Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 01-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

This bring us to another problem...

Everyone fell in love with this "fake" person...that was "Not her". Like Euphoria said, you took the job knowing what it was all about.

This goes along with promotions you all have done using her "old" stuff. If she is not this way and does not ever want to do this again, why promote using "old" videos / song, if that is not what she wants?

This kind of opened a can of worms...
Old 01-23-2011, 01:27 PM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
This is still not what the OP is trying to address Bigdan, but never mind, I think I have to stop repeating myself here.
Yes, maybe, I still don't get it.

Is your point that " she acted, from the very beginning, like she didn’t know or didn’t understand. " and now she confess the opposite?

On what basis do you say that she act like she didn't know at first?

( if you're tired to argue, you can tell me... )
Old 01-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Wow, could she be anymore ungrateful? If she didn't want to portray this "lolita" image, she should have never taken the gig in the first place. She had an amazing opportunity and it made her famous. Look at her now, her albums are flops and she's selling cat scarves to make a living. She has talent that she just refuses to utilize and now she is a has-been. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. Artists re-invent themselves all the time, and there is nothing wrong with it. You think ANYONE famous really lets the world know who they truly are? Maybe 1%. In the music industry, sometimes you gotta fake who you are if you want a career.
I'd rather attempt to be that 1% than feel like a "product" (as Alizee put it) my whole career. It could be argued that that is exactly what an artist is, a product, but maybe it's for the better that she didn't continue with the sexuality or play it up. She has a daughter; maybe she didn't want to influence her daughter in that direction. Besides, few artists can stick around for more than ten years or so, and those few usually become ridiculous caricatures of their former selves. Sometimes you have to know when to quit.

Anyways, if she ever tried to go back to the "Lolita" image or even a more mature sexualized image after this, people would laugh.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
Anyways, if she ever tried to go back to the "Lolita" image or even a more mature sexualized image after this, people would laugh.
I agree. I also agree with what Mon Maquis said above. Those like Euphoria who, it seems, will never like anything Alizée does that is not like what she used to do, should simply move on. Those people are always going to be disappointed.

But yes, we should not be using the old material to promote Alizée. That's promoting an artist who no longer exists in that form.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-23-2011, 03:05 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'd rather attempt to be that 1% than feel like a "product" (as Alizee put it) my whole career. It could be argued that that is exactly what an artist is, a product, but maybe it's for the better that she didn't continue with the sexuality or play it up. She has a daughter; maybe she didn't want to influence her daughter in that direction. Besides, few artists can stick around for more than ten years or so, and those few usually become ridiculous caricatures of their former selves. Sometimes you have to know when to quit.

Then that is what her career will always be, an attempt. And you can be sexy without having to portray a "lolita". No one said she had the keep up the act, or even try to be that again, but there is nothing wrong with a little sexuality. I think Jenifer, Lorie, and Mylene Farmer are ridiculously sexy, but they're not vulgar. While Mylene can be rather shocking, I think shes toned down a bit. The difference is that Mylene can AFFORD to do what she wants now. She has the fame, the fortune, and the fan base to back her up no matter what. Unfortunately, Alizee does not have any of those. French fans can be very fickle, one moment they love you until they find someone who they like better. But the whole point is that Alizee just does not try anymore.

Unfortunately, Alizee has let her fame from MF (the person she apparently hates so much) carry her for a long time now. In my opinion, she needs to humble herself a little bit and stop acting like an ungrateful bitch. In practically every interview, she talks about how MF "made" her pretend to be this provocative, but innocent girl. I don't know how many times I've seen her try to make fun of MF or down talk her. But guess what, Mylene still has a career!

No matter what, no one will ever know the real Alizee. She still hides things, she acts like someone she is not, except for her close friends and family. People need to realize that Alizee is not some innocent little angel. Shes a grown woman now and she needs to start acting like it.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I agree. I also agree with what Mon Maquis said above. Those like Euphoria who, it seems, will never like anything Alizée does that is not like what she used to do, should simply move on. Those people are always going to be disappointed.

