Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 10-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
I think this already turned into a "Next album News/Speculation" thread

And it's only a year after the first one came out hahaha. I think we will have to wait 2-3 more years if there is a next album...
Well there might be a new single next year, so it's more of a new style debate. It's kind of fun.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchaikovsky View Post
Oh GOD no!
I hear ya. Even though I don't dislike Decollage, an Alizée rap album would just...
Old 10-08-2010, 04:34 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yes, her doing a more pop/rock thing again would be great....except the fact that she already did it!....three times!!!
Yes oh yes that would be a dream come true! Something along the lines of Mylène's Anamorphosée.... rock with a bit of pop and ballads mixed in.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
Yes oh yes that would be a dream come true! Something along the lines of Mylène's Anamorphosée.... rock with a bit of pop and ballads mixed in.
It would definitely be her re-breakthrough album...but she has already done this style 2-3 times...it could get old to people.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:36 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It would definitely be her re-breakthrough album...but she has already done this style 2-3 times...it could get old to people.
Hrm true, but I think it will sell a lot better than if she goes for something niche-market again like electropop. And after all that's what matters if we want her to survive in the music business. Anyway, she's only had a little collection of rock-influenced songs before, so it would be amazing to hear her have a proper stab at an album of them. I guess it's a way of doing something different without it being too different if you know what I mean.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I was just informed by MA that the guy who talked to Alizee at the Nolween concert (not MagicStocki but another French dude) that the single is unpublished....which means it will be totally knew. I guess I read the guys post wrong on AF And I bet everyone will laugh at me since this is old news haha.

SO NOW....Yes, since it is new i definitely want it to be upbeat so it will sell!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 11:09 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

By far one of my favorite performances by her was: Alizee Autour de la guitare La Javanaise. I think its from around 2008? She first did this at a tribute for Serge G. and it went over so well, they had her do it again for this DVD.

Just Lily, an acoustic guitar, and a beautiful song sung well.

I watch this video again and again. This and the Axel Red performance she did to win the talent show when she was 15 both move me for some reason. Pure Lily, I guess.

Here is a link to the HQ version. There is also a version taken by someone in the audience that has excellent audio and it sounds exactly the same, so you know they didn't mess with Lily's voice in this one:

http://download404.mediafire.com/lzd...+Javanaise.avi

I guess my point is, maybe a good direction for her would be to go SOFTER. She has a beautiful, emotional voice when you hear it raw and unprocessed. I think matching her up with well played acoustic instruments is perfect. Norah Jones sold a LOT of records doing this. I love my rockin' Lily as much as the next guy, but it's been done. I'd like some music that focuses on her unblemished voice.

Last edited by severianb; 10-13-2010 at 11:17 PM..
Old 10-14-2010, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post

I guess my point is, maybe a good direction for her would be to go SOFTER. She has a beautiful, emotional voice when you hear it raw and unprocessed. I think matching her up with well played acoustic instruments is perfect. Norah Jones sold a LOT of records doing this. I love my rockin' Lily as much as the next guy, but it's been done. I'd like some music that focuses on her unblemished voice.
So.. Gourmandises? hahaa.

I mean, yeah, that was a beautiful album, so I guess we're mostly in agreement that she'd be better off if she either goes back to her MCE/Gourmandises style of music, or go in a new direction, being a mixture of rock/MCE.

Either way though, seems like the UEDs style isn't it?

Old 10-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
So.. Gourmandises? hahaa.

I mean, yeah, that was a beautiful album, so I guess we're mostly in agreement that she'd be better off if she either goes back to her MCE/Gourmandises style of music, or go in a new direction, being a mixture of rock/MCE.

Either way though, seems like the UEDs style isn't it?
No, ALL of her albums, including Gourmandises have been hyper-produced. Gourmandises is a perfect example of what I'm NOT talking about. Have you watched that video I posted? I'm sure you have seen it. It's just Lilly and a guitar player. That's it. No soaring orchestra, no modified vocals, no multilayered, polished to a shine pop confections as found on Gourmandises and MCE, no electronica or rap as found on Psych and UEDS.

I'm talking about music with just some acoustic instruments and her voice. I think it would work. Hell, I know it works, I just watched that video again.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
No, ALL of her albums, including Gourmandises have been hyper-produced. Gourmandises is a perfect example of what I'm NOT talking about. Have you watched that video I posted? I'm sure you have seen it. It's just Lilly and a guitar player. That's it. No soaring orchestra, no modified vocals, no multilayered, polished to a shine pop confections as found on Gourmandises and MCE, no electronica or rap as found on Psych and UEDS.

I'm talking about music with just some acoustic instruments and her voice. I think it would work. Hell, I know it works, I just watched that video again.
Oooh, my bad. I thought you meant just slower music overall, not just.. her naked voice. So something more like A Cappella?