Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-20-2011, 07:41 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road
Default New Alizee article over at my website

I've co written a short(ish) article over at my website about Alizee.
You can read it here -

http://www.ewafarna.co.uk/friends_and_relations.html

I got a lot of assistance from another member here (who wishes to remain annonymous).
You may not agree with some of the things i have said but are welcome to comment either here or over at my site Forum (I could do with the members!!!).

Last edited by Junkmale; 01-20-2011 at 09:08 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 09:26 PM

Jaimes is on a distinguished road

Cool, I like it. It looks to be very informative to those who would be interested in her.
Thanks Junkmale and "another member here"! The word is now spread more

The former keeps you on the path of growth, and the latter makes the journey tolerable.

--R. A. Salvatore
Old 01-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

I think it's a well done and pretty accurate article. Good job. Just a couple of small issues:

She has been directly quoted many times saying she left Mylene because she wanted to do her own thing and didn't want to continue the super-sexy image that Mylene wanted.

Also the last bit about her not interacting with fans and not keeping promises is kind of harsh, IMHO. She interacts about a billion times more than Mylene ever has, and the only times she hasn't been able to do what she says... things were really out of her control.

Other than that, good job!

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)
Old 01-20-2011, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
I Alizee is now at another crossroads in her career. She states that she wants to continue and yet can be accused of being 'her own worst enemy'. Her reluctance to play live or to put any real, concerted effort into promoting herself has not helped. She doesn't involve herself with her fans and makes promises that she doesn't keep.
WoW you nailed it...

It's very accurate.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
WoW you nailed it...

It's very accurate.
Not really. She very much desires to play live. Saying she doesn't is an outright falsehood. She has said she'd be really upset if she couldn't do Les Enfoires anymore... that's live, last time I looked. So was BB Bruens and the concert in Israel.. all of which she did in the past year.

And as far as not putting in the effort to promote herself? She went on every TV and radio program that would have her. She even did a local program in Corsica and magazine interviews and photoshoots.

Now that I look at it, I don't know if I've seen a more inaccurate paragraph in my life.

Lilly-Mullet & Do-Rag Appreciation Club Member #2 (member #1 Fevier)

Last edited by severianb; 01-21-2011 at 11:14 AM..
Old 01-21-2011, 12:06 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

One thing I disagree with the above statement and this is just my opinion is her introvert personalty and shyness around strangers also contributes to her being her own worst enemy.

I've seen a few videos of her in a room of fans and she looks very uncomfortable. Not like the Alizée America CD signing because there were only a few people in there with her. Look back at that special get together with her French Fans for the Psychédélices debut. Watch her closely and you can see she isn't handling it very well. She seems to be withdrawn and trying to open up her personal space between her the fans.

Watch the MJ video at the end when the girls are dancing and she is dancing in the back ground, look at her facial expression during the scene when she doesn't realize she is in the shot.

Yet other times when there are less than five or six fans she is more than eager to pose for pictures and talk to them. When it comes to going on stage she puts on her game face and the professional Alizée comes to life.

This personality trait may be why Myléen never let her do an interview over 20 minutes. She may only be able to hold this out going personality together for so long before she reverts back to her shy introverted persona.

This trait is probably the main reason why Alizée has never become an attention whore like many others in the music industry.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:19 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Thanks Folks.
I appreciate the comments.
I think, that at the end of the day, the article really was to give a bit of background to her life & career (so far).
The opinions i expressed are just my own and the subject of them has been covered time and time again here, so i don't really see the purpose in starting them up all over again.
All our opinions will differ from time to time. It's only natural.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:37 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

I find it quite interesting what people think is a lot of performances and such. Two or three performances in a year is hardly anything. Specially considering neither were actual concerts with her either headlining or opening. They are pretty much one or two song performances.

Anyway it's not so much that she don't want to perform, it's more that she won't do small shows. At least on a regular basis. She only wants to do these big venues that she cannot fill, thus canceling when the time comes instead of playing for those that can make it. Then in light of cancellations she makes a promise that will never comes to fruition. So with that being said I find the statement quite accurate. Your Mileage may vary.

Regards,

Jung

Old 01-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
One thing I disagree with the above statement and this is just my opinion is her introvert personalty and shyness around strangers also contributes to her being her own worst enemy.
I can say I have seen this first hand. I was with Alizee in the Guadalajara airport waiting at the gate, waiting to board the plane. Her whole band was there and her management team. She did not sit by them and sat in the corner looking at a wall with no one around her. I did go up to talk to her and she just looked down at her feet the whole time while she talked.

It was then I realized there was a problem...
Old 01-22-2011, 12:50 AM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
I find it quite interesting what people think is a lot of performances and such. Two or three performances in a year is hardly anything. Specially considering neither were actual concerts with her either headlining or opening. They are pretty much one or two song performances.

Anyway it's not so much that she don't want to perform, it's more that she won't do small shows. At least on a regular basis. She only wants to do these big venues that she cannot fill, thus canceling when the time comes instead of playing for those that can make it. Then in light of cancellations she makes a promise that will never comes to fruition. So with that being said I find the statement quite accurate. Your Mileage may vary.

Regards,

Jung
Jung may have nailed it. Of course, he IS a professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
I can say I have seen this first hand. I was with Alizee in the Guadalajara airport waiting at the gate, waiting to board the plane. Her whole band was there and her management team. She did not sit by them and sat in the corner looking at a wall with no one around her. I did go up to talk to her and she just looked down at her feet the whole time while she talked.

It was then I realized there was a problem...

MM may have nailed it, too. But on the other hand, maybe his fly was open and he didn't realize it...