Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Recline yourself

user472884 is on a distinguished road

i think that's a different type of smoking, dude

I don't support smoking, I'm not against it, I'm not going to go out and heckle every smoker I see...

I only get PISSED when I see cigarette butts somewhere where they shouldn't be, like in the cracks of my driveway or on the stairs of my school
Old 11-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Recline yourself

Just a quick question to reassure me,

If I'm trying to find the maximum angle I can fire a projectile at indoors to come within 5cm of hitting the ceiling (without actually hitting it), the only values I need are the height from the projectile's original position to the ceiling and the velocity, right?
Old 11-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

I was going to say the weight of the projectile, but I don't know if that's necessary if you already know the velocityyy… I'm not good at this stuff.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Recline yourself

weight's not necessary, weight would be represented by velocity.

So I walked into class thinking you know, I'd figured this shit out... took the two measurements and I was gonna pwn that bitch....

then I got down to 3.66 = sinX.... shit
Old 11-15-2010, 11:55 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If I'm trying to find the maximum angle I can fire a projectile at indoors to come within 5cm of hitting the ceiling (without actually hitting it), the only values I need are the height from the projectile's original position to the ceiling and the velocity, right?
You only need height and initial velocity. Did you cross check your calculations?

Edit:

One more thing, to get the max. angle, there is a lower bound on velocity that you should respect.

Last edited by sumi1; 11-15-2010 at 11:55 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 11-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Recline yourself

To WoW players:
How's the economy in the game, specifically in regards to "good" items? Does the value depreciate to a ridiculously low amount?

Like in my game (which is better than WoW), when a new "good" item comes out, It'll be BALLSACK CRAZY expensive for a month or two, then sink ridiculously low, almost to the point of item releases being a new form of lottery system. Like I remember when the dragon platebody came out, it was worth I think 200 mil, and now it's down to 10... I think I'll get it just for the lulz
Old 11-16-2010, 07:40 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Items don't "come out" all the time in World of Warcraft. See, the way you get items is by visiting raids or instances (basically dungeons.. the lair of some evil monster you must kill for the good of Azeroth, usually) and when you kill things there and ransack them for stuff, weapons, armor, and other lovely things can be found on their person. Most of these things can't be sold, so it's really pure luck.

Otherwise, the price of a certain thing depends not on how "new" it is, but how easily it can be found. For instance, if a certain herb can be found easily in most regions, it's not gonna be very expensive to buy on the auction house. But if something's really hard to find, like after combing through a huge zone you'd be lucky to find just one, you can usually sell it for a LOT of money on the auction house. The same goes for the weapons and armor that can be sold.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 11-16-2010 at 07:43 PM..
Old 11-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Recline yourself

well of course the supply and demand thing is going to apply... the biggest problem with runescape is that the number of each item grows by the thousands everyday.

How does the actual technical part of WoW work? Do I need to buy every cd to date in order to play with people? how much is each cd? how much for the monthly subscription?

I'M TOO LAZY AND PHYSICS'D OUT TO DO IT MYSELF. DO IT FOR ME.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
well of course the supply and demand thing is going to apply... the biggest problem with runescape is that the number of each item grows by the thousands everyday.

How does the actual technical part of WoW work? Do I need to buy every cd to date in order to play with people? how much is each cd? how much for the monthly subscription?

I'M TOO LAZY AND PHYSICS'D OUT TO DO IT MYSELF. DO IT FOR ME.
Well, you'd need to buy all (soon to be four) CD's if you wanted to access everything in the game. But the last three aren't really.. essential, I guess. The subscription after that is 15 dollars a month. If you want, you can also use the free trial which lets you get up to level 20. But I'm not sure how that works.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 11-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Recline yourself

lame.

runescape ftw