Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-18-2010, 06:08 PM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
But isn't her positive vibe a big contributing factor to her appeal? I thought that added to her success while she had it- she always did feel-good, happy songs with only an occasional sad ballad. There's so much negative music in the world today, so many partying-while-trashed and sex tunes (I'm looking at you, Gaga!), and Alizee sings (sang?) about nice things and that was a total breath of fresh air.
Totally agree, that happy smile, and the way she looked while she preformed sold it. She always looked so happy to be there, happy to sing, happy to see a crowd. Just look at her as she sings Ella Elle L'a, shes probably the happiest person ever during that first chorus.

Old 09-19-2010, 04:45 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

it is obvious that Alizee was raised with some good values and integrity. In many ways she is wise beyond her years. Many people are the creators of their own tragedies by the decisions that they make and or their self destructive attitudes. I am not sure that Alizee hasn't experienced trials in her life. I don't see her as a whiner and probably rebounds quickly. That being said I am aware that many people are not raised with values and integrity and have to learn the hard way or crash and burn. A real trial by fire for Alizee might meet my own selfish desires. I really like the Blues and Alizee might put out a Blues album under the circumstances lol.
Because Alizee doesn't create her own music actually may be a plus. She is free to colaborate with any number of producers of music and is a matter of finding talent equivalent to Mf/LB for a start. I know they can't be the only ones in France.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:15 AM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

it aren't just fans from France who abandon Alizée after she split up with Mylene. After she get married and a baby. After she changed her image.

Maybe french people think a bit different about her because - like RMJ said - she always will pegged as the Lolita. Alizée herself said that it's difficult "to grow up" in France... but she still has a lot of loyal fans who love her for what she is NOW...
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 09-19-2010, 07:02 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRO87 View Post

Maybe french people think a bit different about her because - like RMJ said - she always will pegged as the Lolita. Alizée herself said that it's difficult "to grow up" in France...
She had try to change her image in her own way. She choose to become emancipated from her " mother" in th business ( Mylène), to produce her own albums and to change her image. That was clears signals of being "grown up", but people have been used to other kind of signals.

I think some of you heard about Priscilla, who was a very famous child wonder 8 years ago...

This is now the easiest way to show to the people you are not a little girl anymore. That's create some buzz and could be a effective way to put you under the light when you need it.

But that's sound a little bit as a desperate solution...

We all agreed that this wouldn't be an option for Alizée.
I'm the first to dream of a more sensual, if not sexy, image of Alizée on stage or in her videos, but not in this kind of cheap magazine with lousy photos.

So, the only solution now is to release a new hit... Associate her name to a popular singer in France would do the trick,I think... because people here just ask to love her , but to do so, she have to relaunch her carreer.

Last edited by Bigdan; 09-19-2010 at 01:57 PM..
Old 09-19-2010, 07:28 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
This is now the easiest way to show to the people you are not a little girl anymore.
It might be the easiest, but certainly not the best, and I sure hope that Alizée doesn't go down that path. I rather she be not famous, than infamous.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
It might be the easiest, but certainly not the best, and I sure hope that Alizée doesn't go down that path. I rather she be not famous, than infamous.
I don't think we have to worry about Alizée doing that.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 09-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdan View Post
So, the only solution now is to release a new hit... Associate her name to a popular singer in France would do the trick,I think... because people here just ask to love her , but to do so, she have to relaunch her carreer.
Bigdan, I think you make a good point. I am curious as to what popular singer you think would be good for Alizée to work with. Can you suggest some names?
Old 09-19-2010, 11:39 AM

MarkL is on a distinguished road

Yea, if its not her own hit even, collaberate with another big artist in France...

So and So Ft. Alizee. It doesnt have to be her own, just she needs to at least get involved in something big!

But yea, Alizee wont do magazine stuff like that for attention, shes to classy and Im glad she wont do stuff like that.

Classy Girl > Slutty Girl
Much more attractive if your classy in my opinion.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Bigdan, I think you make a good point. I am curious as to what popular singer you think would be good for Alizée to work with. Can you suggest some names?
My two cents, I think not connecting with Nicola Sirkis of Indochine for some material on Psychédélices was a missed opportunity. They both said they had discussed it, but that timing and schedules didn't work out. Shame, because it would have been the kind of instantly recognized name backed by some strong song writing that she needed to gain more attention at the time.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:28 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Have the French fan's abandoned her?

No.
It's the other way around. She has abandoned them.
Look at the facts.
The Grand Rex fiasco.
The 'You and me, eye to eye' fiasco.
Nothing but let downs, disapointments and broken promises.
Ueds is released. One or two magazine articles. A launch night that hardly anyone knew about until it was over. A few TV, Radio spots and personal appearances and then zilch. Nothing. Silence.
A brief concert is Israel singing unfamiliar songs.
It's not even close to being enough. Not by a very long way.
The French fans are like the rest of us. They want to see her perform but they haven't been given that opportunity.
There is only one person to blame for that.
I personally think that it's now much too late to bring them back.
The time to do that has come and gone.