Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-03-2011, 03:03 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Hey Aaronius and everyone - I appreciate that we should keep these topics "on-topic" and everything else should go where everything else should go, but we're a lot like baseball fans during off-season. There's so little NEW news to talk about that every conversation is bound to stray into other areas. But we always come back to the subject we love the most anyway. Hooray!

Most of all, I think it's great that people are still here and keeping the flame alive for the rest of us to stop in and warm up now and again.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:34 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Besides, what exactly would be defined as being on topic? I mean, take the concert example again. Let's use the Youpidou En Concert video one. Would it be off topic to discuss the meaning by youpidou, which will undoubtedly lead to some sort of discussion about linguistics and I'm sure, Corsica. Would that considered off topic and merit its own thread in the off topic threads?

Old 01-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
Besides, what exactly would be defined as being on topic? I mean, take the concert example again. Let's use the Youpidou En Concert video one. Would it be off topic to discuss the meaning by youpidou, which will undoubtedly lead to some sort of discussion about linguistics and I'm sure, Corsica. Would that considered off topic and merit its own thread in the off topic threads?
Hehe someone finally noticed how ironic it is that I am the one talking about this But with that aside, we should actually attempt to go at this.

But no, things that are off-topic from the thread but are still relating to Alizee are okay as long as it is minimal. But if it is something off-topic from the thread and not relating to Alizee, then it should be continued in the off-topic section. That is how I see it. It is the system we've always used and it has seemed to work. But now it is dwindling and that is why we just need to restore it...that's all really.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Hehe someone finally noticed how ironic it is that I am the one talking about this But with that aside, we should actually attempt to go at this.

But no, things that are off-topic from the thread but are still relating to Alizee are okay as long as it is minimal. But if it is something off-topic from the thread and not relating to Alizee, then it should be continued in the off-topic section. That is how I see it. It is the system we've always used and it has seemed to work. But now it is dwindling and that is why we just need to restore it...that's all really.
The question still stands. What will be determined to be "on topic" and what will be determined to be "off topic"? Some things that seem unrelated, can be related back to Alizée. I specialized in relating anything and everything back to Alizée back in my early lilly-bug bite days.

Old 01-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Speaking of bug bites, I like spiders.

Would that be considered on-topic?
Old 01-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Euphoria

Tom is on a distinguished road

^ How about a link with a description for a change?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
.....FFUUUUUUUU
Old 01-03-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
The question still stands. What will be determined to be "on topic" and what will be determined to be "off topic"? Some things that seem unrelated, can be related back to Alizée. I specialized in relating anything and everything back to Alizée back in my early lilly-bug bite days.
See now its not exactly what is on topic and what is off topic. Since there will always be a small amount of off-topicness in the Alizee discussions. But what I am seeking for all of us to change is that amount of off-topicness. It is obvious that it has increased, and all we need to simply do is refrain more from doing it. And for threads that are created solely for "New Alizee Pictures" we should refrain from posting off topic stuff so then people don't have to dig through pages and pages to find on-topic stuff, let alone the picture they are talking about.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
Speaking of bug bites, I like spiders.

Would that be considered on-topic?
You, are a bastard and a mother fucker.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
You, are a bastard and a mother fucker.
dahahaha taste of your own medicine? Doc knows your every weakness...
Old 01-03-2011, 04:20 PM

Ya'll asked for it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MZLEV9ZaljE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MZLEV9ZaljE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>