Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-28-2010, 09:33 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Sellers on eBay who list Cd's as Very Good condition.
Makes me mad
Record Collector guide (which almost everyone uses) states that CD's can only be in one condition.
They work perfectly and are therefore in Mint condition or they don't work and are therefore useless.
So a CD cannot be in Very Good condition.
It can have loads of scratches and marks but still plays.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:11 AM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

- people

- splintery popsicle sticks

- those thick, hot, off-white dishes restaurants always use that must be perpetually greasy

- Colorado 1-year-for-license law (Seriously, California kids can get their license in six months, and Colorado kids drive just as terribly as they do)

- The chick (I lent my copy of Lolita to her for her to peruse and see if she still wanted to read it. I gave it to her on Tuesday morning. I needed it (as did she, she should've taken initiative to get her own copy) back (not technically, I already have the first two chapters almost memorized) on Thursday afternoon. I ask her slyly how far she got, and said a few chapters. After a minute or two discussing the language use she said she didn't get her own book yet. No biggie, I'll let her read it today and tomorrow or whenever I'll get mine back- wait a minute biatch WHY ARE YOU READING THE PRINCE WHEN YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE READING LOLITA FOR THE BOTH OF US?)

- dumb, ignorant Colorado kids who have never left this absurdly square state, who think they have a right to criticize European and Middle Eastern culture. (It's strange... you don't even know how to get to Denver, but you know all about how Europe is filled with 'fags' who have no idea how to run their countries (at least they knew "Europe" was not a country (unlike some people at my school, no joke) so I can give them that), and how Middle Eastern culture is primitive and uncivilized (maybe because they aren't commercialized fucks like we are, and have kept their fascinating culture true for thousands of years, while it took us only two-hundred to completely whore ourselves out)
Old 10-29-2010, 12:21 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
-
- dumb, ignorant Colorado kids who have never left this absurdly square state, who think they have a right to criticize European and Middle Eastern culture. (It's strange... you don't even know how to get to Denver, but you know all about how Europe is filled with 'fags' who have no idea how to run their countries (at least they knew "Europe" was not a country (unlike some people at my school, no joke) so I can give them that), and how Middle Eastern culture is primitive and uncivilized (maybe because they aren't commercialized fucks like we are, and have kept their fascinating culture true for thousands of years, while it took us only two-hundred to completely whore ourselves out)
while i stand by this, i do think a few parts of their culture are rather primitive. especially the restrictions on women. just saying
Old 10-29-2010, 12:34 AM
Recline yourself

but does that necessarily mean they're "primitive"?

We only view it as "primitive" (not even the word I would use) because we believe we are "advanced"
Old 10-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Having women cover every inch of their body for the sake of commitment to any man is a bit primitive. I'm honestly not sure what role women play in Middle Eastern society, exactly, so I won't comment on that. I do know that their customs have changed very little over the course of history, which in itself is a bit primitive. Societies and cultures are meant to evolve and change over time; it's the natural cycle of human nature. While there is something to be said for a culture that remains faithful to its roots, some take it a bit far.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 10-29-2010, 03:05 AM
Recline yourself

Maybe it hasn't changed because it doesn't need to. There's no real reason for them to change (completely talking out of my ass Ace Ventura style) other than for our benefit. Our Western concept of "civility" and "advanced" is still very new in comparison to ancient cultures. Just three hundred years ago, our European ancestors were still chucking the contents their shit-buckets out the window onto the pedestrians below and elixirs of lead and pomegranate were taken daily
Old 10-29-2010, 01:18 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

-This jerk dude at this library. I have a psp, which of corse does not have the ability to pick up wi-fi from very far. But hey, it was free, and it works. So I have to sit in the central room that says 'Young Adult: 11-18 Only' on the door, because their wi-fi router is in there, and it's the only place I can get signal. But this little rat-looking mother freaker decides he and his afro-puffy hair and shiny white bald spot are coool because he's a librarian. He comes up to me and asks my id. I give it too him. He goes off on this stupid rant about how people over 18 can't go in there. I say, 'I'm only 19 by like three days, and it's the only place I can get a wi-fi signal.' But no, mr-I'm-so-cool-because-I'm-a-40-year-old-virgin-and-never-been-married-because-my-eyes-stick-out-further-than-my-nose says that's 'completely innapropriate.' WTF is so innapropriate? It's three days, guy! The walls of the room are entirely made of glass, you can't be afraid I'll hurt someone! October 24th I'm perfectally innocent, but exactly midnight of the 25th I become a child beater or rapist? WTF you petty freak!
Old 10-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Recline yourself

what? why would they have age barriers? That makes zero sense!
Old 10-29-2010, 01:28 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I don't know. Especially when half the books in there are like uber mature books for people my age, NOT 11-16. Also, it's not like I'm trying to go into the little picture book room, or as if I'm trying to do something harmful/space-consuming, I just want the free interwebz the library offers.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Recline yourself

Have you tried starbucks?

Edit:

I'm the only fuggin person hanging out in the off topic ghetto

Seriously, I've been talking to myself and DrSmith for what... two days now? What the hell? Did everyone all of a sudden forget why we're here?

Last edited by user472884; 10-29-2010 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts