not as crazy anymore and I think it has run its course. (I can sleep at nights now instead of thinking about her nonstop).

I'll never forget how she has changed my life. My schedule is all over the place right now, so I'll probably be on AAM during odd hours. But I will come back to check on news updates such as tour dates (or to stare at Jalen's sig for hours). For now, I will leave you all on AAM with this note:

Happy Birthday, Alizée!

- Rictor

I was going to make fun of you for this but then I watched that Radiohead video and wtf...it sounds exactly the same.

Tags
alizee, creep, happy birthday, radiohead