Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-02-2010, 01:29 AM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

Exactly, one cannot dwell in the past and by embracing our failures and times when we do not succeed, we build character and strengthen ourselves in the future. Pencils come with erasers for a reason, no one is perfect we all make mistakes and errors but unless we realize that we cant make something better out of them.

The commercial failure of the newest album should be seen as a step towards a newer Alizee
Old 09-02-2010, 04:23 AM

Kronos is on a distinguished road

I seem to recall this exact conversation, about Alizée's careerending doomsday and whatnot, almost 2 years ago when the concert was cancelled twice. I'm not saying things are the same as they were (I became a fan right about that time so I wouldn't know as much as some of you do) but things were tough then aswell. It is kind of silly that she's doing as much now, with an album just released, as she were between albums, Aguascalientes to January or something like that. I mean the later half of 2009 absolutely nothing happened, we kept ourselves busy with tweeterwall votings and untrue rumours.

I guess people shouldn't really get ahead of themselves, there's still Shanghai and concerts in mexico/france. Want those concerts to actually happen? Then stop sulking and maybe take a slightly more casual approach to Lili, because being a hardcore Lili fan is kind of rough at some times, I guess.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:06 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRawdg View Post
The only reason she would want to leave would be because she isn't satisfied with no longer being able to fill large venues and sell thousands upon thousands of records. If she capitalizes on her current following, and is more intimate with fans, things would be still cruising right along. I mean jeez, just do some small things and get out there.

But she can only do what she wants to. Each day of stagnancy and inactivity brings her another step closer to a nobody. She really could still do something about it. But personally, I think this is it.

I miss 2008. A lot.
I don't think that the astounding lack of promotion for UEDS is entirely her fault, I mean TV and Radio stations might no longer want her on their shows because the album's selling badly. She can want to be performing on TV all she likes, but if the channel refuses to allow her then there's nothing she can do about it. But yeah, that's not to say there's nothing she can do to further promote the album.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:53 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
... But they do need to know what she's up to musically and what they can hope for, and it wouldn't be a bad thing to share what the creative process is like in her art. I've done something like that on my own FB page and she can check it for examples of what I'm talking about.
I think she has shared a lot and spoken a lot about a lot of things, but perhaps she can't ever do enough to satisfy people because she just simply doesn't have much to talk about. She has already expressed hopes, intentions, promises and even shared some personal information with the world. But if she can't make plans come together and knows it, then what can she even say?

While I agree that I would like to hear even more than she has already said about the process of creating the album and in fact tv performances, maybe it wouldn't cast her in a great light because she just basically does what people tell her to do and is not the source of much creativity as opposed to how she's sort of presented as the leader. Nah. I don't think it is that though. Still, there does seem to be a certain amount of what Alizée herself brings to it. I've seen it in videos of back-stage preparation (like that one at Les Enfoirés where it seemed like she was telling other people how to sing something). If that indeed is the case, she should make a video that says "this is how to create a performance" and just go through it all whatever it is. I think she could do that at this point. Why would she? Because I think it would be cool? I guess not.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 09-04-2010 at 02:12 AM..
Old 09-04-2010, 05:59 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Hopefully this recent lack of activity means that she's been busy working on a new music video.

Hey! One can dream.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
Hopefully this recent lack of activity means that she's been busy working on a new music video.
Yah cause guys, she has to be doing something with UEDS whether it be getting a concert ready, performing on other shows(musik'elles), or making a video for another single.

She has to be doing something since obviously she hasn't announced the end of her career
Old 09-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Mňau ^_^

Fèvier is on a distinguished road

wouldn't it be awesome if she one day releases this as an actual single?

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5LfzeOcN9mg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x5d1719& amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5LfzeOcN9mg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x5d1719& amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

I'd so buy it

Old 09-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
it's like waiting for rain in the friggen Sahara right now.
Then you are putting yourself in the position of being continuously disappointed. It's the Sahara desert after all. Just be happy when she does give us something.

People need to remember she had everything handed to her on a silver platter before and she only had to worry about being a performer. Everybody loved her instantly. Now she is out on her own and I believe has suffered from the true toughness of the industry and has lost a lot of confidence partly because of fans who put too much pressure on her and want her to be something she isn't.

It's like child actors. They reach their peak before they are even grown up. No matter what they do it's usually downhill the rest of their lives. I believe she has a music career in front of her, just not as a performer.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:31 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post
Then you are putting yourself in the position of being continuously disappointed. It's the Sahara desert after all. Just be happy when she does give us something.

People need to remember she had everything handed to her on a silver platter before and she only had to worry about being a performer. Everybody loved her instantly. Now she is out on her own and I believe has suffered from the true toughness of the industry and has lost a lot of confidence partly because of fans who put too much pressure on her and want her to be something she isn't.

It's like child actors. They reach their peak before they are even grown up. No matter what they do it's usually downhill the rest of their lives. I believe she has a music career in front of her, just not as a performer.
Of course. She really impressed so many people as a performer when she was with M&L. So, they expected her to show up like a pop star with the great appeal and effectiveness that warrants spending tons of time and money on promotions and big tours. She came back unprepared to launch a new career in the face of her younger self who was practically a "local deity" at that point. So, those who can't keep up with what it takes, can't take that place. That's what happened, along with the music simply not being a hit.

I've had my times of thinking that her more recent albums were very moving and needed more promotion because the quality of the music deserved it, but I just haven't seen Alizée run with what interest was there. That's the whole "true toughness of the industry" thing I suppose.

But, it's more than that... She went on Grains de star trying to introduce herself and appeal to the world as a performing singer. It worked and she impressed M&L as the right person for their project. Since then, she's been kind of "setup" to do performances as a star (while promoting herself and her albums). So... if she's not doing like a conventional singer, writing songs and trying to get gigs to perform them wherever like musicians do, and she can't do the other thing--showing up as a popular celebrity singer for special shows--what is she supposed to do?

What career does she have if she can't be a conventional singer? She doesn't even advertise the existence of her previous albums on her own web site. I must say. I just don't understand her position in this regard or what she's supposed to be anymore. Either that, or what I did understand just didn't happen.

Merci Fanny
Old 09-12-2010, 10:00 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelixSix View Post

my name is Manni, and i approve this message. and, HARRO.