Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 12-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Universal Member

UniCom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz View Post
Im no hardcore fan. watched some films (Princess Mononoke, Tonari no Totoro, ghost in the shell, Blood - the last vampire slayer etc.) and and a couple of series like The Last Exile, Samurai champloo and my favorite Elfen Lied.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LvNmWfp8ijg?fs=1&amp;hl=sv_SE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LvNmWfp8ijg?fs=1&amp;hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Those are great anime shows. See, you don't have to be a big fan, just don't hate. I'm letting the video slide since technically it's not hentai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalen View Post
I was made to watch Spirited Away against my will, if that counts for anything
I think as long as you enjoyed it, it counts, altho ur probably gonna tell me otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwise View Post
My favorite anime ever is Cowboy Bebop, hands down. I love everything, from the plot to the characters to the animation and especially the music.

I have also seen & enjoyed Samurai Champloo, Ghost in the Shell, Outlaw Star, Escaflowne, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Akira. I think I may be missing a couple, but those are the ones that are among my favorites

As far as manga goes, I did read Naruto at one point, but began to dislike it after the timeskip. I read Bleach, however. It is enjoyable & Kubo is a crazy author & I enjoy his art. ^^

I have also read Slam Dunk, which is a really good manga for anybody who is a basketball fan. Very enjoyable. Haven't really read more manga cuz it's hard to get into when they have been in print for a long time and a lot of the series are very similar in a lot of ways.

That's all I have for now! ^_^
I think this makes you a decent Anime/Manga fan, DJ. One time I was trying to look for an anime or manga on Basketball since I'm a Bball fan and I found Slam Dunk, and it was great actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlalizee View Post
no wonder this is such a big hit in japan right now:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qZ2Oshr7UpQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qZ2Oshr7UpQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

the musicians are real but the singer is a 3D holagram. they play to sell out auditoriums.
I've seen some of these b4 and I think I wanna go to one just cuz it looks awesome and fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
Alright Uni! You made the thread!

My favorite anime? Dragon Ball Z!!! I love the whole Dragon Ball series/franchise. It's the first anime (or anything really) that I really got into as a kid (with the exception of barney and power rangers as a small child lol). It was what I really looked forward to most of the day at school to go home and watch. I had an hour long bus ride home which allowed me to get home as soon as it was starting. Get off the bus, run as fast as I could down the long, gravel driveway, then tune into Tsunami on Cartoon Network . It was what really jump started my passion to draw too. Whether it was simply drawing the characters or making up my own, just about everything I drew before middle school was related to DBZ in some way. I really got into that show and it will always have a place with me. I still plan on buying all the episodes and movies on dvd one of these days so I'll always have them to watch.

I really think DBZ helped shape me in some ways as well. Not just with it jump starting my passion for drawing and art, but the stories and their messages that I got from them. Just a great series with all of it's epicness, tragedy, comedy, and more.

As for other anime, I never much got into anything else quite like I did DBZ. Nothing else was really capable of sticking with me for as long I suppose. That and I suppose the timing for DBZ being introduced to me was just about perfect as well. I watched some Digimon some but not enough to get into it I guess. I did get into Pokémon for a while when it first started but then they just took it too far with all of the different types of Pokémon coming in all the time. I did play one of the gameboy games a lot though, Crystal version. Good time waster, lol. Similar to Pokémon, I ended up getting out of Yu-gi-oh when they started coming out with too many new characters, monsters, and cards. I was really into that around 5th and 6th grade though. Really enjoyed the dueling. And then there was Naruto. I did watch that for a while and liked that but eventually it stopped showing and like DJ, I just wasn't much into it after the time skip. Oh, crap, I almost forgot about the Gundam series. I did get into that for a bit around the time I was into DBZ. I just never could watch the episodes as much so I couldn't keep up but that was a pretty cool show too.

Ok, enough out of me for now. I could go on and on about DBZ though
Yeah, I did. You're a straight up DB fan. You can keep posting about your experiences with DB if you want so there's no need to stop there. I also got tired of watching Pokémon, Yu-Gi-OH!, and others like em after they started coming out with those new shows. They're simply just for the next generation to enjoy em but we can always remember what started em in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Ummm....All I have ever watched was Pokemon....cause I thought all other Anime is just not interesting since I like more real things. And yes, pokemon are real. I have the whole first edition of pokemon cards in my basement. But I stopped being a fan of the show once they stopped including Ash, Misty, Brock, and whoever else. RIP Pokemon

And just making sure, I wasn't be a jerk with this right?
You and me are going to have a lil chat in the ChatBox, my friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
No... I thought you were just trying to be funny since you said Pokémon are real, lol. DBZ is the real, real stuff! I should know, I'm a saiyan.

I think he kinda was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
Is your power level over 9000?
I think he's a 10000 personally. I'm no match for him since I'm a 4444. But I could just be containing a more higher power level.
No one confuse me with the androids, tho. Hehehe
Old 12-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Nah I wasn't joking that pokemon are real. I have seen them in my house before. Here is a picture of one my friend caught in his room over in Japan.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:40 PM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
Is your power level over 9000?
To answer your question I'll just say... I think you're right. After all, I was trained in the art of Kaio-ken.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

i used to be pretty big into anime... i still watch movies every now and then... my fav of course like most is DB/DBZ/DBGT... but hands down the best movie/mini-series is a 3 part called 5 centimeters per second... it's pretty deep...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PxKn5AwOTis?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

---------------------------------------------------

Old 12-05-2010, 09:16 PM
Universal Member

UniCom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaz View Post
i used to be pretty big into anime... i still watch movies every now and then... my fav of course like most is DB/DBZ/DBGT... but hands down the best movie/mini-series is a 3 part called 5 centimeters per second... it's pretty deep...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PxKn5AwOTis?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Oh yeah, I saw this one. It was really great. I think it has one of the most realistic artworks of any anime.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaz View Post

Wow, never thought I would actually bring myself to saying this, but that actually looks somewhat interesting. Can you link me to where I can see the whole series? Is it all on yootoob?
Old 12-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Wow, never thought I would actually bring myself to saying this, but that actually looks somewhat interesting. Can you link me to where I can see the whole series? Is it all on yootoob?
Indeed this does look pretty good, links links links!

The dove in that trailer remindes me of this song.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vMtETYXvvrQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vMtETYXvvrQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 12-06-2010, 12:51 AM
Hypebeast

Plaz is on a distinguished road

i have it... check your pm's

---------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Plaz; 12-06-2010 at 12:55 AM..
Old 12-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Euphoria

Tom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
All I have ever watched was Pokemon. I have the whole first edition of pokemon cards in my basement. But I stopped being a fan of the show once they stopped including Ash, Misty, Brock, and whoever else. RIP Pokemon
Awww..... I miss Pokémon.

It is also the only anime I've ever watched and I lost interest when they increased the number of Pokémon from 151 to 251. I still have hundreds of first edition Pokémon cards, the first episode of the first season on VHS where Ash picks Pikachu and I also have the game Pokémon Yellow to Gameboy Color. Everyone in my school had Pokémon cards 10 years ago. I remember trading my Machamp card for 40 cards and I also remember when I was sad because my only Pikachu card was destroyed in the washing machine. A pack of 11 cards cost 5,82 USD in Sweden at the time.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:43 AM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

DBZ and Deathnote ftw.