But yes, we should not be using the old material to promote Alizée. That's promoting an artist who no longer exists in that form.
You really couldn't be more wrong, I am only disappointed by Alizee's complete lack of trying! One single per album, one video, no promotion, NO CONCERTS! I love Alizee's new albums, even if I think they are a tad....lackluster, they're still fantastic music. But, I know that these albums and her new "personality" will get her nowhere in the current French music industry. If she wants a career again, she needs to reconsider what kind of image she is trying to portray.

Last edited by Euphoria; 01-23-2011 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You really couldn't be more wrong, I am only disappointed by Alizee's complete lack of trying!
Then you should say that, instead of what you did say, which is what I said you said.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 01-23-2011, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately, Alizee has let her fame from MF (the person she apparently hates so much) carry her for a long time now. In my opinion, she needs to humble herself a little bit and stop acting like an ungrateful bitch. In practically every interview, she talks about how MF "made" her pretend to be this provocative, but innocent girl. I don't know how many times I've seen her try to make fun of MF or down talk her. But guess what, Mylene still has a career!
When has she ever indicated that she hated Mylene or tried to down-talk her? Can you link an example of an interview? Bear with me, but that's a little hard for me to believe. I have never heard her say that Mylene "made" her do anything, either.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 01-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I guess I’ve always looked at the Alizée persona as in layers. I am oversimplifying things here, but it helps to get my point across.

1. Alizée, the Lolita.
2. The sweet, innocent and kind-hearted girl from Corsica that was playing the part of Lolita.
3. The real Alizée, (who played the characters in 1 and 2).

Some people never made it past the first layer. Some people get to the second layer, but never recognize there is a third. I think the first two layers are for the public’s benefit and form the artist’s public persona. Even people who have had casual or business dealings with Alizée probably really don’t know the real Alizée very well. Being such a private person, I would expect that only her close friends and family know much about the real Alizée. Yet occasionally we do get glimpses. I’m not saying that Alizée doesn’t have any of the characteristics we see in her public persona. I’m saying that her public persona doesn’t fully define who she really is.

I was never much interested in the “Lolita” character. I always liked the sound (or timbre) of Alizée’s voice, and I’ve always liked the music. I continue to enjoy all four of her albums. Yes, I’d like to know the real Alizée better, but my expectations about her have never been attached to the first two layers. I don’t expect her to "be" her public persona. I’m hoping there is more music to come, I'm curious about the person behind the artistry, and that’s why I’m still here.

I suppose some people became disenchanted with Alizée because they discovered she wasn't Lolita, and some because she wasn't that sweet, innocent and kind-hearted girl from Corsica. And again, I'm not saying she doesn't possess some or all of these traits. I'm saying she is more complex than just these oversimplified 2 dimensional characters.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:27 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
Then you should say that, instead of what you did say, which is what I said you said.
No, I said that her albums were flops. That doesn't mean I only like her old music, it means that her new albums have been commercial failures.

Edit:

Quote:
When has she ever indicated that she hated Mylene or tried to down-talk her? Can you link an example of an interview? Bear with me, but that's a little hard for me to believe. I have never heard her say that Mylene "made" her do anything, either.
Honestly, to have to dig through all of her interviews would be a lot of trouble. All I can say is that the info is there, you just have to find it.

Last edited by Euphoria; 01-23-2011 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-23-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
You really couldn't be more wrong, I am only disappointed by Alizee's complete lack of trying! One single per album, one video, no promotion, NO CONCERTS!
This also got on my nerves a little. I think she could have at least promoted the album more. She does not know how to manage a career, that is for sure.

Quote:
No, I said that her albums were flops. That doesn't mean I only like her old music, it means that her new albums have been commercial failures.
The line between the two standpoints is often blurred.

Quote:
Honestly, to have to dig through all of her interviews would be a lot of trouble. All I can say is that the info is there, you just have to find it.
If you say so.